It is very important for you to remember that when making a bicycle accident claim, anything you say can hurt your claim. Because of this, you should refrain from talking about the accident on any social media site. As long as the case is active, be careful about what you say in public and online.
If you are contacted by an attorney for the other party regarding the accident, tell them to speak to your lawyer. If the other party’s insurance company makes you an offer, tell them to speak to your lawyer and do not say anything further. For example, refrain from saying something that might be taken as an agreement to the insurance company’s terms.
We handle bicycle cases throughout California and are members of the League of American Bicyclists and the Los Angeles County, Silicon Valley and California Bicycle Coalitions.
Being injured in a bicycle accident is very stressful. Finding a good personal injury lawyer provides peace of mind. At Nadrich & Cohen Accident Injury Lawyers we work in a quick and thorough manner to provide the best possible outcomes for our clients. Call us immediately for a free consultation, text us from this page or complete the free case evaluation form on this page. A member of our injury team will contact you within 24 hours.
We have office and meeting locations throughout California to serve you.
Most Recent Accident Settlements and Victories
Cyclist struck and killed by a dump truck.
Injured? Get Help Now from Experienced Bicycle Accident Lawyers
- Nadrich & Cohen Accident Injury Lawyers is one of the most respected bicycle accident law firms in California.
- 30 years of experience
- Obtained more than $350 million in recoveries for bicycle and personal injury victims.
- An experienced bicycle accident attorney is available to discuss your case day and night, 24/7.
- We have proudly represented thousands of cyclists successfully and have obtained the highest five star reviews from our bicycle clients.
- An active member and supporter of bicycle coalitions and bicycle rights groups throughout California
- As aggressive lawyers, we settle cases and obtain top dollar for our clients in less time than other personal injury lawyers.
- We handle all kinds of bicycle cases, including driver inattention, drivers who fail to see bicyclists in their blind spots, dooring cases where car doors are opened in front of bicyclists and all other type of cycling accidents.
Bicycle Accident Compensation
If you are an injured cyclist, you may be eligible for financial compensation for your injuries. We help injured bicyclists recover compensation for:
- Medical bills: Serious injuries can occur in bicycle accidents, especially when cyclists are struck by motor vehicles. We can help you obtain compensation for any past or future medical bills.
- Lost wages: A bike rider may miss time from work after they’re injured in an accident, especially if they suffer catastrophic injuries. Whether you miss time from work due to being unable to work or having to visit doctors, we can obtain compensation for any wages you’re unable to earn.
- Lost earning capacity: Bicycle-related injuries can cause their victims to be unable to work at the job they used to, or unable to work at all, ever again. If you suffer a reduction or loss of earning capacity, we can help you obtain compensation for this.
- Pain and suffering: Most bicycle accidents lead to physical pain and mental suffering, and we can help you obtain financial compensation for this.
- Wrongful death: Unfortunately, many bicycle accidents lead to bike accident deaths. While we cannot bring back your loved one, we can help you avoid financial distress by obtaining compensation for your loved one’s income, your loved one’s medical bills, funeral expenses, burial expenses, your loved one’s love and companionship, any pain and suffering your loved one experienced before dying, and more.
Seeking Legal Help
When accidents result in personal injury, find a bicycle lawyer. You will need the help of a legal advisor who can work with you to protect your health and recovery. Your attorney will explain all of your options and secure the best recovery for you. A lawyer is crucial to navigating the obstacles that stand in the way of your receiving compensation in a personal injury lawsuit.
Does Nadrich & Cohen Handle Bicycle Accident Cases?
We have handled bicycle accident cases for the past 25 years. We handle bicycle accident cases throughout California. We have successfully handled over 500 bicycle accident cases to conclusion. Our bicycle accident attorneys are experts in California bike law. We charge a contingency fee so we don’t charge injured cyclists unless we obtain a recovery.
I Was Hit By A Car While Riding A Bike – Should I Hire A Lawyer?
You should always hire a lawyer if you were riding a bicycle and get hit by a car. We will stage and frame your bicycle crash claim correctly from the very beginning. We will deal solely with the insurance companies for you. As a result they will pay us much more, because we are experts, than they would you. You can call us for a free consultation to discuss your legal options and filing a bicycle accident lawsuit.
What Is The Average Bicycle Accident Settlement Amount?
The average bicycle settlement is more than $25,000 and can be much greater if you have suffered a bicycle accident injury such as a fracture or surgery. The most important point to remember is that with Nadrich & Cohen we will leave no stone unturned and leave no penny on the table when we are settling claims involving bike accidents.
Why Do I Need Bicycle Lawyers?
You will never obtain the amount of compensation you deserve if you do not hire a bicycle injury law firm such as Nadrich & Cohen. The insurance company will otherwise attempt to manipulate you by settling your claim for the smallest amount which is much less than we can obtain for you.
