A slip or trip and fall accident can lead to brain trauma, broken bones and many other serious injuries which can change your life in an instant. The Palm Desert slip and fall accident attorneys at Nadrich & Cohen will fight for you to obtain for you the financial compensation you deserve to pay for lost income, medical bills and any other damages you have sustained because of your injuries. Call us today at (760) 860-1001 for a free consultation.
Common Slip And Fall Types
Slip and fall accidents can occur anywhere. Sometimes all it takes is a single spilled drink to cause devastating injuries.
The lawyers at Nadrich & Cohen Accident Injury Lawyers rely on their exhaustive experience and knowledge relating to California premises liability laws to help clients obtain financial recoveries in the following case types:
- Slip and fall accidents indoors
- Slip and fall accidents outdoors
- Slip and fall accidents resulting from spilled liquid
- Slip and fall accidents caused by plumbing leaks
- Slip and fall accidents on walkways or sidewalks
- Slip and fall accidents in supermarkets
- Slip and fall accidents on boats
- Slip and fall accidents at marinas
- Slip and fall accidents resulting from weather
- Slip and fall accidents in apartment complexes
- Slip and fall accidents caused by inadequate lighting
- Slip and fall accidents caused by a lack of handrails
- Slip and fall accidents in elevators or on escalators
- Slip and fall accidents which happen on carpet, tile, linoleum or concrete
Every slip and fall case is different. Some may have one liable party and some may have several liable parties. It is important to hire a slip and fall attorney in Palm Desert who will give your case the personalized attention it deserves since every slip and fall case is unique. The lawyers at Nadrich & Cohen will conduct a thorough, prompt investigation of your case to identify any and all parties which may be liable for your injuries.
We will quickly gather all liability evidence before it becomes impossible to do so. This evidence may include:
- Testimony from witnesses
- Video evidence of your fall
- Expert witness testimony
- Photographs of the dangerous condition which led to your fall
- Records documenting previous slip and fall accidents at the same property
- Incident and police reports
- Records of maintenance
Nadrich & Cohen Accident Injury Lawyers
Palm Desert, CA 92260
For a free legal consultation with a slip and fall accidents lawyer serving Palm Desert, call (760) 860-1001
California Slip And Fall Liability
People in California are duty-bound to protect those on their property from harm. Those who own, occupy, lease or control property have this duty. Insurers and parent companies can sometimes also be liable for slip and fall injuries in California. For example, a person slips on a spilled drink at a convention and is badly injured. The convention center was rented out to the company responsible for the convention for the day. The company responsible for the convention, the convention center’s owner, the convention center’s parent company, all of these peoples’ insurers and maybe even the employees of the convention center and the company responsible for the convention are all potentially liable parties in this hypothetical slip and fall case.
Slip and fall plaintiffs in California need to establish the following to recover slip and fall accident damages:
- The property was owned, occupied or leased by the defendant
- The defendant’s maintenance or use of the property was negligent
- The plaintiff sustained harm by falling on the property
- The negligence of the defendant was a substantial reason why the plaintiff was harmed
Negligence in a California slip and fall case is proven when a plaintiff can prove the following:
- The property contained a condition which presented those on the property with an unreasonable risk of harm
- This risk was known or should have been known by the defendant
- The defendant failed to give adequate warning about the condition, protect against harm caused by the condition or repair the unsafe condition
Palm Desert Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Near Me (760) 860-1001
California Slip And Fall Damages Which Can Be Recovered
The damages which can be recovered in a slip and fall case in California depend on the unique circumstances of each individual case. When you hire Nadrich & Cohen, our lawyers will closely evaluate invoices relating to expenses caused by your accident, your medical bills and other evidence to come up with an exhaustive list of damages you may be eligible to recover. California slip and fall plaintiffs can recover compensation for:
- Past, present and future healthcare expenses
- Loss of income
- Loss or reduction of earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment
- Loss of companionship
- Punitive damages against those responsible for your slip and fall
Many factors determine what kind of damages you can recover in a slip and fall case, including how much income you lost while you recovered from your injuries, your injury severity, whether or not you can return to work, how your injuries affect your relationships and more. Our slip and fall lawyers will carefully and thoroughly calculate your damages to ensure all possible damages you can recover for are included in your claim.
Nadrich & Cohen Can Help You
Our lawyers, once hired by you, will speak with insurance companies and the at fault parties on your behalf. We will do everything for you, including finding you the best doctors who work on a lien for you. This means you won’t have to pay for medical treatment until your case is over. We will do everything for you so you can concentrate on getting better. These doctors’ fees, as well as ours, will come out of your recovery so you will never owe us any money. You will not owe us any money if we don’t obtain a recovery for you.
Call us today at (760) 860-1001 if you or a loved one was injured in a slip and fall accident. You can also chat with our live chat, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the free “Do I Have A Claim?” case evaluation form.