Nadrich & Cohen is representing those who have developed thrombocytopenia after taking acetaminophen, the active ingredient in Tylenol.
Acetaminophen has been linked by multiple scientific and medical journals to thrombocytopenia, or a low platelet count in the blood. Serious complications can result from thrombocytopenia, including internal bleeding and death.
Our thrombocytopenia lawyers will represent you on a contingency fee basis. This means that we will not charge you any fee to represent you in connection with your acetaminophen-induced thrombocytopenia until and unless we obtain financial compensation for you.
We have been representing victims of dangerous drugs like Ozempic Weight Loss, EzriCare Artificial Tears and Tepezza since 1990. We have recovered over $350,000,000 on behalf of our clients. We have obtained recoveries of $14,250,000 and $5,000,000 for victims of dangerous drugs. We know all of the ins and outs of defective drug law. You have the best chance of obtaining the most compensation for your injuries by hiring us because of our vast experience in handling drug injury cases.
Call us today for a free consultation, text us from this page or fill out the free case evaluation form on this page if you or a loved one developed thrombocytopenia after taking acetaminophen. You may qualify for financial compensation in a Tylenol thrombocytopenia lawsuit.
Compensation For Tylenol-Induced Thrombocytopenia
If you or a loved one developed thrombocytopenia after taking acetaminophen, you may be eligible for financial compensation for:
You are probably facing large medical bills because of your thrombocytopenia. You may also require future medical treatment due to your thrombocytopenia. We can help you recover compensation for any past or future medical expenses connected with your thrombocytopenia.
Your thrombocytopenia may have caused you to have to miss time from work. It might have made you too sick to work. It might have caused you to have to attend medical treatments which you had to take time off from work to attend. Our thrombocytopenia attorneys can help you recover any wages you weren’t able to earn because of your condition.
Loss Of Earning Capacity
Your thrombocytopenia may have left you unable to ever work again, or unable to ever do the job you used to again. We can help you obtain compensation for any loss or reduction of your earning capacity caused by your thrombocytopenia.
Costs Of Disability
If your thrombocytopenia left you disabled, we can help you recover compensation for any costs related to your disability.
Pain And Suffering
Your thrombocytopenia may have caused you to experience physical pain and mental suffering, and we can help you obtain financial compensation for this pain and suffering.
Thrombocytopenia can cause catastrophic side effects, including internal bleeding and even death. If you lost a loved one to thrombocytopenia, we can’t bring them back for you. However, we can obtain financial compensation for you which can help prevent you from going through financial distress. You may qualify for compensation for your loved one’s medical bills, pain, suffering, funeral bills and burial bills. You might also be eligible for compensation for the loss of your loved one’s income, companionship, household services and love.
What Is Thrombocytopenia?
Thrombocytopenia is the condition that happens when your blood has too low of a platelet count. Platelets are small blood cells. The bone marrow makes them. When you get hurt, platelets seal the wound by sticking together and forming a plug. These plugs are known as blood clots.
A typical adult has between 150,000 and 450,000 platelets in each microliter of blood. When your platelet count is less than this, you might have difficulties stopping bleeding. Bleeding can happen from your skin, under your skin or in the inside of your body. You might not bleed badly until you have a very low platelet count.
Your life can be threatened by thrombocytopenia, as it can cause bleeding in the brain and serious bleeding.
What Are The Symptoms Of Thrombocytopenia?
Symptoms of thrombocytopenia include:
- Bleeding for a long time, even from a minor injury
- Petechiae, or flat, small red spots underneath your skin
- Purpura, or bleeding in the skin which causes spots which can be purple, red or brownish-yellow
- Bleeding from your gums
- Blood in your stool or urine
- Heavy menstrual bleeding
Acetaminophen And Thrombocytopenia
Acetaminophen has been linked by several medical and scientific journals to thrombocytopenia:
- A 1972 article in the New England Journal of Medicine found that a patient developed thrombocytopenia after taking acetaminophen. The article found that the patient had a circulating antibody to a metabolite of acetaminophen.
- A 1973 case report in Cleveland Clinic Quarterly described thrombocytopenic purpura which were associated with a patient taking acetaminophen.
- A 2001 study in Blood described two patients who developed thrombocytopenia after taking acetaminophen. The study noted that drug metabolites can cause thrombocytopenia.
- 2007 correspondence in Blood described a patient who developed multiple episodes of thrombocytopenia after taking acetaminophen. The authors found that the patient had been sensitized to acetaminophen glucuronide, a metabolite of the medication.
- A 2009 article in Hematology: The American Society of Hematology Education Program noted three reports which it said demonstrated “definite evidence” of acetaminophen causing thrombocytopenia, and four reports which it said demonstrated “probable evidence” of acetaminophen causing thrombocytopenia.
Manufacturers who make products which contain acetaminophen, such as Johnson & Johnson, CVS, Walgreens, Costco and Walmart, have not warned consumers about any risk of thrombocytopenia associated with their products.
Products Containing Acetaminophen
Hundreds of products contain acetaminophen, such as:
- Alka-Seltzer Plus
Why Hire Nadrich & Cohen?
- We have successfully represented hundreds of plaintiffs in cases involving drug-induced injuries
- We give personal attention to each and every one of our cases – we understand the financial, emotional and physical devastation you might be enduring and we will provide the guidance and support you need
- We possess the resources to take on pharmaceutical giants in court
- We have a long, well-established track record of winning cases in court
- We will represent you aggressively, using our extensive experience in dangerous drug trials to help you obtain the compensation you deserve and need
- We have successfully obtained countless settlements and victories for our clients
Do I Need A Thrombocytopenia Lawyer?
If you developed thrombocytopenia after taking acetaminophen, you may have a valid products liability lawsuit against the manufacturer of the drug you took.
Pharmaceutical giants like Johnson & Johnson, though, have the resources and power to put up a very strong defense against your claim. Johnson & Johnson reported $94.94 billion in revenue in 2022. They can afford very good lawyers.
You will need the assistance of an attorney to make a pharmaceutical giant treat your thrombocytopenia claim fairly. A lawyer with Nadrich & Cohen can negotiate with drugmakers for you, fighting tooth and nail to get you fair results which you focus on what’s important: recovering from your thrombocytopenia.
In addition, if you try to navigate a case without the assistance of an experienced drug injury attorney, this can hurt you in your battle for compensation. It can be complicated and difficult to determine how much your case is actually worth.
It is common for our clients to call us with questions about cases they’re trying to settle for themselves. They often tell us how much they’re trying to settle their cases for. They often tell us that an insurance company is pressuring them to accept an offer.
Once our lawyers get involved and investigate these cases, we often discover that the cases are worth far more than our clients thought they were, and we typically get defendants to settle out of court with our clients for the full value of our clients’ injuries.
Lawyers are experienced and have handled thousands of claims – unlike typical drug injury victims. A typical drug injury victim is at a severe disadvantage when they try to settle a case alone.
How Much Do Nadrich & Cohen Cost?
The only fee we will ever charge you is a percentage of whatever money we obtain for you. We won’t charge you a penny if we don’t obtain any money for you. That means that you won’t ever owe us any money out of pocket. That means that you won’t ever owe us an upfront fee. We don’t charge you until and unless we win your case.
Call us today for a free consultation if you or a loved one developed thrombocytopenia after taking acetaminophen. Let us handle the entire legal process for you and obtain for you the compensation you deserve while you focus on recovering from your thrombocytopenia.