A mass tort asserts that an entity’s action or inaction caused harm to multiple people. In mass tort cases, individual claims are grouped together in a single case against one defendant. Many mass torts include defective products, like medical devices, toxic chemicals, or bad pharmaceutical drugs.
If you or a loved one was harmed by the negligence of a company, organization, or government agency, then you may have a mass tort claim. A Bakersfield mass torts lawyer from Nadrich & Cohen can evaluate your claim, connect it to similar claims against the entity, and seek justice on your behalf.
How does a Mass Torts Claim Work?
As noted, in a mass torts case, there are many individual plaintiffs (victims) who claim that a single entity, service, event, or product injured them. Here are some important things to know:
- Mass tort plaintiffs have similar claims, including what injuries they suffered and how the injuries occurred. Yet, the level of harm they experienced can differ from victim to victim. That’s why each victim’s damages are evaluated individually to best reflect their pain and suffering.
- In each claim, the plaintiff must have proof that the at-fault party acted or failed to act in a reasonable manner. This is also known as negligence.
- Then, plaintiffs must prove that the at-fault party’s negligence caused their losses, and victims suffered damages. If successful, they can receive compensation for their losses.
Let’s say that a manufacturer released a line of defective deep fryers. These appliances caused severe, third-degree burns to those who used them as instructed. In this situation, multiple claimants can pursue a mass tort against the manufacturer and seek damages.
You can work with our mass torts lawyers in Bakersfield, who can manage your case and prove its required elements.
Recoverable Damages in a Bakersfield Mass Torts Claim
Nadrich & Cohen Accident Injury Lawyers
Bakersfield, CA 93301
You can recover economic damages that have clear monetary values, as well as non-economic damages that don’t. Compensable losses in your case may include:
- Current and future injury-related medical expenses
- Lost wages while you recover from your injuries
- Reduced earning potential
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced quality of life
- Other out-of-pocket losses
A Bakersfield mass torts attorney from Nadrich & Cohen can work with experts to calculate the full scope of your damages, including the cost of future medical treatments and the amount of income you lost.
Examples of Mass Tort Cases
Mass tort cases can include medical devices and pharmaceutical drugs that are meant to correct conditions but cause complications instead. Some mass tort cases include exposure to toxic chemicals, building materials, and other hazards.
Here are some examples of past and ongoing mass tort claims:
- Asbestos linked to mesothelioma
- Bard PowerPort
- Inferior vena cava (IVC) filters
- Roundup weedkiller
- Paraquat commercial herbicide linked to the increased risk of Parkinson’s disease
Our mass tort attorneys serving Bakersfield can review your case and explain your legal options. We offer free case reviews where you can get answers to your claim-related questions.
What You Can Expect from Our Legal Team in Kern County
We know that pursuing any type of personal injury lawsuit can be stressful, time-consuming, and painful. Yet, when you partner with a lawyer, they can manage your case’s many obligations.
We’re ready to serve you by:
- Gathering supporting evidence. To have a successful mass tort case, you need evidence. Supporting documents can include your medical records, testimony from witnesses, and your damages’ receipts.
- Filing your case: Mass tort cases are often multi-district litigation cases, meaning they involve victims in multiple locations. This can make filing your mass tort complicated. We will manage your case’s paperwork and determine which court district should hear your case.
- Seek the compensation you need. Your recoverable damages are unique to your situation. We will evaluate your medical condition, emotional trauma, and other factors to determine what you need. Your mass tort compensation should account for each of your hardships.
- Hold the negligent party accountable: Mass tort cases can involve multi-million-dollar organizations that have countless resources to dispute claims. This can make it difficult to seek what you need. The team at Nadrich & Cohen has experience going head-to-head with large entities, and we’re confident in our ability to represent you.
We Will Manage Everything Your Case Requires
At Nadrich & Cohen, we aren’t afraid of large corporations and organizations. With us by your side, you don’t have to be afraid, either. We’re prepared to protect your rights as a victim and hold the at-fault parties accountable.
In addition to the services listed above, we’re ready to support you by:
- Collecting evidence and sharing it with other plaintiffs’ legal teams
- Interviewing expert witnesses to support your case
- Reviewing your medical records to link your injuries to your claim
- Calculating your damages to determine a personalized settlement
- Handling all filings, litigation, and negotiations
- Representing you in hearings as necessary
- Updating you every step of the way
We can do all this and more at no upfront cost to you. You don’t owe us anything until we recover compensation.
Nadrich & Cohen Has Experience Representing People Like You
Our team has recovered millions of dollars in compensation for our clients, including those injured by defective products and drugs. Some examples include:
- $14.25 million for a child who developed a serious medical condition after taking an over-the-counter drug
- $5 million for a woman who developed a serious medical condition after taking a dietary drug
- $3 million for a man who suffered injuries from a surgically implanted medical device
We also recovered $1.25 million for a woman who developed pulmonary hypertension after taking a dietary drug. We hope that these outcomes instill confidence in our ability to represent your case.
Begin Your Free Case Evaluation With Our Mass Tort Team
If you’re ready to move forward with your mass tort case in Bakersfield, contact Nadrich & Cohen today. We offer free case evaluations to determine the validity of your claim and help you explore your legal options.