Highway 99, a major trucking route which was named the most dangerous highway in America in 2018, runs straight through Fresno, CA. Truck accidents can be especially severe when compared with other traffic accidents because heavy trucks can generate tremendous forces in collisions. Unfortunately truck accidents are common due to factors suck as truck driver fatigue and overloaded trucks. The severity of the average truck accident means it’s vital that you retain the services of an experienced Fresno truck accident attorney who can make sure you’re compensated fairly for your possibly severe injuries.
If you are a truck accident victim, you may be injured, unable to work, facing huge medical bills and unable to pay those bills since you can’t work. This is exactly the kind of situation Nadrich & Cohen is experienced in helping people with. Our Fresno truck accident lawyers can help you recover compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain, suffering, property damage, wrongful death and more.
Common truck accident injuries include traumatic brain injuries and spinal cord injuries, and some of these injuries can be very expensive to treat. If you can’t afford medical treatment for your truck accident injuries, we can get you to the finest doctors in Central California who won’t charge you to treat you until your case is over. Doctors do this for clients of Nadrich & Cohen because doctors know Nadrich & Cohen have been getting clients great results for over three decades.
We don’t charge those injured in Fresno truck accidents any fee to represent them until and unless we recover compensation for them. This means that the only fee you will ever owe us is a percentage of whatever money we recover for you. No recovery, no fee. No upfront fees and no out-of-pocket fees. There is no risk for you to call us today for a free case evaluation.
Call our Fresno personal injury lawyer now for a free consultation if you or a loved one was injured or killed in a truck accident in Fresno which was the fault of a truck driver or trucking company. You may be entitled to financial compensation. You can also text us from this page or complete the contact form on this page to request a free consultation.
Compensation Available In A Truck Accident Claim Against A Truck Driver Or Trucking Company
If you have been injured in a truck accident in Fresno, an experienced truck accident lawyer at Nadrich & Cohen can help you recover compensation for:
You’re probably already facing medical bills if you’ve been hurt in a commercial truck accident in Fresno. Large truck accidents also often cause severe injuries, so you may need future treatment for your injuries which will generate even more bills. Our personal injury law firm can help you recover compensation for any past or future medical expenses related to your truck accident.
Nadrich & Cohen Accident Injury Lawyers
Fresno, CA 93703
If you were struck by a large truck while in a smaller passenger vehicle, you may have been hurt so badly you can’t work for a period of time, or had to take time off from work in order to have injuries treated. When we handle commercial truck accident claims, we help injury victims recover compensation for any wages they’re unable to earn due to their accidents.
Loss Of Earning Capacity
If you’ve been hurt in a car accident involving a large truck, you may have suffered very serious injuries which caused you to be unable to work again or unable to again work in the same field. When our experienced truck accident attorneys handle your truck accident case, we can help you recover compensation for any loss or reduction of earning capacity caused by your truck accident.
Pain And Suffering
You may have suffered catastrophic injuries in your truck crash, leading to tremendous amounts of physical pain and mental suffering. By filing a truck accident claim or truck accident litigation, we can help you recover compensation for any pain and suffering caused by your accident.
If you have lost a loved one to a large truck accident, we can file a wrongful death claim on your behalf. We can seek compensation for your emotional suffering, as well as your loved one’s medical bills, pain and suffering, burial costs and funeral costs. We can also seek compensation for the loss of your loved one’s companionship, love, household services and income.
Punitive damages are not awarded after all car accidents involving large trucks. However, if your claim involves a driver who was driving recklessly or driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, we may be able to obtain punitive damages on your behalf which will increase the size of your settlement or award.
How Much Is My Case Worth?
A lot of factors determine the value of your case, including:
- The severity and extent of your injuries
- The pain and suffering experienced due to your injuries
- The imposition and impact your injuries have upon your life
- Your recovery’s long-term outlook
- Any emotional consequences you suffer because of your truck accident and injuries
- Any work you miss because of your injuries
- If you have permanent injuries
- If your earning capacity was reduced by your injuries
- If conduct by a defendant was sufficiently egregious to deserve punitive damages
What To Do After A Truck Accident
If you are in a trucking accident, the following steps will help to protect your right to compensation:
- Immediately seek medical attention: It’s common for truck accident victims to not realize they are injured for days or even weeks after an accident. Some injuries don’t show themselves immediately and adrenaline at the scene of an accident can mask pain. It is vital to seek medical attention as soon as possible after an accident because the longer you wait to do so, the more difficult it is to prove that your injuries resulted from your accident. Insurance companies can simply argue your injuries may have been caused by something other than your accident if you wait too long to seek treatment.
- Report the collision to the police: California Vehicle Code section 20008 states that any collision which involves an injury or death must be reported to the CHP or police within 10 days. However, this isn’t the only reason to report it to the police. Police reports can be crucial in some cases in terms of helping us obtain you the largest possible recovery for your injuries. You can often obtain a larger recovery because the police report includes charges against the other driver such as drunk driving or violating other traffic laws.
- Keep talking to a minimum: Talk as little as possible with other people at the accident scene. You don’t want to accidentally incriminate yourself, implying your own fault in the accident.
