Nadrich & Cohen is accepting clients who have experienced problems with Abbott Trifecta valves.
We do not charge a fee unless and until we recover compensation for our clients. The only fee we charge is a percentage of any money we recover. This fee is not charged until we make a recovery. You will not owe us an upfront fee or any money out of pocket.
We can recover compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain, suffering and more. We can also recover wrongful death damages if you lost a loved one.
We have been handling defective medical device cases for over 30 years. We have recovered over $350,000,000 for our clients in that time.
Don’t wait if you or a loved one had a problem with an Abbott Trifecta valve. Call our Trifecta valve attorneys today for a free consultation or text us from this page.. You may qualify for financial compensation.
Abbott Has Stopped Selling And Distributing Trifecta Valves
Abbott, on July 31, 2023, announced it would no longer sell or distribute Trifecta Valves in the United States, including the Trifecta Valve with Glide Technology (Trifecta GT) and the Trifecta Valve.
Has The FDA Warned About Abbott Trifecta Valves?
Abbott Trifecta valves are heart valve replacement devices. They treat malfunctioning, damaged or diseased aortic heart valves.
The FDA recently warned about a problem with the valves. They warned the valves may suffer from early structural valve deterioration (SVD).
Reports say some patients have needed their Trifecta valves replaced. Reports say some patients have required transcatheter valve-in-valve intervention. There are even some reports of death related to the problem.
The FDA warned that the Trifecta valves suffer from early SVD more often than other valves. The FDA defines early SVD as occurring within five years or less. Reports show a peak time to SVD of 3-4 years after implantation.
The FDA recommends that doctors watch patients with the valves. They recommend looking for symptoms and signs of SVD. They recommend patients see a doctor after experiencing fatigue or shortness of breath.
They recommend patients with the valves see a doctor once per year. They recommend a transthoracic echocardiogram valve assessment at least once per year.
What Financial Compensation Can I Recover?
You may be able to recover compensation if you had a problem with a Trifecta valve. Forms of compensation you may qualify for include:
- Medical bills: You may qualify for compensation for past or future medical bills. These would be bills related to the problem with the valve. For example, you may have needed to have the valve replaced. In this case, you could recover compensation for the cost of the replacement surgery.
- Lost wages: You may have missed time from work because of the valve problem. You might have been unable to work for a period of time. You may have had to miss work to attend medical appointments. You could qualify for compensation for any wages lost because of the valve issue.
- Loss of earning capacity: You may no longer be able to do the job you once did because of the valve problem. You may no longer be able to work at all. If this is the case, you can recover compensation. We can help you recover compensation for your lost earning capacity.
- Pain and suffering: Your heart valve problem may have caused you pain and suffering. For example, a replacement surgery can cause physical pain and mental suffering. You may be eligible for compensation for pain and suffering.
- Wrongful death: You may have lost a loved one due to a Trifecta valve experiencing early SVD. Financial compensation can’t replace your loved one. It can prevent you from going through financial hardship, though. You may qualify for compensation for your loved one’s wages or pain and suffering. You might be eligible for compensation for your loved one’s medical bills. You may be able to recover funeral and burial costs.
These are not the only forms of compensation you may qualify for. Call our Trifecta valve lawyers today so we can let you know what compensation you are eligible for. We can also let you know how much your case may be worth.
Is There An Abbott Trifecta Valve Recall?
The Abbott Trifecta Valve is not yet the subject of a recall. The FDA is evaluating the issue further with Abbott. They are working with Abbott to develop patient management strategies.
The FDA is monitoring adverse event reports and literature about the problem.
The FDA will let the public know about new recommendations or information.
Why Should I File An Abbott Trifecta Valve Lawsuit?
Devices like the Trifecta valves can people safe and healthy. These devices can be very dangerous when they are defective, though.
Defective medical devices may:
- Make your condition worse
- Lead to health complications
- Cause permanent disability or even death
It’s not your fault if a Trifecta valve injured you. Device makers have a duty to ensure their devices aren’t defective. You can suffer injuries when device makers don’t uphold this duty. You might end up owing money to medical providers because of your injuries.
You can only hold Abbott accountable by taking legal action. Filing a Trifecta valve lawsuit may allow you to recover compensation from Abbott. This compensation can help cover your medical costs and more.
How Can Nadrich & Cohen Help Me?
We can represent you, helping you assert your legal rights. We can perform a thorough case investigation. We work with medical researchers who have vast experience. We do this to keep you up to date about the newest and most precise info. Our lawyers are battle-tested. We can help you hold Abbott accountable for your injuries.
Medical device makers know about our reputation. We have a reputation for putting up a tenacious fight for our clients. Most of our cases settle outside of court. This is because device makers know we have a reputation of winning. They know it’s a waste of time and money to take us on in court.
We can perform strong, tough negotiations for you. If need be, we can provide a convincing case in court for you. We will do whatever it takes to protect your interests. We will do whatever it takes to recover fair, full compensation for your injuries.
How Do I Make An Abbott Trifecta Valve Claim?
A defective medical device claim can be very complicated. You’ll need to prove an injury occurred to prove your claim. You’ll need to prove your Trifecta Valve is is defective. You’ll need to prove your injury happened because of the defect.
Proving these things is complex, difficult and time-consuming. It is vital that you seek the help of experienced lawyers to help you with it. Our experienced attorneys will fight to protect your legal rights. We offer free consultations and have handled similar cases for decades.
Strict time limits exist for filing Abbott Trifecta Valve lawsuits. Don’t wait – call us today to get the justice and compensation you deserve.