The city of Modesto, CA is intersected by three state highways: 99, 108 and 132. Highway 99 is a major trucking route. 2019 saw 27 truck collisions in Modesto, according to UC Berkeley. Truck accidents can lead to particularly severe collisions due to the amount of force that a heavy truck can generate in a collision. It is therefore imperative that you have an experienced truck accident attorney on your side to protect your legal rights and obtain the maximum possible financial recovery if you’ve been in a truck accident.
An experienced truck accident attorney like the ones at Nadrich & Cohen Accident Injury Lawyers can deal with the insurance companies. We’ll deal with the insurance adjuster and control the conversation so you don’t have to worry about accidentally saying the wrong thing and compromising the value of your case. A trucking accident attorney can handle all correspondence for you and do all the work for you so you can focus entirely on recovering from your injuries. Our legal team will fight to get the largest possible financial recovery for your injuries.
Call us now at (209) 255-6761 if you or a loved one was injured or killed in a truck accident in Modesto. We may be able to obtain financial compensation for your injuries, medical bills, lost wages, loss of earning capacity, pain and suffering and more. We won’t charge you a fee if we don’t obtain you a financial recovery.
Truck Accident Causes
Truck accidents are stressful and difficult at best, deadly and devastating at worst. Many of these tragic accidents could be prevented by an emphasis on better manufacturing, focus on safety and stricter regulations.
For example, truck drivers are often pressured to deliver their goods by strict deadlines. This can cause fatigued truck drivers and reckless, careless operation of vehicles which weigh over 20 times the vehicles they’re sharing the road with. A study found that fatigued drivers were involved in 13 percent of serious truck accidents.
Nadrich & Cohen Accident Injury Lawyers
Modesto, CA 95354
Truck drivers are not always at fault in truck accidents, though. Truck companies sometimes fail to provide regular maintenance and complete routine inspections in a manner which complies with truck regulation and inspection safety. Trucks often drive on California roadways with inadequate tires, badly functioning lights and faulty brakes.
These are just a few out of many factors that can make sharing highways with trucks dangerous. It would be ideal if we could eliminate all truck accidents, but they are not always avoidable.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Modesto, call (209) 255-6761
What To Do After A Truck Accident
Anyone who has been in a truck accident should immediately contact our experienced, well-respected Modesto truck accident lawyers and do the following:
- Get medical attention immediately. It is not always immediately obvious that you have been injured. It is important to receive medical attention immediately even if you don’t think you’re injured. You have a better chance of obtaining the largest financial recovery possible if any injuries are documented by a medical professional as soon as possible after the accident. Insurance companies can claim something else caused your injuries and refuse to pay you if you wait too long to receive medical attention.
- Report the accident to the police immediately. Police reports can be very helpful in terms of helping you obtain the maximum financial recovery for your injuries. Police can file charges if the truck driver is under the influence of alcohol or drugs or if the truck driver committed any other crimes, and these charges can also help you obtain a larger recovery for your injuries. You must report any collision involving an injury or death in writing to the police or CHP immediately if law enforcement wasn’t present at the scene, and you must report any collision involving an injury or over $1,000 in property damage to the DMV within 10 days.
- Obtain the contact information of witnesses. Witnesses may be able to support your personal injury case in the future. Get the names, addresses, email addresses and phone numbers of any witnesses to the accident.
- Take pictures. Take photos of every vehicle from multiple angles. Take photos of broken lights, debris, tire tracks, etc. Take these photos even though the police will probably take photos as well. Your photos may still end up being useful in a personal injury case even if the police also take photos.
- Talk as little as possible. Keep your conversation light with those at the accident scene. It is OK to make sure others are OK. You can easily say something accidentally which could jeopardize your future ability to obtain financial compensation for your injuries, though, so don’t talk when it’s not necessary.
- Don’t talk with other parties’ insurance companies. Their employees are trained to get you to say incriminating things they can use to pay you less.
- Don’t accept the other parties’ insurance companies’ first offer. It will almost always be inadequate and an attempt to take advantage of you. It may be tempting to accept quick money, but you can get much more money if you hire a lawyer.
- Contact an experienced truck accident lawyer. Request a free consultation to discuss your case and advise you of your legal options. It is a good idea to do this as soon after an accident as possible, so that evidence can be preserved and witnesses can be located, if needed.
Call us at (209) 232-2933 today for a free consultation if you or a loved one was injured or killed in a truck accident. You can also chat with one of our live chat specialists or completing the contact form on this page.
Modesto Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me (209) 255-6761
We Know What To Do
We know exactly what to do to get you the largest possible recovery for your injuries due to our decades of experience handling truck accidents in Modesto and throughout California. Some of the things we consider in a truck accident case include:
- Log books need to be preserved and examined. Log books in truck accident cases often demonstrate that federal laws which regulate commercial driving operations were violated by the trucking company and/or driver.
- Black box and GPS data are crucial. Black box data demonstrates what driving inputs the truck driver applied right before the accident.
- It is crucial that a thorough site inspection be done immediately after the accident. Our investigators and attorneys will personally and carefully examine the accident site. This examination may include looking for evidence like tire marks and debris, as well as taking measurements. We often hire roadway design experts and/or accident reconstruction experts when determining the cause of truck accidents.
We can obtain a recovery for your truck accident injuries by proving your truck accident occurred due to someone else’s negligence. California Civil Code Section 1714 (a) ensures that anyone who causes harm by being negligent is liable for that harm.
CACI No. 401 defines negligence as failing to use reasonable care to prevent harm. CACI No. 400 states that one must prove negligence substantially caused harm to establish a negligence claim in California.
The Modesto Truck Accident Experts
Nadrich & Cohen Accident Injury Lawyers have been handling truck accident cases since 1990 and have recovered over $350,000,000 on behalf of clients in that time. We know the ins and outs of obtaining clients the biggest possible financial recoveries for their injuries due to our lawyers’ vast legal experience.
We handle cases on a contingency fee basis which means you will never owe us any money. We only charge our clients a percentage of their recovery, and only if we obtain a recovery for them.
Call us at (209) 255-6761 today for a free consultation if you or a loved one was injured or killed in a truck accident. You can also chat with one of our live chat specialists or completing the contact form on this page.