Hayward Car Accident Lawyer
A car accident can turn your life upside down, especially if you suffered an injury. If you or a loved one were hurt in a collision on Nimitz Freeway, Mission Boulevard, or another roadway in Hayward, you might qualify for compensation for your medical expenses and more.
If your accident was not your fault, a Hayward car accident lawyer with Nadrich & Cohen could assist with an insurance claim or lawsuit against the liable driver. We will prove negligence, identify your damages, and fight for the awards you need.
Types of Car Accident Cases Our Law Firm Handles
According to the most recent annual report from the California Highway Patrol, there were 662 injury crashes and 12 fatal collisions in Hayward in 2017. Our firm can take action for personal injury or wrongful death resulting from:
- Passenger vehicle collisions
- Truck, bus, and commercial vehicle accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents
- Accidents caused by a drunk driver
- Hit and run accidents
- Distracted driving
- Head-on collisions
- Rear-end collisions
- Uber and Lyft accidents
- Bird scooter accidents
- “T-bone” or side-impact collisions
- Rollover accidents
- Single-vehicle collisions
Available Compensation in Car Accident Cases
Car accidents can leave victims with severe injuries and significant financial losses. We can recover monetary awards from the driver who caused your crash so that you and your family do not have to suffer further hardships due to medical bills, loss of income, and other accident-related expenses. Our car accident attorneys will seek a settlement or verdict for your:
- Medical treatment. Medical awards include your current health care expenses and compensation to pay for your expected future treatment. We can work with your doctor (with your permission) and other medical professionals to understand your ongoing care needs and how your injury may affect your life moving forward. We can recover the cost of emergency treatment, hospitalizations, rehabilitation, medical equipment, prescription drugs, and long-term nursing services.
- Pain and suffering. These damages compensate victims for severe physical injuries, mental and emotional suffering, and reduced quality of life. You may qualify for pain and suffering awards for depression, stress, scarring and disfigurement, loss of bodily function, paralysis, chronic pain, mental anguish, and loss of enjoyment of life.
- Lost income, benefits, and earnings. We can recover wages, tips, bonuses, retirement income, and other earnings lost due to your accident and recovery. For example, if you suffered a permanent or disabling injury that forces you to change jobs, reduce your work hours, or leave the workforce, we could seek compensation for the loss of your earning capacity.
- Property damages. You can recover the cost of your vehicle repairs. If your damages are a total loss, we can seek awards for your car’s replacement value.
These damages may not encompass all your losses. We can help you identify additional awards, including the value of household services (childcare, lawn care, cleaning), medical travel expenses, and the cost of home and vehicle modifications to accommodate your injuries.
California Wrongful Death Cases
If your loved one suffered a fatal car accident injury, you could seek compensation for their wrongful death. According to CACI No. 3921, qualifying family members can pursue recovery for:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of the deceased’s financial support
- The value of the deceased’s lost household services
- Loss of your family member’s love, companionship, guidance, and support
- Loss of consortium
Wrongful death awards do not include compensation for the deceased’s pain and suffering or surviving family members’ grief and mental anguish.
Our Attorneys Can File Your Car Accident Insurance Claim
California requires that all drivers carry automobile liability insurance to pay for accidents they cause. Motorists must have a minimum of $15,000 in coverage for injury or death to one person, $30,000 for injury or death per accident, and $5,000 for property damage.
However, the at-fault driver’s insurance company will not simply hand you a check. You will need to prove the other driver caused your injury, and even when the fault is clear cut, they may still extend a low-ball offer. Our Hayward car accident attorneys can:
- Locate and interview eyewitnesses
- Collect medical records, police reports, and other relevant documents
- Obtain available surveillance footage or cell phone video of your crash
- Photograph your injuries and vehicle damages
- Work with crash reconstruction experts
- File your claims, manage your paperwork, and follow deadlines
- Communicate with the insurance company on your behalf (protecting you from saying something they could use against you in the future)
- Aggressively negotiate for the highest settlement available in your case
California Law Limits Your Time to File a Car Accident Lawsuit
We may take your case to civil court to secure fair compensation. However, if legal action is necessary, you must file your personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit within two years for your accident or your loved one’s passing, according to CCP § 335.1.
Even if you feel confident your case will settle without legal action, you should get started on your claim right away. A delay may give the insurance company reason to allege your injury did not result from the car accident. Furthermore, if the statute of limitations expires before we reach an agreement, it could reduce your bargaining power.
About Our Law Firm
In our 30-plus years in practice, our attorneys have recovered millions of dollars for clients across California. Our car accident case results include:
- $3.88 million for a victim involved in a highway accident with a Greyhound Bus
- $750,000 for the family of a woman killed in a pedestrian accident
- $500,000 for a passenger vehicle occupant injured during a large truck accident
- $250,000 for a drunk driving accident victim
Fighting for justice for injury victims is what we do. So whether we need to take on a Fortune 500 company or a nationwide insurer, we will stand by your side.
Call Our Car Accident Attorneys in Harvard to Receive a Free Consultation Today
Call Nadrich & Cohen today to learn more about how our Hayward car accident lawyers can advocate for you. A member of our team can get you started with a free case evaluation. Then, if you work with us, we only collect a fee if and when we win your case.