If you suffered injuries or lost a loved one in a rideshare accident in Modesto, Nadrich & Cohen will fight for the compensation you deserve. We can file an insurance claim or lawsuit for you—we’ll review the details of the accident and take whichever approach is right for your case.
Rideshare accident cases can be complex, and you may face significant stress if you handle your case on your own. We can represent you against a rideshare company or other liable parties. You can start exploring your legal options and next steps during a free consultation today. If we represent you, we can start on your case without charging upfront attorney’s fees or costs. We receive payment only if we recover an award for you.
Who Is Responsible for an Uber or Lyft Accident in Modesto?
Nadrich & Cohen will determine who is legally responsible for your rideshare accident in Modesto. Liability varies based on your accident’s specific circumstances. Depending on how your accident happened, liable parties may include:
- A rideshare vehicle’s driver
- A motorist who struck the rideshare vehicle
- A pedestrian
- A motor vehicle manufacturer
- The city of Modesto
- A mechanic
- Another liable party
We will learn the facts of your accident and identify the liable parties who should be held responsible for it. Many circumstances can produce victims of rideshare accidents. You may be able to seek compensation for your losses if you:
- Suffered injuries while riding in a rideshare vehicle
- Were driving or riding in a vehicle that a rideshare driver struck
- Were a pedestrian, bicyclist, or motorcyclist that a rideshare driver hit
Other circumstances may warrant an insurance claim or lawsuit for a rideshare accident.
Our Firm Handles Cases Involving Rideshare Drivers and Similar Accidents
As a thoroughly modern city, Modesto is home to delivery services of all kinds. We handle cases involving:
- Amazon delivery drivers
- Other types of delivery trucks
- DoorDash, Grubhub, Postmates, and other food delivery drivers
- Uber Eats and Uber drivers
- Lyft drivers
- Instacart and other grocery delivery drivers
In fact, we can handle any case where you suffered harm because of someone else’s carelessness or recklessness.
What Damages Are Recoverable After a Modesto Rideshare Accident?
Before we decide on an approach to your case—insurance claim or lawsuit—we’ll survey your recoverable damages. The type and cost of your damages can help us decide which action to take.
Recoverable damages in a Modesto rideshare accident may include:
Property Repair or Replacement
Nadrich & Cohen Accident Injury Lawyers
Modesto, CA 95354
If your vehicle suffered damage in a rideshare accident, you may get full coverage for repairs. If your vehicle was totaled, liable parties may have to replace it. If you suffered other types of property damage, like harm to your cell phone, then you may get fair compensation in return.
Rideshare accidents that cause injuries or death also generally result in medical costs. Millions of motor vehicle accident victims visit the emergency room each year, per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Emergency care may only be the start of your medical needs. You may also receive compensation for:
- Hospital stays
- Doctor’s visits
- Medical equipment
- Other medical costs related to your Modesto rideshare accident
We can work with medical professionals to project the cost of your future medical care.
Pain and Suffering
Nadrich & Cohen will seek coverage for non-economic harm that you experience, which may include:
- Pain from suffering injuries
- Traumatic memories of the accident
- Fear of being in motor vehicles
- Generalized anxiety, depression, or other psychological conditions
- Lost sleep
- Reduced quality of life
- Other psychological, emotional, or physical harm that you suffer
We can seek coverage for any counseling or other treatments you need for pain and suffering.
Lost Income, Earning Power, Benefits, and Productivity
A Modesto rideshare accident lawyer from Nadrich & Cohen will determine how your accident has harmed you professionally. You may lose your regular income, miss chances to earn promotions and bonuses, be less productive, and lose status with your employer. Certain injuries require victims to change jobs. This can cause you to earn less and may entitle you to compensation.
Calculating such losses is not easy. We will handle this duty for you and also complete the other steps in your rideshare accident case.
We Can Complete a Modesto Rideshare Accident Insurance Claim for You
Rideshare companies like Uber and Lyft provide insurance coverage that may apply to your accident. Uber’s insurance policies, which are similar to Lyft’s, provide $1 million in third-party liability coverage. However, this coverage only applies when the rideshare driver is on their way to pick up a passenger or is dropping off a passenger.
When the driver is waiting for ride requests, they have insurance coverage of:
- $50,000 in bodily injury coverage (per person)
- $100,000 in bodily injury coverage (per accident)
- $25,000 in property damage coverage
If these coverages don’t apply to your accident, then a driver’s personal auto insurance may apply.
If You Need to File a Lawsuit, We Can Handle It
A lawsuit may be necessary in your case. If we need to negotiate a pretrial settlement or even go to trial, then we will. Our firm can handle every step of the civil legal process, including:
- Collection of evidence
- Witness interviews
- Documentation of your losses
- Settlement negotiations
A trial is statistically rare in civil cases. Nevertheless, Nadrich & Cohen remains ready for any development in your case, including a trial.
Why Do Clients Choose Nadrich & Cohen for Rideshare Accident Cases in Modesto?
Our clients tell us that they choose us for:
- Our experience handling rideshare accident cases, which allows us to effectively address challenges in your case
- Our familiarity with Modesto, which will help us file your case efficiently
- Our dedication to their satisfaction
- Our legal expertise
We will let former clients explain, in their own words, what they experienced when Nadrich & Cohen handled their cases:
- “Nadrich & Cohen put in extra effort to win my case. I appreciate all of their hard work.” – Brad L., former client
- “I reached out to them after my accident but wasn’t really sure I needed an attorney. I took them up on their free consultation and decided that I needed assistance. They really helped me and my fiance and we are relieved that we hired them.” – C. Guzman, former
Our legal team will provide you with our best effort, fighting for the financial recovery you deserve. We will bring more than 30 years of experience to your case, and we will advise you of all timelines and deadlines, including CCP § 335.1, which generally gives you two years to pursue an injury lawsuit. We can take care of filing your case on time, giving you one less thing to worry about as you recover from your injuries.
Call Us Today for a Free Consultation After a Modesto Rideshare Accident
Don’t wait to retain a Modesto rideshare accident lawyer from Nadrich & Cohen. Your case may involve strict deadlines, and we can work on filing your case as soon as possible. Call us today for a free consultation to get started on rebuilding your life.