Nadrich & Cohen is actively representing those who have developed hepatitis A infections after consuming strawberries which were recalled in March 2023.
The recalled products include:
- Kirkland Signature Frozen Organic Whole Strawberries
- Simply Nature Organic Strawberries
- Vital Choice Organic Strawberries
- Kirkland Signature Organic Strawberries
- Made With Organic Strawberries
- PCC Community Markets Organic Strawberries
- Trader Joe’s Organic Tropical Fruit Blend
Nadrich & Cohen has represented victims of food poisoning since 1990. We have recovered over $350,000,000 on behalf of our clients. Our vast experience in handling food poisoning cases means we can obtain the largest possible recovery for you.
Call us today for a free consultation or text us from this page if you or a loved one developed hepatitis A after consuming any of the above products. You may also fill out the free case evaluation form on this page. We won’t charge you a fee to represent you until and unless we obtain a financial recovery for you.
What Compensation Is Available In A Hepatitis A Strawberry Lawsuit?
If you or a loved one developed hepatitis A after consuming recalled strawberries, you may be eligible for financial compensation for:
- Medical bills: You may qualify for compensation for any medical bills you have already incurred related to your hepatitis A diagnosis. You may also qualify for compensation for any future medical bills you can be expected to incur related to your hepatitis A diagnosis.
- Lost wages: Your hepatitis A may have left you too sick to work, or you may have had to miss time from work to attend medical treatments. You may qualify for any wages you were unable to earn due to your hepatitis A.
- Pain and suffering: Your hepatitis A may have caused you physical pain and mental suffering, and you may qualify for compensation for this pain and suffering.
What Should I Do If I Got Hepatitis A From Strawberries?
If you suspect you have developed hepatitis A after eating recalled strawberries, you should:
- Obtain immediate medical attention: The first thing you should do is get better. While the symptoms of hepatitis A typically last around eight weeks, less than 0.02 percent of people with hepatitis A die from it. While there is no specific treatment for the condition, a medical professional can advise you how to maintain comfort during the recovery process and make sure your nutritional balance is preserved.
- Preserve the leftover strawberries: Make sure you preserve and isolate the strawberries you consumed so they can be lab-tested for the presence of hepatitis A. You should also preserve the packaging the product came in, including its bar code, as this can aid in tracing the product.
- Preserve your proof of purchase: If you can, preserve your receipt or your credit card records. This can prove where and when you bought the strawberries.
- Call your local health department: You should file a report with your local or county health department. This could let you know about similar incidents to yours, and may also lead to the department starting an investigation.
- Keep records of your losses: Keep receipts of tests, doctor visits, insurance statements, credit card bills and medication purchases. Document all of the days you miss from work due to your hepatitis A, as well as any wages you lose.
- Call Nadrich & Cohen: A food poisoning lawyer at Nadrich & Cohen can assist you with filing a claim against those responsible for your hepatitis A and ensure you receive adequate compensation for your losses and suffering.
Hepatitis A Symptoms
The symptoms of hepatitis A, according to the CDC, include:
- Lack of hunger
- Yellow eyes or skin
- Upset stomach
- Pain in the stomach
- Light-colored stools
- Dark urine
- Pain in the joints
You should seek immediate medical assistance if you think you may have been exposed to hepatitis A.
Is There A Time Limit To File A Strawberry Recall Lawsuit?
Food poisoning cases are classified as personal injury cases in California. In California, the statute of limitations is two years after the date of the injury. This means you have two years from when you ate the strawberries that caused your hepatitis A to file a lawsuit.
It takes a considerable amount of time to build a convincing case in a personal injury lawsuit. You should not expect great results if you wait until the very last minute to start putting together a case. Because of this, you should call us today for a free consultation if you or a loved one developed hepatitis A after eating recalled strawberries. Calling us today gives us as much time as possible to put together a convincing case for you and ensure it is filed on time.
How Much Do Nadrich & Cohen Cost?
You will never owe us any money out of your own pocket for us to represent you. That’s because we don’t charge a fee until and unless we win your case, and the only fee we charge is a percentage of any financial recovery we obtain for you.
How Will I Know The Status Of My Case?
At Nadrich & Cohen, we take pride in keeping in constant contact with clients. From the moment you get a hold of us, our staff and attorneys will be available at any time to update you on your case status. We encourage you to contact the lawyer, paralegal or assistant who is working on your case whenever you have a question.
Why Hire Nadrich & Cohen?
We have over three decades of experience in the field of food safety. We have successfully handled countless food poisoning cases. We have the resources and skill to handle your food poisoning case.
We can provide you with:
- A free consultation where we perform a case analysis and give you advice
- Guidance regarding what questions you should ask doctors and what medical tests you should request
- Assistance with interacting with health departments, to ensure you receive concrete, clear answers
- A scientific, methodical approach to assessing your case and collecting evidence
- Personal attention from attorneys who care about the well-being of you and your family
If you have contracted hepatitis A from frozen strawberries, you need lawyers with proven results, technical know-how and experience. You need Nadrich & Cohen.
Call us today for a free consultation. You may qualify for financial compensation.