Personal Injury Attorneys in Salinas, CA
Have you been injured in an accident in Salinas, CA which wasn’t your fault? If so, you may have a valid personal injury claim, meaning you may be eligible for financial compensation for any damages caused by your accident and injury.
The personal injury lawyers at Nadrich & Cohen have been representing injury victims since 1990, and have recovered over $350,000,000 for clients in that time. We have the experience, expertise and know-how to prove to insurance companies, judges and juries that your injury was someone else’s fault, and that the at-fault party is financially liable for any damages resulting from your injury.
We are a contingency fee personal injury law firm. This means that we do not charge a fee unless and until we win your case and obtain financial compensation for you. Our only fee is a percentage of any financial recovery we obtain for you. This is our no fee promise and we will put it in writing. You will never owe us any money out of your own pocket, so you have nothing to lose by calling us for a free consultation.
If you can’t afford medical treatment for your injuries, our personal injury attorneys work with the best doctors in California; doctors who will treat you on a lien, meaning you won’t be charged until your case is over. Doctors are willing to treat our clients on a lien because they know how consistent we are in getting our clients great results.
Call a personal injury attorney at Nadrich & Cohen today for a free consultation if you or a loved one was injured and it wasn’t your fault. You can also fill out the case evaluation form on this page or text us from this page.
How Can A Personal Injury Lawyer Help You In Salinas?
The thing about personal injury claims is that people don’t receive what they are legally entitled to for their injuries under California law unless they are represented by an experienced personal injury attorney. So, if you want to obtain maximum compensation for your injuries, then yes, you need a lawyer to handle your personal injury case. Those who are represented by lawyers, on average, receive far more for their injuries than those who are not, even after attorneys’ contingency fees are taken into account.
Injury victims are typically paid by insurance companies in personal injury cases. For example, victims of car accidents are typically paid by auto insurance companies.
However, if you don’t have legal representation, the insurance company knows it can get away with presenting you with a lowball offer. The reason why is because your only option after being presented with a lowball offer is to file a personal injury lawsuit over the offer. Personal injury lawsuits are the only way injury victims can force insurance companies to pay them what they deserve for their injuries. Insurance companies know you can’t win a lawsuit if you’re not represented by a lawyer. Therefore, they have no motivation to offer you all of the money you actually deserve if you don’t have a lawyer. They will, however, have motivation to protect their own profit margin by offering you a fraction of what you’re entitled to.
The personal injury victims that we represent often quickly receive a fair settlement offer from the insurance company once we represent them and send the insurance company a convincing demand letter. This is because, by hiring us, you’re sending a strong message to the insurance company: you’ve hired an experienced personal injury firm with a long track record of success and it’s a waste of the insurance company’s time and money to try to take us on in court, where the insurance company will lose. Almost all of our cases settle out of court because of this.
In addition, it’s important that you hire a Salinas personal injury lawyer because it’s dangerous for you to talk to insurance companies after you’ve been injured in an accident. Insurance adjusters are specifically trained to trick victims of personal injuries into saying things that imply an accident was their fault, or that their injuries aren’t as bad as they claim. If an insurance company successfully manipulates you into saying something you shouldn’t, they can take advantage of it in order to pay you less money or nothing at all. Therefore, it’s vital for accident victims to hire a good personal injury lawyer who can handle all communications and negotiations with insurance companies for them while they simply focus on recovering from their injuries.
Experienced Legal Representation for Personal Injury Cases in Salinas, CA at Nadrich & Cohen?
Nadrich & Cohen Accident Injury Lawyers
If you’ve been injured in Monterey County and it wasn’t your fault, California personal injury laws state that any parties who are at fault for your injury are financially liable for any damages associated with your injury. Our law offices can help you obtain financial compensation for many things, including but not limited to:
- Medical bills: If you have been injured, you probably already owe some money in medical bills related to your injury. For example, a car accident can lead to traumatic brain injuries, necessitating hospitalization. In addition, you may also require medical treatment in the future for your injuries. For example, a motor vehicle accident can lead to catastrophic injuries with symptoms that persist for the remainder of car accident victims’ lives. We can help you obtain maximum financial compensation for any past medical expenses related to your injuries, as well as fair compensation for any medical bills it can be reasonably expected you will face in the future due to your injuries.
- Lost wages: It is common for injury victims to miss time from work due to their injuries. Sometimes their injuries temporarily prevent them from working. Sometimes they need to miss time from work to attend medical appointments or treatments. We can help you obtain financial compensation for any wages you are unable to earn due to your injuries.
- Loss of earning capacity: Sometimes injury victims are unable to ever work again due to their injuries, or are unable to do the work they used to ever again because of their injuries. For example, motor vehicle accidents often lead to permanent disability. We can help you obtain compensation for any loss of earning capacity which is related to your injuries.
- Pain and suffering: Most personal injury claims see the victims experiencing physical pain and emotional distress. You are entitled to financial compensation for your pain and suffering under California law, and we can help you obtain that financial compensation.