The insurance company will take advantage of you if you try to handle the claim yourself. They know you will never go into litigation, nor have independent doctors. You will most likely allow them to examine you by their doctors, and ultimately, they will offer you a minimal settlement. Do not let this happen to you or a loved one. They won’t offer you what you deserve unless you make them, the only way to make them is to sue them, and they know you can’t win a lawsuit without a lawyer, so they know they don’t have to pay you what you deserve if you don’t have a lawyer.
In addition, insurance adjusters are experts into tricking bicycle accident victims into saying things that imply their own fault for a bicycle accident, or that imply that the injuries caused by their bike crash aren’t as severe as they claim. It’s dangerous for you to talk with the other party’s insurance company. You need experienced bicycle attorneys to talk to insurance companies for you.
If you or your loved one was in a bicycle accident immediately contact Nadrich & Cohen Accident Injury Lawyers. We will provide you a free bicycle accident case evaluation and we will never charge you, no matter what, unless we first obtain a recovery from the insurance company. You will never be under any obligation. We will never make you feel uncomfortable or intimidated.
Remember, you never pay anything unless and until we collect a recovery from the insurance company.
What To Do After A Bicycle Accident
These few basic steps will help you deal with the after-effects of an accident:
- Get medical attention
- Take pictures of your injuries
- Take pictures of the accident scene and property damage, if possible
- Contact a personal injury attorney
- Let your attorney handle all communication with the insurance companies.
If claims are filed against another party for reasons of fault or negligence, it is important for you to follow these guidelines. You will want to refrain from saying or doing anything that can compromise your claim.
First, you must seek medical treatment for your bicycle accident injuries. Remember always to follow the instructions from your doctor. Do not make the assumption that, in spite of what the doctor says, you feel capable of getting back to work or engaging in any strenuous activity. If the doctor tells you to stay away from specific activities, do as he or she says.
Document Your Injuries
If you can, photograph your injuries with a camera, cell phone or tablet. Also, keep track of all records of your treatment such as doctor’s instructions, prescriptions, reports from emergency personnel, etc. Any of these documents may hold a piece of crucial evidence for your case. Inform your lawyer of all treatment updates throughout your recovery.
Document The Accident
If possible, photograph the scene of the bike accident. Try to take photos of the dangerous condition that caused the accident, roadway debris and/or the general, physical condition of the accident site.
How Bicyclists Can Protect Themselves
Here are some bicycle safety tips for bicyclists in California who wish to protect themselves:
- Follow the law
- Ride with the flow of traffic
- Wear a helmet and helmet cam if possible
- Wear bright colored clothing
- Mount flashing lights on your bikes and use them all the time at night
- Get a bicycle and/or uninsured motorist coverage under your automobile policy so you’re protected if a car hits you while you are riding your bicycle.
- Maintain your bike in excellent repair
- If you are in an accident, obtain immediate medical treatment.
- File a police report
- Retain a bike accident attorney
Oftentimes, we see instances where the police mistakenly cite our clients as the at-fault party for riding on sidewalks or without a helmet. This is incorrect and prejudicial. We will keep the police officer’s opinion inadmissible as evidence in court.
Common Causes of Bicycle Accidents
The following are some of the most common causes of bicycle accidents:
- Automotive hit and run accidents
- Bicyclist being crowded off the road
- Failure of the motor vehicle to come to a complete stop at an intersection
- Hitting potholes and roadway debris
- Car doors being suddenly opened in the path of bicyclist
- Poor street lighting
- Unsafe guard rails on curves
- Drunk drivers
- Distracted Drivers
Is There A Time Limit To File A Bicycle Accident Lawsuit?
There is a time limit to file bicycle accident lawsuits in California. This time limit in most cases is two years from the date of the accident. This time limit is known as a statute of limitations.
However, if your case involves a government entity, that time limit is reduced to six months. An example of a case involving a government entity would be a bicycle accident caused by a pothole.
It can take a long time to build a convincing bicycle accident case. For this reason, if you want to recover the maximum compensation possible for your injuries, it’s best for you to call us today for a free consultation so we have as much time as possible to build your case and make sure any deadlines are met.
What If I Was Partially At Fault For My Bicycle Accident?
We can still help you obtain financial compensation for your injuries even if you were partially at fault for your bike accident. California is a pure comparative negligence state, which means that if you are found 30 percent at fault for your accident, the damages you are eligible to recover are simply reduced by 30 percent.
Call us today for a free consultation if you were injured in a bicycle accident that you were partially at fault for. We can help reduce the amount of fault attributed to you and help you obtain financial compensation for your injuries.
California Bicycle Accident Attorney
If you have been injured in a bicycle accident where you were not at fault, you may be overwhelmed by the challenges ahead. Thankfully, you do not have to face them alone. The bike accident attorneys at Nadrich & Cohen help accident victims obtain the best recovery.
Call us today for a free consultation, text us from this page or complete the contact form on the right. We will promptly respond and advise you of your legal options.