- Do NOT talk to other parties’ insurance adjusters: These adjusters are trained experts at manipulating you into saying things that imply your own fault in an accident so they don’t have to pay you as much money.
- Do NOT accept an insurance company’s first offer: This offer will not be fair if you don’t have a lawyer by your side, because the insurance company will not respect you if you don’t have a lawyer by your side.
- Get witnesses’ contact info: These witnesses may be able to help you maximize your recovery. Get their names, phone numbers, addresses and email addresses. Again, keep conversation as light as possible.
- Take photos: Take pictures of the scene and every vehicle from numerous angles, even if the police are also taking photos. The pictures may still help you obtain a larger recovery.
- Contact an experienced truck accident law firm: An experienced truck accident law firm like Nadrich & Cohen can deal with insurance companies for you so you don’t have to risk incriminating yourself. You can just sit back and focus on recovering from your injuries while we do all the work for you. Insurance companies will offer you fair compensation for your injuries with us by your side because insurance companies respect and fear us, since we’ve been successfully handling truck accident cases for over 30 years.
Proving Cases Involving Truck Accidents In California
We can obtain a truck accident recovery for you by proving that your truck accident occurred due to someone else’s negligence.
Negligence is defined by CACI No. 401 as the failure to use reasonable care in order to prevent harm. The instructions state that acting and failing to act can both be negligent. One should do as a reasonably careful person would and one should not do what a reasonably careful person wouldn’t.
Truck drivers in California are liable for the damages they cause by being negligent.
Our investigators and attorneys will thoroughly examine the site of the accident in search of evidence such as debris or tire marks, take measurements and more. We will make sure log books are examined and preserved since these can often show that trucking operations violated federal laws. We will make sure we obtain the black box and GPS data, which can show the driving inputs which were applied by the truck driver prior to the collision.
We have built up a sizable database of only the finest roadway design experts and accident reconstruction experts in California over our many decades of experience. These experts are the best in the business at proving that your accident happened due to another driver’s negligence.
Most of the time, when we handle a truck accident injury claim, it is settled before it goes to trial because the insurance companies know our lawyers and experts will ensure they honor their insurance contracts in court, so they don’t even bother to go to court because they know they’ll just be wasting costly legal resources.
Common Truck Accident Causes
Nadrich & Cohen has been successfully resolving truck accident cases since 1990. We seek to not long establish truck drivers’ negligence, but also identify as many other factors as possible which might have contributed to truck accidents. By identifying all the factors behind a truck accident, we can maximize the size of your recovery.
We work with experts in the trucking industry, accident reconstruction experts, as well as highway safety engineers in order to investigate your case and discover evidence that negligence occurred, such as:
- Drug or alcohol use
- Reckless driving or speeding
- Excessive service hours or driver fatigue
- Unsafe driving considering weather conditions, grade or visibility
- Falsified maintenance records, inspection logs or driver’s logs
- Moving violations like improper lane changes or tailgating
- Other distractions, like using smartphones while driving
Common truck accident causes include:
Failure Of Brakes
Trucking companies and truck drivers have to make sure their trucks work properly. A failure to do this can cause serious mechanical failure. A truck already needs a lot of road to completely stop even in ideal circumstances, so when brakes fail, catastrophic accidents can be the result.
Jackknifes can occur for many reasons, such as failure of equipment, negligent drivers, bad weather, bad roadway conditions and more. Jackknife accidents can be especially dangerous because they can lead to secondary collisions.
Truck Drivers Using Cellphones
It is dangerous to operate a smartphone while driving no matter what type of vehicle you are driving. However, it’s especially dangerous to use a smartphone while driving a heavy truck, since heavy trucks generate massive forces upon impact. The FMCSA found that truck drivers are 600 percent more likely to be involved in safety-critical events when they drive while distracted by their phone.
It’s important to regularly inspect truck tires to make sure they work properly. Truck tires are designed to stay in working order for years. However, only a single failure can lead to a severe accident. Common tire issues include wear and tear, underinflation and overinflation. Tires can also burst due to bad roadway conditions or overloaded trucks.
Is There A Time Limit To File A Truck Accident Claim In California?
Important exceptions to the statute exist, though. One major one is that the time limit is reduced to six months when government entities are defendants. Thus, if your accident was partially caused by a dangerous roadway condition which is the fault of a government entity, you only have six months from the accident date to file a claim.
It can take a long time to investigate and put together a convincing truck accident case. Don’t hesitate – call us today for a free consultation so we can get started on your case right away. This gives us the most time possible to build a strong truck accident case and ensure any paperwork is filed on time.
Fresno Truck Accident Lawyer
Nadrich & Cohen has been successfully handling truck accident claims against truck drivers and trucking companies since 1990, having recovered over $400,000,000 on behalf of personal injury clients in that time. You do not pay unless we win. That is our no fee promise.
Call an experienced truck accident attorney at Nadrich & Cohen today if you or a loved one was injured or killed in a trucking accident in Fresno. You may be eligible for a financial recovery.