- Wrongful death: We are sorry for your loss if you have lost a loved one due to an accident. You may qualify for financial compensation for funeral costs, burial costs, the loss of your loved one’s income, the loss of your loved one’s love and companionship, any medical bills your loved one incurred prior to passing, your loved one’s pain and suffering prior to passing and more.
What Should I Do After Suffering A Personal Injury In Salinas?
If you’ve been injured and it’s not your fault, you may be stressed and in pain, and this could cause you to take actions that could jeopardize your best interests.
For example, those injured in truck accidents may:
- Think they’ve fully recovered and not go to the doctor
- Tell an insurance adjuster they’re feeling fine
- Attempt to handle their injury claim without the assistance of a lawyer
Failure to take the right steps and make the correct decisions can hurt your ability to obtain full compensation for any damages related to your injuries. You may end up receiving less than you’re entitled to, or even nothing at all.
If you’ve suffered a personal injury, you should:
Obtain medical treatment immediately: The number one priority is your health. Visit a doctor or call an ambulance as soon as possible. You can’t judge how serious your injury actually is without the assistance of a healthcare provider. Tell your healthcare provider about any pain or injuries, even if you think they’re very minor or unimportant. You may be prescribed treatment, such as injections, physical therapy or surgery. It’s important that you recover from your injuries, but it’s also important to show insurance companies that you’re taking every necessary step to recover as quickly as you can.
Follow instructions and don’t miss appointments: Ignoring healthcare providers’ advice or missing medical appointments can not only make it more likely that you don’t fully recover from your injuries, but it can also make it more likely that you aren’t fully compensated for your injuries. Your doctor, therapist or chiropractor wants the best for you. Help them by following their instructions, not missing any appointments, and telling your healthcare provider if you’re not getting any better so they can adjust your treatment if necessary.
Gather evidence: Take pictures and/or video of the scene of your accident. Get the contact and insurance information of any parties who may be at fault for your injuries. Get the contact information of any witnesses to your accident. Keep conversation to a minimum while doing so, as anything you say can be used against you.
Keep a file: Start a file that you keep documentation relating to your injuries in. It’s difficult to determine how much your personal injury claim is worth without documentation. Save every email and piece of paper related to your injuries in this file, such as:
- Accident reports, pictures and police reports
- Injury details such as medical records and visits to the doctor
- Details regarding any impact on your work or time missed from work
- Receipts for child care, taxis to work or the doctor, prescriptions, medical expenses, etc.
- Document as much as you can.
Talk to Nadrich & Cohen as soon as possible: Call us before making any decisions, even if you think you might handle your injury claim on your own. We offer free consultations, will answer any questions you may have, and you’ll end up more fully understanding the work (on behalf of you and us) involved in handling your case. Waiting too long to call us could lead to you missing legal deadlines, crucial evidence or chances to negotiate a fair settlement. We can also assist you by finding you better, cheaper options for medical treatment since we work with a wide variety of the best healthcare providers in California.
Don’t talk to insurance companies: Insurance companies are not your friend. They will prioritize their own profit over fully compensating you for your injuries. Let us handle all negotiations and communications with insurance companies for you so you don’t say anything that incriminates you and you can focus on recovering from your injuries.
Is There A Time Limit To File A Personal Injury Lawsuit?
In California, the time limit to file a personal injury lawsuit is two years after the date of your injury. Failure to file a lawsuit within this time frame can forever bar you from obtaining compensation for your injuries.
However, if a government entity is at fault for your injuries, that time limit is shortened to six months.
It can take a long time to put together a convincing personal injury case. It’s important that you call us today if you’ve been injured in order to give us as much time as possible to put together a convincing case for you and make sure any legal deadlines are met.
What If I’m Partially At Fault For My Own Accident?
We can still help you recover financial compensation for your injuries if you’re partially at fault for them. This is because California is a pure comparative negligence state.
The way pure comparative negligence works is this: if you are found 30 percent at fault for your own injuries and another party is found 70 percent at fault for your injuries, the amount of financial compensation you are entitled to from the other party is simply reduced by 30 percent. Thus, if you suffer $100,000 in damages and are found 30 percent at fault for your injuries, you are entitled to $70,000 in compensation for your injuries.
Salinas Personal Injury Lawyers
We have been practicing personal injury law for over 30 years. Our experienced personal injury attorneys have made thousands of recoveries for injury victims, including:
- $3,880,000 for a passenger in a Greyhound bus whose driver fell asleep, causing the bus to strike the highway divider
- $2,200,000 for a woman who slipped and fell on black ice and later developed RSD/CRPS
- $1,845,000 for a construction worker who experienced third-degree burns when his crane struck power lines
If you are looking for the best personal injury lawyers in Salinas, look no further than Nadrich & Cohen. Our vast experience in handling personal injury cases will allow us to obtain the maximum possible financial compensation for you.
Call us today for a free case consultation or text us from this page. You may qualify for a financial recovery for your injuries.