Slip and fall accidents can lead to many serious injuries. The Bakersfield slip and fall attorneys at Nadrich & Cohen can help you if you’ve suffered brain trauma, soft tissue damage, fractured bones, or other significant injuries in a slip and fall accident.
We will help you obtain the financial compensation you require to pay your medical bills, account for any lost wages, and make up for other damages caused by your injuries. When you talk with our personal injury team, we’ll make sure you feel welcome, and we’ll support you on the path to obtaining full compensation for your injuries.
Compensation You Can Seek Following a Slip and Fall Accident in Bakersfield
Since falls can cause severe injuries, the medical expenses that follow can get expensive. Along with rehabilitative services, you may require modifications to your home, as well as in-home aid. Even diagnostic testing, such as MRIs and X-rays, can rack up bills. If your injuries require surgery, your medical expenses only grow.
You shouldn’t have to foot the bill for an injury that stems from another party’s negligence. Our Bakersfield slip and fall attorneys can seek fair compensation for your losses, which may include:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages if you miss work while you recover
- Reduced earning capacity if you cannot return to work or earn your pre-injury wages
- Loss of quality of life
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Out-of-pocket expenses
Our personal injury lawyers handle each case with personalized attention to detail. They can account for both your current and future accident-related losses to figure out what a fair settlement looks like for you.
Compensation for Wrongful Death
Nothing can replace a loved one, but you should not have to suffer financial strain due to their sudden passing. If a slip and fall accident led to the loss of a family member, our wrongful death lawyers can seek compensation that can help your family cope in your loved one’s absence.
We can seek awards for:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Your loved one’s medical bills
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of inheritance
- Lost wages if you took time off work to tend to your loved one’s fatal injuries
- Your loved one’s pain and suffering
What Can I Do to Strengthen My Slip and Fall Case?
You may feel hurt and disoriented after your slip and fall accident. However, knowing what to do in the moments, days, and weeks following your accident can help to strengthen your claim. You should make every effort to:
- Write down everything that happened before and after your slip and fall accident, such as weather conditions, lighting conditions, if the ground was wet, where the slip and fall happened, etc.
- Take pictures of the scene of the accident with timestamps before the owner of the property can fix the dangerous condition that caused your fall.
- Keep your shoes and any clothes you wore in a place that is safe, as the defendant might argue your clothes or shoes caused you to fall.
- Document witnesses’ contact information.
- Seek the attention of a healthcare provider as soon as possible so defendants can’t claim your injuries were caused by something other than your accidents.
- Contact Nadrich & Cohen in Bakersfield to talk about the best path forward for your claim.
Can I File a Slip and Fall Accident Lawsuit?
To file a lawsuit over a slip and fall, you must be able to prove liability or legal responsibility. If the owner, lessee, or controller of the property knew a dangerous condition existed or should have known about the condition but failed to fix it, they’d be liable for any injuries caused by it. They’d also be liable for any dangerous condition they caused and didn’t fix.
Examples of dangerous conditions are:
- Cords located in customers’ walking paths
- Constructions sides that aren’t properly roped off
- Broken stairs
- Uneven or broken flooring
- Missing or broken stairwell railings
Those who control properties in California have a duty of care they must uphold. They are responsible for ensuring that their properties are safe.
Once you manage to identify who controls the property your accident occurred on, you need to be able to prove that the defendant failed to maintain the property properly, causing your injuries as a result.
Examples of dangerous conditions leading to injuries include:
- Construction sites that aren’t roped off properly, exposing anyone who walks by to hazards
- Tenants who slip and fall because of missing or broken stairwell railings
- Customers who slip and fall in a bathroom because the floor was wet after being washed and no sign was present warning of the wetness
Why Do I Need a Bakersfield Slip and Fall Lawyer?
Bakersfield slip and fall attorneys represent those who are injured while on someone else’s property. Your fall might have been caused by structural defects, badly maintained railings or stairs, or even a simple spill.
The best chance you have of receiving all the compensation you’re entitled to for your injuries is working with a Bakersfield slip and fall lawyer. Slips and falls can be serious accidents, often leading to injuries with physical and mental effects that stick with you for years. We can help you with:
Nadrich & Cohen Accident Injury Lawyers
Bakersfield, CA 93301
Understanding Premises Liability
California premises liability laws can be complicated. We can make sense of the complex web of legal issues for you and help you pursue the financial compensation you’re entitled to under California law.
Dealing With Insurance Companies
Insurance companies have likely called you already, requesting a statement. Our personal injury attorneys will take over all communications with insurance companies for you. If you don’t have medical insurance, contact our lawyers immediately to make sure you’re properly represented after an accident.
We will protect you from making statements that insurance companies can use against you in order to pay you less. We’ll handle all discussions with insurance companies, as well as their adjusters and legal consultants for you while you focus on recovering and rehabilitating from your injuries.
Answering Your Questions
If you want to talk to a lawyer, our lawyers will answer any of your questions. We’ll make sure you understand every detail of your case thoroughly by answering any concerns or questions you have.
Prioritizing Your Best Interests
We’ll always prioritize your best interests. The only fee we’ll ever charge you is a percentage of any financial compensation we obtain for you. And we won’t charge a fee if we don’t recover compensation for you.
How Our Bakersfield Slip and Fall Team Can Help You
There are a myriad of steps involved in seeking compensation for a slip and fall injury. Mainly, you have to establish the four elements of negligence to hold another party liable for your losses. For example, you may need to illustrate:
- A property owner, such as a store owner, owed you a basic duty of care to keep you reasonably safe on their premises.
- They acted in a negligent manner or failed to act with reasonable care in some way, breaching their duty of care.
- Their breach of duty directly caused or contributed to your slip and fall accident.
- This slip and fall accident resulted in your injuries and losses.
Proving negligence is not an easy task, especially when you are recovering from injuries. We can tackle the legal legwork for you while you focus on your health.
Other Legal Services We Offer
Aside from establishing another party’s negligence, we can also help you:
- Complete important paperwork and submit it within any applicable deadlines
- Gather evidence of your injuries, such as medical documentation
- Gather evidence of liability, such as recent inspection reports
- Negotiate with insurers
- File a lawsuit on your behalf
- Represent you in a trial if necessary
We pride ourselves on going the extra mile for each of our clients. Our team understands that no two cases are the same. This is why we tailor our legal strategy to each case.
When you work with our slip and fall lawyers serving Bakersfield, you will get the personalized treatment your case deserves. We will also keep you updated and make ourselves available to answer any of your questions.
You Can Afford to Hire Us
Some slip and fall accident victims worry about incurring additional financial losses if they hire legal representation. You can put this worry to rest when you work with Nadrich & Cohen.
We take personal injury cases on a contingency-fee basis, meaning we only charge you for our services if we secure your compensation. This payment agreement allows us to get started on your case immediately to meet any impending deadlines and get you back on your feet as soon as possible.
We also offer free consultations so you can learn more about your legal options. We can explain how our Bakersfield slip and fall attorneys can help you.
Contact Nadrich & Cohen for a Free Consultation
Contact us to seek financial compensation for medical expenses, loss of wages, pain, suffering, or any other losses you’ve suffered. Slip and fall cases can be complicated.
Nadrich & Cohen are experienced personal injury lawyers who have been handling slip and fall cases since 1990. We can assist you in navigating the legal system, no matter if your accident occurred in the workplace or caused a loved one to suffer a wrongful death.
Call us today for a free consultation or text us from this page if you or a loved one was injured in a slip and fall accident in Bakersfield. We won’t charge a fee unless and until we win your case.