Fresno Slip And Fall Lawyer
The aggressive, experienced slip and fall attorneys at Nadrich & Cohen Accident Injury Lawyers have been handling slip and fall cases since 1990, having recovered over $350,000,000 on behalf of personal injury clients in that time. We can obtain financial compensation for your medical bills, lost wages and more if you were injured in a slip and fall accident in Fresno.
We offer our clients a no fee promise, meaning our services are free unless we obtain a recovery for you.
Call us now at (559) 241-0411 for a free consultation if you or a loved one was injured in a slip and fall accident in Fresno. You may be eligible for financial compensation. You can also fill out the “Do I Have A Case” form on the right, email us at email@example.com or talk with our live chat.
Premises Liability Law In California
Slip and fall accidents fall under the area of law known as premises liability. The essential factual elements needed to establish a premises liability claim in California are established by CACI No. 1000. It states the following must be proven to establish a premises liability claim:
- The defendant owned, leased, occupied or controlled the property
- The defendant negligently used or maintained the property
- The plaintiff was harmed
- The defendant’s negligence substantially caused harm to the plaintiff
Negligence, in terms of premises liability claims, is established by CACI No. 1001 in California. It defines negligence in terms of premises liability as failing to use reasonable care to keep one’s property in a reasonably safe condition. It states that people who own, lease, occupy or control property need to use reasonable care to find and repair, replace or warn about unsafe conditions which can reasonably be expected to harm others. It mentions many factors which can be considered when determining if a defendant used reasonable care, including:
- Property location
- Likelihood of someone entering property like the plaintiff did
- Likelihood of harm
- Probable seriousness of harm
- If the defendant knew or should have known about the unsafe condition
- How difficult it is to protect against the risk of harm
- The extent of the defendant’s control over the unsafe condition
Slip and fall accidents are often the result of an unsafe condition. CACI No. 1003 Unsafe Conditions states that a defendant is negligent in the maintenance or use of their property if:
- An unsafe condition existed on the property
- The defendant knew or should have known about the unsafe condition
- The defendant failed to fix the unsafe condition, protect against the condition harming others or warn about the condition
We can obtain a slip and fall accident recovery for you by proving that your slip and fall accident was the result of an unsafe condition and someone else’s negligence.
Do I Need A Slip And Fall Lawyer?
You need an experienced slip and fall lawyer if you want to be fairly compensated for your injuries.
Your primary opponents in terms of obtaining a slip and fall recovery are the insurance adjusters representing the property your accident happened on. Insurance adjusters have only their company’s profits in mind when they present you with an offer. They will not respect you if you don’t have a lawyer, so they won’t offer you a fair settlement if you don’t have a lawyer. They will offer you a fraction of what you are entitled to and dare you to take them to court, since they know you won’t be able to win in court without a lawyer.
To make things worse, those same adjusters are experts at manipulating you into accidentally incriminating yourself in terms of your own fault for a slip and fall accident, even if it wasn’t your fault! It is very dangerous for you to talk to the insurance adjusters for this reason. Luckily, the experienced Fresno slip and fall lawyers at Nadrich & Cohen are here to help. We’ll deal with the insurance companies for you so all you need to do is recover from your injuries.
Slip And Fall Accident Damages
There are many types of damages which can be compensated in a slip and fall lawsuit, including:
- Medical bills
- Loss of wages
- Physical therapy
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Pain and suffering, both physical and mental
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Permanent disability
- Loss of companionship
Slip And Fall Accident Statistics
- Slip and fall accidents are the primary occupational cause of lost days from work, the leading cause of worker’s compensation claims and the leading cause of occupational injury in people aged 55 years old or older.
- Slips, trips and falls cause almost 700 fatalities per year in the workplace.
- Falls are the leading cause of fatal injury in older adults.
- 26 percent of workplace injuries and illnesses were the result of falls, slips and trips in 2017.
- Falls, slips and trips without a fall were one of the three leading causes of work-related injuries which needed to be treated in an emergency room in 2018
- Over 25 percent of fall-related injuries led to 31 or more days of work being lost, costing U.S. economies almost $10 billion per year, from 1999 through 2001.
Slip And Fall Accident Lawsuits
Our seasoned Fresno slip and fall lawyers have a track record of obtaining six and seven figure recoveries for fall victims. We also have a database of the best doctors in the Fresno area who can treat your injuries on a lien, meaning they won’t charge you until your case is over.
We only charge a percentage of your recovery as our fee. You will not be charged a fee if we don’t obtain a recovery for you.
Call us now at (559) 241-0411 if you or a loved one was injured in a slip and fall accident in Fresno. You might be eligible for a financial recovery.