Fresno Truck Accident Lawyer
Highway 99, a major trucking route which was named the most dangerous highway in America in 2018, runs straight through Fresno, CA. Truck accidents can be especially severe when compared with other traffic accidents because heavy trucks can generate tremendous forces in collisions. The severity of the average truck accident means it’s vital that you retain the services of an experienced truck accident lawyer who can make sure you’re compensated fairly for your possibly severe injuries.
Call us now at (559) 241-0411 for a free consultation if you or a loved one was injured or killed in a truck accident in Fresno. You may be entitled to financial compensation. You can also use the live chat feature or complete the contact form on this page to request a free consultation.
What To Do After A Truck Accident
If you are in a trucking accident, the following steps will help to protect your right to compensation.
- Immediately seek medical attention: It’s common to not realize you’re injured for days or even weeks after an accident. Some injuries don’t show themselves immediately and adrenaline at the scene of an accident can mask pain. It is vital to seek medical attention as soon as possible after an accident because the longer you wait to do so, the more difficult it is to prove that your injuries resulted from your accident. Insurance companies can simply argue your injuries may have been caused by something other than your accident if you wait too long to seek treatment.
- Report the collision to the police: California Vehicle Code section 20008 states that any collision which involves an injury or death must be reported to the CHP or police within 10 days. However, this isn’t the only reason to report it to the police. Police reports can be crucial in some cases in terms of helping us obtain you the largest possible recovery for your injuries. You can often obtain a larger recovery because the police report includes charges against the other driver such as drunk driving or violating other traffic laws.
- Keep talking to a minimum: Talk as little as possible with other people at the accident scene. You don’t want to accidentally incriminate yourself, implying your own fault in the accident.
- Do NOT talk to other parties’ insurance adjusters: These adjusters are trained experts at manipulating you into saying things that imply your own fault in an accident so they don’t have to pay you as much money.
- Do NOT accept an insurance company’s first offer: This offer will not be fair if you don’t have a lawyer by your side, because the insurance company will not respect you if you don’t have a lawyer by your side.
- Get witnesses’ contact info: These witnesses may be able to help you maximize your recovery. Get their names, phone numbers, addresses and email addresses. Again, keep conversation as light as possible.
- Take photos: Take pictures of the scene and every vehicle from numerous angles, even if the police are also taking photos. The pictures may still help you obtain a larger recovery.
- Contact an experienced truck accident law firm: An experienced truck accident law firm like Nadrich & Cohen can deal with insurance companies for you so you don’t have to risk incriminating yourself. You can just sit back and focus on recovering from your injuries while we do all the work for you. Insurance companies will offer you fair compensation for your injuries with us by your side because insurance companies respect and fear us.
Proving A Truck Accident Injury Case In California
We can obtain a truck accident recovery for you by proving that your truck accident occurred due to someone else’s negligence.
Negligence is defined by CACI No. 401 as the failure to use reasonable care in order to prevent harm. The instructions state that acting and failing to act can both be negligent. One should do as a reasonably careful person would and one should not do what a reasonably careful person wouldn’t.
A driver in California is liable for the damages they cause by being negligent.
Our investigators and attorneys will thoroughly examine the site of the accident in search of evidence such as debris or tire marks, take measurements and more. We will make sure log books are examined and preserved since these can often show that trucking operations violated federal laws. We will make sure we obtain the black box and GPS data, which can show the driving inputs which were applied by the truck driver prior to the collision.
We have built up a sizable database of only the finest roadway design experts and accident reconstruction experts in California over our many decades of experience. These experts are the best in the business at proving that your accident happened due to another driver’s negligence.
Most of our cases are settled before they go to trial because the insurance companies know our lawyers and experts will ensure they honor their insurance contracts in court, so they don’t even bother to go to court because they know they’ll just be wasting costly legal resources.
Fresno Trusted Trucking Accident Attorneys
Nadrich & Cohen Accident Injury Lawyers has been successfully handling truck accident cases since 1990, having recovered over $350,000,000 on behalf of personal injury clients in that time. You do not pay unless we win. That is our No Fee Promise.
Call us today at (559) 241-0411 if you or a loved one was injured or killed in a trucking accident in Fresno. You may be eligible for a financial recovery.