Nadrich & Cohen has been representing car accident victims since 1990, having recovered over $350,000,000 for our clients in that time. Our Salinas car accident lawyers help those who are injured in car accidents obtain financial compensation for their medical bills, property damage, lost wages, pain, suffering and more.
You can obtain the representation of a Salinas car accident attorney at Nadrich & Cohen on a contingency fee basis, meaning we will not charge a fee to handle your car accident claim until and unless we obtain financial compensation for you. We only charge a percentage of any recovery we obtain for you as our fee and this fee is not charged if we don’t obtain a recovery. You will never owe us any money out of your own pocket.
Our Salijas car accident attorneys work with the finest doctors in California, and these doctors agree to treat our clients on a lien. What this means is that if you can’t afford medical treatment, we can get you excellent treatment which you won’t be charged for until your case is over. Doctors do this for our clients because doctors know we get great results for our clients.
Call us today for a free consultation, or text us from this page, if you or a loved one has been injured or killed in an auto accident. Our Salinas auto accident lawyers can handle every aspect of your case for you while you simply focus on recovering from your injuries.
What Financial Compensation Can A Salinas Car Accident Lawyer Help Me Recover?
Those who are at fault for motor vehicle accidents in California are financially liable under California car accident laws for any car accident injuries that result. Common car accident injuries can lead to a variety of damages which an experienced car accident lawyer can help you obtain financial compensation for, including:
- Medical expenses: If you have been injured in a car crash, you are probably already facing several medical bills related to your injuries. In addition, many personal injury claims involve injuries that linger, so you may face more medical bills related to your automobile accident in the future. The Salinas auto accident attorneys at Nadrich & Cohen can help you obtain financial compensation for any medical bills you’ve already incurred and any medical bills you may incur in the future related to your accident.
- Lost wages: Your car accident case may involve you missing time from work due to your injuries. Your injuries may have left you unable to work for some time. You may also have to miss work to attend medical appointments. If you’ve been injured in an accident in Salinas, CA, our law firm can file a personal injury claim for you and help you obtain financial compensation for any wages you were unable to earn due to your injuries.
- Loss of earning capacity: Personal injury lawsuits often involve injury victims who are unable to work ever again, or unable to do the job they used to ever again. A Salinas personal injury attorney at Nadrich & Cohen can help you obtain a financial recovery to help cover any diminishment of your earning capacity caused by your injuries.
- Pain and suffering: Under California personal injury law, you are entitled to financial compensation for any pain and suffering related to an accident which was someone else’s fault. Serious injuries can lead to physical pain and emotional distress, and a Salinas auto accident attorney at Nadrich & Cohen can help you obtain a financial recovery for your pain and suffering.
- Property damage: Car accident cases often involve totaled or severely damaged vehicles. The Salinas personal injury attorneys at Nadrich & Cohen can help you obtain financial compensation for any property damage sustained in your accident.
- Wrongful death: Unfortunately, thousands of Californians die in car accidents each year. If you have lost a loved one in a car accident which was someone else’s fault, you may qualify for financial compensation for burial and funeral expenses, pre-death medical bills, the loss of your loved one’s income, the loss of your loved one’s companionship and love, the value of your loved one’s contributions to the household and more.
- Punitive damages: Punitive damages are sometimes awarded when the drivers who cause accidents acted intentionally or in a reckless manner. You may qualify to recover punitive damages if your accident was caused by a driver who was driving recklessly or intentionally caused an accident.
What Should People Do After Salinas Car Accidents?
If you are a car accident victim, the steps you take after the accident, including the steps you take at the accident scene, can have a big impact on your ability to be fully compensated for your injuries. You should:
- Stay at the scene: If you’re involved in a motor vehicle accident involving an injury or death in Monterey County, remain at the scene of the accident until police arrive unless you require immediate medical care. You could end up being charged with hit-and-run if you leave an accident scene which involved an injury or death. You can leave the scene of an accident which only involves property damage, but you must first identify yourself to every party involved. You could end up being charged with misdemeanor hit-and-run if you fail to identify yourself.
- Receive immediate medical attention if necessary: Don’t wait for police if you need immediate medical help. Call 911. If you can’t, have someone else call 911 for you. If you’re able to, get your contact information to other drivers involved in the accident before being taken to the ER.
- Get to safety: Move your car to a safe place off the road or as far to the side of the road as possible. However, don’t attempt this if doing so would be unsafe. If someone suffered severe injuries or was killed, leave the vehicles in place unless they present a significant danger.
- Collect vehicle information: Car accident claims require evidence, and some of that evidence is information on the vehicles involved. Photograph or write down the license plate number of any vehicle involved, the color, model, make and year of any vehicle involved, and the Vehicle Identification Number of any vehicle involved.
