As a pedestrian, you are vulnerable to many dangers. If you’re hit by a car, bike, or another vehicle, your losses may be severe. Once you get medical attention, you may end up struggling to carry the financial burden on your own. Fortunately, you do not have to fight for compensation on your own. One of our Palm Desert pedestrian accident lawyers can help.
Our personal injury lawyers can help you fight for compensation to cover the costs of your expenses and get back some peace of mind. Whatever you’ve lost as a result of your injuries, we want to offer you the support you need to better your quality of life. We offer free consultations to all pedestrians injured in and around Palm Desert.
Pedestrians Can Demand Compensation for Damages in Palm Desert
If you were injured while traveling by foot or wheelchair, you can demand compensation for certain damages. Common kinds of damages for personal injury cases include:
- Medical treatment costs, including rehabilitation, the cost of medicine, hospital stays, ongoing care, and assistive devices
- Any wages you lost while you were recovering from your injuries or receiving treatment
- Reduced earning potential if your injuries forced you to take a lower-paying job or become less productive
- Pain and suffering
- Any inconvenience your injuries have caused you
- Emotional distress, including psychological trauma caused by the collision
- Permanent impairment or physical disfigurement, such as paralysis from a spinal cord injury, or scarring
- Diminished quality of life, including loss of enjoyment in former hobbies and activities
Our team may suggest that we claim other kinds of damages not listed here. For example, if you now require a wheelchair to get around, you might have had to make home modifications to accommodate your disability. You would be eligible to get this money back.
Do Families Qualify for Compensation if Their Loved One Passes Away?
If you lost a family member in a pedestrian accident, we are so sorry to hear of your loss. We hope we can offer you the compassion and support you need while you grieve.
Financial support can be a huge stress relief for those who’ve lost a loved one. You are eligible to seek compensation if you are the spouse, children or parents of the person who passed away.
Our wrongful death lawyers can help you seek compensation for losses such as:
- Funeral expenses
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of parental guidance
- Medical debts
- Loss of protection and support
- Loss of domestic services
It’s hard to verbalize how much you’ve lost when a person you hold dear has passed away. We hope our team can help you put into words how this loss has affected you, so we can fight for the compensation you need to heal, worry-free.
How Our Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Palm Desert Can Build Your Case
At Nadrich & Cohen, we guide our clients throughout the litigation process. You never have to be in the dark when you hire one of our pedestrian accident lawyers because we make sure to provide case updates as new developments occur.
Our other legal services include:
- Investigating your accident to gather information for your case
- Determining how much your case is worth and negotiating a settlement with the liable party
- Collecting evidence, such as photos, video footage and witness testimony
- Filling out legal paperwork and submitting it within the deadline
- Answering and responding to messages from the defendant, their lawyer or their insurance company
- Attending all legal appearances as your representative
- Prepping your case for trial, if necessary
You may also reach out to our team whenever you would like advice on decisions regarding your case. For example, we can provide insight on whether it might be necessary to go forward with a lawsuit if negotiations keep bringing up new conflicts.
Be Aware of California’s Statute of Limitations for Filing a Pedestrian Accident Case
Per CCP § 335.1, you generally have two years from the date of your accident to file a personal injury case. If you don’t remember the exact date of your accident, our team can retrieve this information from a copy of the official accident report. Within the same document, we can also get the contact information of the defendant and send them your notice of intent to sue.
Why You Want to Act Quickly After a Pedestrian Accident
It is very important that you file a lawsuit within the deadline set by the statute of limitations. If you fail to do so, you may end up recovering nothing. However, there are other reasons you want to act quickly after an accident:
- Evidence can disappear
- Reaching maximum medical improvement can take months or years
- Building a robust case takes time
The earlier you contact our team, the sooner we can get started on building your case for compensation.
Can I Afford a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer?
Our team knows that the expenses associated with any type of motor vehicle accident can feel insurmountable. We offer our legal services on a contingency-fee basis. This means you pay no upfront fees and do not owe us any attorney’s fees until we win your case.
There is no financial risk when you work with our attorneys.
Call Nadrich & Cohen to Hire a Palm Desert Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Today
If you or a loved one was injured in a pedestrian accident, you may be eligible for compensation. A pedestrian accident attorney from Nadrich & Cohen can manage your case while you heal from your injuries. Hiring us won’t add to your list of financial worries either, as we won’t charge you anything unless we win.
Call our firm today for a free case evaluation. Remember, you owe us nothing up front for our services.