Camp Lejeune’s water was contaminated with toxic chemicals between 1953 and 1987. These chemicals included perchloroethylene (PCE) and trichloroethylene (TCE). Those sickened by the contaminated water might be eligible to receive financial compensation from the U.S. government because of a new bill recently signed into law by President Biden.
This bill allows those injured by Camp Lejeune’s contaminated water to file legal claims to obtain financial compensation for illnesses caused by exposure to Camp Lejeune’s contaminated water. Continue reading to find out more about the symptoms of exposure to Camp Lejeune’s contaminated water.
What Cancers Have Been Linked to Camp Lejeune’s Water?
Camp Lejeune’s contaminated water has been associated with numerous symptoms and health effects, which have been documented by the National Research Council (NRC), a committee created by the Veteran’s Administration (VA), and Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR) studies.
These organizations have linked the chemicals in Camp Lejeune’s water with multiple types of cancer, including:
- Multiple myeloma
- Kidney cancer
- Breast cancer
- Bladder cancer
- Esophageal cancer
- Lung cancer
- Testicular cancer
- Liver cancer
- Mononuclear cell leukemia
- Non-Hodgkin lymphoma
- Hodgkin lymphoma
- Cervical cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Rectal cancer
If you or a loved one suffered any of the above cancers after being exposed to Camp Lejeune’s contaminated water, you may be eligible for financial compensation. We can discuss the merits of your case during a free consultation.
What Other Health Effects Have Been Linked to Camp Lejeune’s Water?
In addition to the cancers listed above, the NRC, VA committee, and ATSDR cite numerous other health effects and symptoms that have been linked to Camp Lejeune’s water, including:
- Neurobehavioral effects
- Female infertility
- Renal toxicity
- Hepatic steatosis (fatty liver)
- Myelodysplastic syndromes
- Immune system effects
- Adverse changes in nervous system measurements
- Adverse effects on offspring
- Effects on male fertility
- Liver toxicity
- Kidney toxicity
- Immunologic effects
- Parkinson’s disease
- Infant neural tube defects
- Bipolar disorder
- Vision deficits in color discrimination and contrast sensitivity
- Reduced mean birth weight
- Term low birth weight
- Small for gestational age infants
- Preterm birth
- Kidney disease
If you or someone you love developed any of the above health problems after being exposed to Camp Lejeune’s contaminated water, we may be able to help you with your claim.
What Can I Be Compensated for in a Camp Lejeune Claim?
Nadrich & Cohen is filing claims on behalf of those sickened by the contaminated water at Camp Lejeune. We can help you obtain financial compensation for:
- Medical bills: We can help you get compensated for any medical bills you have already incurred due to sickness caused by contaminated water. Your illness may also necessitate long-term medical care, perhaps for life. We can help you obtain financial compensation for any future medical bills it can be reasonably estimated you will incur due to any illness caused by Camp Lejeune’s water.
- Lost wages: You may have missed time from work due to illness caused by Camp Lejeune’s water. We can help you obtain compensation for any wages you lost because you were unable to work.
- Loss of earning capacity: Your illness may have caused you to be permanently unable to work or unable to do the job you did before you became sick. We can help you obtain financial compensation for any loss of earning capacity caused by sickness which was caused by Camp Lejeune’s water.
- Pain and suffering: We can help you obtain financial compensation for any physical pain and mental suffering you have experienced as a result of your illness which was caused by Camp Lejeune’s water.
- Wrongful death: If you lost a loved one due to illness caused by Camp Lejeune’s water, we can help you obtain wrongful death compensation for your loved one’s loss. This compensation can include compensation for lost financial support, lost benefits of a relationship, lost love, care, affection, and more.
How Do I File a Camp Lejeune Claim?
Claims that are now allowed by the bill that President Biden recently signed into law are required to provide evidence to substantiate the claims. This evidence must either prove that illness was caused by Camp Lejeune’s water or that illness was at least as likely to have been caused by Camp Lejeune’s water as not.
You may be facing huge medical bills that you haven’t paid yet, and you may also be facing a lifetime of huge medical bills in the future due to long-term care needs. The stakes are very high, so you can’t afford to err at this stage. You should have experienced toxic exposure lawyers like Nadrich & Cohen file a claim for you.
Contact Nadrich & Cohen Today to Begin Your Claim
Nadrich & Cohen have been representing victims of exposure to toxic chemicals since 1990. We have recovered over $350,000,000 on behalf of our clients in that time. We are experts at collecting evidence and presenting that evidence in a logical manner that proves that our clients’ illnesses were caused by exposure to toxic chemicals.
We don’t charge a fee until and unless we obtain financial compensation for you. The only fee you’ll ever owe us is a portion of any recovery we obtain for you, and you won’t owe this fee if we don’t obtain money for you. You will never owe us anything out of pocket, and you will never be charged an upfront fee.
Call us, text us from this page, or contact us online today for a free consultation if you or a loved one became ill after being exposed to Camp Lejeune’s contaminated water. You may qualify for financial compensation, and we can file a Camp Lejuene claim for you.