- Get witnesses’ and other drivers’ contact info: Get the contact and insurance information of any driver involved in the accident. Get the contact info of any witness to the accident. Keep conversation to a bare minimum while doing this, though, as the things you say at the accident scene can be used against you by an insurance company.
- Don’t apologize, admit fault or say you’re not hurt: Do not apologize to anyone for the accident. Do not admit fault for the accident. Do not say you’re uninjured, even if you think you’re uninjured. Saying any of these things could compromise your ability to be compensated for your injuries. If you think you’re uninjured, say you don’t know if you’re hurt and will see a doctor about it.
- Take pictures: Pictures can be important evidence after car accidents happen. Take pictures from multiple angles of any vehicle damage, any injuries, the scene of the accident, the roadway conditions, the weather conditions, any relevant signs or signals, etc.
- Write down what happened: It’s important that you do this right away as memories can fade quickly. Write down anything you think of regarding the accident, including the date and time, the direction each vehicle was traveling, the cross streets, how fast you think each vehicle was going, what color any nearby traffic lights were, the roadway conditions, etc.
- Have your injuries documented: If you aren’t taken immediately to the hospital after an accident, you should get examined by a doctor right away, even if you don’t think you’re hurt. Some injuries take weeks or months to show symptoms. However, if you don’t have your injuries documented quickly after an accident, insurance companies can claim that the accident wasn’t the cause of your injuries and refuse to pay you for your injuries.
- Report the crash: You must report the crash to the DMV within 10 days if anyone was hurt or killed, or if $1,000 or more worth of damage occurred. You also need to report the crash to your insurance company.
- Call Nadrich & Cohen: Handling a car accident claim is a difficult, long, time-consuming process. In addition, those who hire lawyers end up receiving far more compensation for their injuries than those who don’t, even after lawyers’ contingency fees are factored in. We can handle the entire legal process for you so all you have to do is focus on getting better. Call us today for a free consultation so we can help you recover compensation for your injuries.
Do I Need A Car Accident Lawyer In Salinas?
Nadrich & Cohen Accident Injury Lawyers
If you have been involved in a car accident in Salinas which was due to someone else’s negligence, you won’t be able to obtain full compensation for your injuries without legal representation. In addition, it’s dangerous for you to talk to insurance companies, who are trained to take advantage of injury victims who don’t have a lawyer.
The insurance company for the at fault party is not your friend. They will do anything they can to preserve their own profit margin. This means that they will not offer you what you are legally entitled to for your injuries unless you make them. The only way you can make them is by suing them, and you can’t sue them and win without a lawyer. So, if you don’t have a lawyer, the insurance company knows you can’t make them pay you what you deserve, so they will simply offer you a fraction of what you deserve.
However, once injury victims hire an experienced Salinas car accident lawyer like the lawyers at Nadrich & Cohen, the game changes. Now the insurance company knows that not only can you sue them, but you’ll probably win. The insurance company now knows it’s a waste of their time and legal fees to take you on in court. The insurance company now knows that their best financial decision is to pay you what you deserve out of court, as their only other option is to spend expensive legal fees fighting you in court, where they’ll lose and have to pay you what you deserve anyway.
It’s also dangerous for you to talk to insurance adjusters, who are actually trained to trick you into saying things that imply your fault for an accident, or imply that you’re not actually hurt. Sometimes this can be as simple as asking you how you’re doing today, hoping you respond “fine.” It’s very easy to fall for these tricks, so you need a lawyer to handle any and all communications and negotiations with insurance companies for you.
Is There A Time Limit To File A Car Accident Lawsuit?
The statute of limitations in California for injuries sustained in a car accident is two years. This means that you have two years from the date of your injuries to file a lawsuit over them. Since insurance companies won’t pay out a fair amount on a claim unless they know you can sue them and win, this effectively means that you must be able to file a claim and a lawsuit within two years in order to obtain fair compensation for your injuries.
In addition, for claims involving government entities, the time limit is only six months.
If you’ve been injured in an accident which wasn’t your fault, don’t wait, call us today for a free consultation. It can take a long time to put together a convincing case and submit it to an insurance company. Calling us today gives us the most time possible to build a convincing case, send it to the insurance company and, if need be, file a lawsuit before any applicable deadlines expire.
Salinas Car Accident Attorney
We have been handling car accident claims for over 30 years. By hiring Nadrich & Cohen, you’re hiring strong, aggressive lawyers with the experience and know-how to force insurance companies to pay you what you’re legally entitled for regarding your car accident injuries.
We’ve successfully obtained financial recoveries for thousands of Californians who were injured in car accidents, including:
- $5,700,000 for the family of a 9-year-old who died in an auto accident
- $2,100,000 for someone who was rear-ended by a vehicle traveling only 5 miles per hour
- $975,000 for a woman whose vehicle struck a trash bin which lacked appropriate reflective devices or tape
Call us today for a free consultation or text us from this page. You may be entitled to financial compensation for your injuries.