Train Crash Attorneys
California Train Crash Attorneys
Train accidents frequently cause serious injury and even death. The legal team of Nadrich & Cohen Accident Injury Lawyers has handled all types of train crash cases including train collisions, defective lines, derailments, distracted train operator, defective crossing guards, and engineer error.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a train crash, contact Nadrich & Cohen Accident Injury Lawyers now for a free, confidential consultation. Let our experienced attorneys advise you of your legal rights and legal options. We always look for all possible defendants who may be responsible for an accident in order to maximize our client’s recovery.
To discuss your case, call us now 1-800-718-4658 at for a free consultation.
Railroad Crossing Accidents
In the most recent year for which figures are available, 14 train passengers died from injuries caused by a train accident. However, over 900 fatalities involved auto accidents at railroad crossings or pedestrians who were struck by a train.
During the day, 75% of all car and train collisions involve the train hitting the car. It’s different after nightfall when 50% of all railroad crossing accidents involve the car crashing into the train. Night time accidents are typically caused by an inadequately marked crossing. The US Department of Transportation notes that 80% of railroad crossings are inadequately marked.
Most accidents involving a train and an automobile at a railroad crossing are caused not by human error but by inadequate warning signs and signals, or by defective barrier/guardrail equipment. A motorist injured by a train, whether at a railroad crossing or anywhere else on or off the train, may be able to make a claim for his or her injuries.
Train Accident Recoveries
Financial compensation can obviously never fully compensate someone for the trauma experienced when you’re in a train accident or lose a loved one to one. However, a financial recovery can help ease your suffering and help pay for any living needs or services.
The damages available in a train accident claim will vary based upon the circumstances of the accident. If you or a loved one were in a train wreck, you may be able to recover the following:
- Bills for medical care, home healthcare and medical monitoring
- Loss of wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Property damage
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Wrongful death
- Life care
Who Can I Obtain A Financial Recovery From?
Every train accident is different and your train accident may have one or several responsible parties. Parties who may be held liable for your train accident injuries include:
- The owner and operator of the train
- The driver of a motor vehicle
- The owner of the train tracks
- The manufacturer of train or signal equipment
What Should I Do After A Train Accident?
The steps you take after your train accident can determine the outcome of your train crash claim. You should do the following after a train wreck:
- Document what occurred, including weather conditions, accident location and if the brakes were applied before the accident
- Take pictures of the accident scene
- Get the contact information of witnesses
- Get medical treatment immediately and do whatever your doctor tells you to
- Don’t talk to insurance companies; leave that to an experienced train accident lawyer instead so you don’t accidentally say something the insurance companies can use to pay you less
- Don’t use social media until your case is over
- Contact the California train accident lawyers at Nadrich & Cohen for a free consultation
How Do I Find Out If I Can Make A Train Accident Claim?
That’s easy, call the train accident lawyers at Nadrich & Cohen Accident Injury Lawyers for a free and confidential consultation. Don’t delay as there are strict time limitations for making a train crash or railroad crossing claim. Contact us now by using the live chat feature, completing the contact form on this page or call us at 1-800-718-4658 to learn more about making a train accident claim.