We know how tough it can be to deal with the fallout of a bicycle accident. Bicycle accidents can be extremely serious. It can be devastating to be struck by a motor vehicle while riding a bicycle, even if you’re wearing a helmet or other protective equipment.
The process of pursuing financial compensation through the legal system can add stress to the financial, emotional, and physical toll you’re already experiencing after your injuries. At Nadrich & Cohen, we know all about the pain and suffering you’re experiencing.
Our full-service bicycle accident lawyers in Richmond will handle every aspect of your case for you so that you can focus entirely on recovering and healing from your injuries. It is our desire to make your life as easy as we can. We will fight for you to ensure you receive the financial compensation and medical treatment you deserve.
How Our Richmond Bicycle Accident Lawyers Can Help You
If this is your first time being injured in an accident, you may be considering if it’s worth it to hire a lawyer. Hiring a lawyer is actually the most important thing you can do if you want to recover all the compensation you’re entitled to.
Our Richmond bicycle accident attorneys can assist you with:
- Collecting information and evidence to bolster your claim
- Proving that another party’s negligence caused your injuries
- Accurately calculating just how much financial compensation you’re entitled to
- Negotiations with insurance companies
- If necessary, preparing for trial and litigating your case in court
Nadrich & Cohen Accident Injury Lawyers
Richmond, CA 94801
There are many bicycle accident law firms you can choose from, but we are extremely confident that we possess the experience, resources, and tools needed to obtain the largest possible financial recovery for your injuries.
Who Gets Sued in Bicycle Accident Cases?
While most of our cases are settled out of court, we may need to file a lawsuit on your behalf if you’ve been injured in a bicycle accident. Our lawsuits are usually filed against negligent drivers, property owners, bicycle manufacturers, or government entities.
A negligent driver is a driver who failed to uphold a basic standard of care and failed to behave as a reasonably careful person would have behaved in the same situation. An example of negligence is speeding, as reasonably careful drivers obey the speed limit.
If your bicycle accident claim or a lawsuit is successful, you may be compensated for:
- Past and future medical bills
- Loss of wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
If a bicyclist is killed while cycling, the cyclist’s family may file a lawsuit alleging wrongful death against the at-fault driver. Wrongful death damages may include:
- Any income the deceased would be reasonably expected to have earned
- Funeral and burial costs
- Compensation for losing the support and companionship of the deceased
What to Do After a Bicycle Accident in Richmond
Bicycle accidents can leave you feeling hurt and disoriented. If you don’t require immediate medical attention for severe injuries, do your best to stay calm and follow these steps following a bike crash:
- Stay at the accident scene: Don’t leave the scene of the accident.
- Call the police or California Highway Patrol: It’s important that you do this because a police report can go a long way toward ensuring you can recover the financial compensation you deserve for your injuries.
- Collect information: Get the insurance information, contact information, license plate number, and driver’s license details from any drivers involved. Get the contact information of any witnesses present.
- Gather evidence: Take videos or photos of your damages, injuries, and the scene of the accident. Ask the police for a copy of the police report.
- Be careful as to what you say: Anything you say at the scene of the accident can be used against you. Don’t apologize or admit fault.
- Seek medical treatment: Do this as soon as possible, even if you don’t think you’re hurt. Injuries sometimes take a while to make themselves known. If you wait too long to have them documented by a healthcare provider, insurance companies can refuse to pay you for your injuries, claiming they weren’t caused by your accident.
- Call Nadrich & Cohen: Studies show that injury victims who are represented by personal injury lawyers receive much more financial compensation than those who are not, even after taking lawyers’ fees into account.
How Much Do Richmond Bicycle Accident Attorneys Cost?
Our bicycle accident attorneys in Richmond are more affordable than you think. Our only fee is a percentage of any financial compensation we obtain for you. We don’t charge a fee unless and until we obtain compensation for you. In other words, you will never owe us any money out-of-pocket, and you won’t be charged a fee if we don’t win your case.
Do I Need a Richmond Bicycle Accident Lawyer?
Insurance companies won’t pay you what you deserve for your injuries unless they know you have lawyers who can successfully sue them over unfairly small settlement offers. Insurance adjusters are experts at tricking injury victims into saying things they can use to pay them less or nothing at all.
We are deeply familiar with insurance company tactics. Insurance companies have a lot of tricks they use to devalue or deny bike accident claims. We’ve seen them all, and we know how to deal with them. We’re also deeply familiar with the California Vehicle Code and how it relates to your bicycle accident.
You need experienced bicycle accident lawyers like Nadrich & Cohen to show insurance companies you mean business. We can handle all communications with the insurance companies for you if you want to recover all the compensation you are entitled to for your injuries.
Get in Touch With Our Richmond Bicycle Accident Attorneys
Nadrich & Cohen are Richmond bicycle accident lawyers who have been representing bicycle accident injury victims since 1990. We have recovered over $350,000,000 for our clients. We have tremendous experience in investigating, constructing, and litigating bicycle accident claims and cases.
Call us today, text us from this page, or fill out a contact form if you or a loved one was injured in a bicycle accident in Richmond. We don’t charge a fee unless and until we win your case. And if you can’t afford treatment for your injuries, we can get you to doctors who won’t charge you until your case is over.