Riding a motorcycle can be an exhilarating experience. Unfortunately, it can also be a dangerous experience: 17 percent of all traffic accident deaths in California are motorcycle deaths.
Motorcyclists do not have the protection of a vehicle’s frame around them, so motorcycle accidents can lead to particularly serious injuries, such as broken bones and traumatic brain injuries. These serious injuries can lead to gigantic medical bills which become difficult to pay because the injuries can also prevent you from working.
You may be struggling to pay your bills and struggling to find quality medical care after your motorcycle accident injuries. However, the Susanville motorcycle accident attorneys at Nadrich & Cohen can help with both.
We will fight for you to obtain every penny you’re entitled to under the law for your medical bills, pain and suffering, lost wages, and more. Insurance companies won’t offer you a fair settlement if you don’t have a lawyer, but with us at your side you can get paid what you deserve for your injuries.
Our network of the best doctors in California treat our clients on a lien, meaning they won’t charge you until your case is over. Our impeccable track record of obtaining great results for our clients is the reason why doctors are willing to do this for our clients.
Best of all, our representation is essentially free. We do not charge a fee unless and until we obtain a recovery, so you will never owe our Lassen County motorcycle accident lawyers any out of pocket funds for our services.
Let us deal with the insurance companies for you and obtain you the money you deserve for while you focus on recovering from your injuries. Call us today at (530) 296-1202 for a free consultation if you or a loved one was injured or killed in a motorcycle accident in Susanville or Lassen County. You may be eligible for financial compensation.
How To Obtain Motorcycle Accident Injury Compensation
There are two ways that someone injured in a motorcycle accident can obtain financial compensation for their injuries: personal injury claims and personal injury lawsuits.
Personal Injury Claims
Personal injury claims are insurance claims filed with your insurance company or the at-fault driver’s insurance company. An insurance adjuster will investigate the claim once it is filed.
Nadrich & Cohen Accident Injury Lawyers
Insurance adjusters are not your friend. Their priority is preserving their employers’ profits, not making sure you get the money you deserve for your injuries. It is therefore vital that you contact experienced motorcycle accident lawyers in Susanville like Nadrich & Cohen if you’ve been injured in a motorcycle crash.
Adjusters are trained to trick you into admitting fault for accidents so they don’t have to pay you. They are very good at this, and can even get you to admit fault for an accident that wasn’t your fault. This is why it is important to obtain legal counsel who can talk with the insurance companies for you.
Negotiations occur after an adjuster investigates your accident. Financial settlements which compensate you for your injuries and other losses are offered after negotiations. Accepting a settlement usually involves signing a release which prevents you from suing an at-fault driver.
Insurance companies will usually offer you a small fraction of what you’re actually entitled to under the law if you don’t have a lawyer. They know your only option when they do this is to sue, and they know you can’t win a lawsuit without a lawyer. This is why it is crucial to call the Susanville motorcycle accident lawyers at Nadrich & Cohen if you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident. Having experienced, battle-tested lawyers with a proven track record in court like Nadrich & Cohen by your side forces the insurance company to offer you a fair settlement offer, as the insurance companies don’t want to waste time in money in court against opponents like us that they know they can’t beat.
Personal Injury Lawsuits
Almost all of our clients receive settlement offers out of court. Rarely, however, the negotiation and settlement process breaks down and it becomes clear that our client won’t receive a fair settlement offer.
We will file a personal injury lawsuit on your behalf if this occurs. This is when we demand financial damages which compensate you for your injuries, medical bills, lost wages, loss of earning potential, pain and suffering, and more.
Filing a lawsuit often results in the insurance company finally giving in and offering a fair settlement out of court. In fact, this is the typical result when we file a lawsuit, as insurance companies know that fighting us in court is a losing battle for them. Rarely, a lawsuit we file will end up going to trial, where a jury or judge will decide how much money you are eligible to be paid for your injuries.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Susanville, call (530) 296-1202
Types Of Motorcycle Accident Compensation
Our Susanville motorcycle crash lawyers can help you recover compensation for multiple types of damages, including:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Costs to accommodate a disability
Additional damages are available for the family members of those killed in motorcycle accident. Wrongful death claims and lawsuits may pursue compensation for damages such as:
- Emotional distress
- Loss of financial support from the motorcyclist who was killed
- Loss of consortium
- Burial and funeral expenses
- Loss of household services
Susanville Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me (530) 296-1202
What Should I Do After A Motorcycle Accident In Susanville?
It is important that you take the right steps after a motorcycle accident if you want to maximize the compensation you receive for your injuries. You should:
- Move to safety: Get to the side of the road or somewhere else safe if you can. Move disabled vehicles to the side of or off of the road if you can.
- Look for injuries: Check yourself for injuries such as large cuts or bone fractures. Check other parties for injuries if you’re physically able. You are obligated under the law to stay at the scene of the accident until you’ve confirmed that nobody needs help or is injured. Call 911 and request an ambulance immediately if anyone is hurt.
- Call law enforcement: Police reports can be vital pieces of evidence once your personal injury claim reaches the negotiation and settlement stages. You are also legally obligated to file a report with law enforcement within 24 hours if your accident involves any injuries or property damage of $1,000 or more.
- Keep your talking to a minimum: Talk as little as possible at the scene of the accident so as to avoid accidentally admitting partial or complete fault for the accident. It is easy to accidentally say something that implies your own fault for an accident, even if the accident wasn’t even one percent your fault.
- Collect information: Get the contact information and insurance information of all drivers involved if you’re physically capable. Get the contact information of all witnesses if you’re physically capable. Get a friend or family member to do this if you go straight to the hospital.
- Take photos and videos: Take pictures and videos of your motorcycle, any other vehicle involved, the roadway conditions, any nearby traffic signals or signs, and your injuries. These pictures and videos can be vital evidence during the settlement and negotiation phases of a personal injury claim, or in court.
- Get medical attention as soon as possible: Do this even if you don’t think you’re hurt. Many people don’t immediately realize after an accident they’ve been hurt, especially those with brain injuries, which are common in motorcycle accidents. Insurance companies can claim your injuries were caused by something else other than your motorcycle crash if you wait to long to seek medical attention.
- Call Nadrich & Cohen: Call the Lassen County motorcycle accident attorneys at Nadrich & Cohen at (530) 296-1202 so we can make sure any personal injury claim or lawsuit is complete and filed in time, preserve your legal rights and fight to ensure you obtain justice and fair compensation for your injuries.
Susanville Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
We have been representing injured Californians since 1990, having recovered over a half billion dollars on behalf of our clients in that time. Insurance companies keep files on lawyers, and the files they have on us tell them to offer our clients all the money they deserve for their injuries because they’ll lose in court if they try to go to court against us.
The only fee we charge for our services is a percentage of any recovery we obtain. We do not charge a fee unless we obtain a recovery for you.
Call us today at (530) 296-1202 for a free consultation if you or a loved one was injured or killed in a motorcycle crash in Lassen County. You may be entitled to a financial recovery.