Being a large agricultural area in the most populated state in the U.S. means that Bakersfield is subject to constant traffic throughout its roads daily. 18-wheeler trucks are a common sight on freeways like I-5, H-99, and H-178. Unfortunately, a truck accident can occur along these trucking routes at any time.
Truckers owe other road users a great level of care when operating their big rigs. The size and weight of 18-wheeler trucks can mean severe injuries when truck accidents happen. If you were injured in an truck accident caused by another party’s negligence, you could pursue compensation from our truck accident lawyers at Nadrich & Cohen.
A Bakersfield truck accident attorney from our firm can help you seek the financial recovery you need. It can feel challenging to put your life back together after being involved in a major accident. With the help of our firm, you can focus on your family and health. A personal injury lawyer from Nadrich & Cohen can seek compensation for you for your property damage.
Our Bakersfield Truck Accident Lawyer Can Determine the Value of Your Accident Case
Determining the value of your case will require an investigation into the circumstances surrounding your truck accident. It might be hard to calculate the cost of your losses on your own since some damages you suffered may not have an explicit dollar value. Our Bakersfield truck accident attorney can help you determine the total cost of your losses.
When we help you file a claim or lawsuit, we will list all the damages you’ve suffered. Some of these may include:
- Medical bills from serious injuries related to the 18-wheeler crash
- Significant property damage if your car needs fixing
- Lost income if your injuries forced you to take time off work
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life if you can no longer live your life the way you could before the accident
Your settlement should cover the range of losses you suffered. Our team can use evidence to show that you suffered damages. If you have any medical bills, repair shop invoices, or photos of your injuries, we can use them to build your case following a truck accident.
You Can Seek Wrongful Death Damages When You Lose a Loved One in a Crash
When you lose a loved one in an 18-wheeler truck accident case, you may be able to recover wrongful death damages. A wrongful death case can compensate your family for:
- Your loved one’s accident-related medical expenses
- The costs associated with their funeral and burial
- Loss of companionship
- Your loved one’s pain and suffering
We know it can be difficult to focus on legal matters when your family is suffering a loss. Let our firm handle your case so you can focus on your family.
Our Bakersfield 18-Wheeler Truck Accident Lawyer Can Build Your Case for You
We have over 30 years of experience representing clients in personal injury cases across California. We’re not afraid to take on the hard cases, negotiate with insurers, or take your case to court. Being proud members of groups like the American Association for Justice and the National Trial Lawyers’ Top 100 cements our claim of being a firm that is committed to getting fair results for our clients.
To help you fight for a fair settlement, we will:
- Communicate with the insurance company for you
- Fill out and submit the paperwork for any truck accident claims or a lawsuit
- Remind you of any filing deadlines that apply to your case
- Identify the liable party
- Collect evidence that supports your case
When hired, our team of lawyers and paralegals will guide you every step of the way, develop a strategy based on your specific situation, and make sure you are never out of the loop until the job is done. We’ve helped our previous clients reach million-dollar settlements, and we can fight for your right to financial recovery.
What Our Former Clients Have To Say About Working With Nadrich & Cohen
Clients we have worked with have been satisfied with the service our firm provides. They have left reviews that say:
- “I didn’t know how I was going to pay my bills after I was injured and unable to work, but these guys at Nadrich & Cohen made sure I was fairly compensated for my injuries. – Matt B
- “Personal injury lawyers that care. They made sure that I had everything I needed to get better and move on with my life after my injury.” – Norm T
- “I truly believe that they had my best interests at heart and got me a lot more than the insurance company really wanted to pay.” – J Johnson
- “I reached out to them after my accident but wasn’t really sure I needed an attorney. I took them up on their FREE CONSULTATION and decided that I needed assistance. They really helped me and my fiance and we are relieved that we hired them.” -C Guzman
When you work with our Bakersfield 18-wheeler accident lawyer, we will offer our support throughout your case. You do not have to build your case on your own.
How Much Does it Cost To Hire Bakersfield Truck Accident Lawyers From Nadrich & Cohen?
After a tragic trucking accident with an 18-wheeler truck, you could have sustained severe injuries and may require surgery or other forms of expensive treatment. You may feel overwhelmed by the number of bills you receive after a catastrophic accident. Our firm does not wish to make your financial burden any greater.
We work with our clients on a contingency-fee basis, meaning we charge you nothing upfront. Our team can handle your case without accepting any payment until it is won or settled. After we settle your case, we will receive an agreed-upon percentage of your compensation as our payment.
Liable Parties in 18-Wheeler Truck Accidents in Bakersfield, CA
There could be one or more liable parties in your Bakersfield truck accident case. Our team will determine liability and help you seek fair compensation from the at-fault party.
Liable parties could include:
- A drunk driver
- A negligent truck driver who was texting and driving
- The truck driver’s employer, who could have scheduled them to work for too many consecutive hours
- The cargo loading company
- A truck or car maintenance worker
- A passenger vehicle manufacturer
We can collect evidence at the scene of the accident to help us prove that the liable party should be held accountable. The evidence we may use includes:
- Photos or videos from cell phones or surveillance cameras
- The at-fault driver’s cell phone records
- Your medical records
- The police report
- Statements from any party who witnessed the accident
If you have gathered any evidence, you can bring it to your lawyer. Do not worry if you were not able to gather any evidence at the scene of the accident. Our 18-wheeler accident attorney can collect proof on your behalf.
Who Pays for Your Damages?
Since California is a “fault” state, the at-fault party’s insurer will likely be responsible for compensating you after the accident under California law. We can file a claim with another driver’s insurer, or even go up against a liable trucking company’s insurers.
If an insurance claim does not result in a fair payout for you, we can file a lawsuit for compensation. Many lawsuits can be settled before they go to court. If we cannot fairly settle through negotiations, we can represent you in front of a jury.
You Must File Your 18-Wheeler Truck Accident Lawsuit On Time
According to the California statute of limitations, CCP § 335.1, you will usually have two years after the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit. After this time passes, you could be barred from recovering compensation.
Sometimes there are exceptions to the statute of limitations. If any exceptions apply to your case, your Bakersfield attorney will explain them to you.
In wrongful death cases, you also typically have two years to file your lawsuit. You can leave this legal matter to us. It’s important to be aware of the deadlines that apply to your lawsuit. Our firm can ensure you are aware of the statute of limitations that applies to your case and help you file on time.
Contact Our Firm for a Free Initial Consultation
The city of Bakersfield is a busy place that gets a lot of daily traffic from large commercial trucks. You can expect commercial truck drivers to rush to meet deadlines imposed by unreasonable trucking companies. However, no driver has any excuse for compromising the safety of you or any other driver on the road. If you were injured because of another party’s actions, you have options for seeking justice.
We are available 24/7 to answer your call. Contact Nadrich & Cohen for a free case review and we’ll offer you advice on your case. Our Bakersfield 18-wheeler accident lawyer can answer any questions you have when you hire our firm. Don’t wait to seek the compensation you deserve.