Salinas, CA saw 47 motorcycle accidents from 2015 to 2020, leading to 53 injuries and two deaths, according to UC Berkeley data.
The Salinas motorcycle accident lawyers at Nadrich & Cohen are actively representing those who have suffered injuries after being involved in a motorcycle crash which was someone else’s fault.
Our experienced Salinas motorcycle accident attorneys have been handling motorcycle accident cases since 1990, and have recovered over $350,000,000 on behalf of our clients in that time.
Our law firm will handle your motorcycle accident case on a contingency fee basis, meaning that no fee is charged until and unless we obtain financial compensation for you. This means that you will never owe us any money out of your own pocket.
If you can’t afford treatment for your motorcycle injuries, we can get you to the best doctors in California; doctors who will treat you on a lien, meaning you won’t be charged until your case ends.
Call an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer at Nadrich & Cohen today for a free consultation, or text us from this page, if you or a loved one has been injured or killed in a motorcycle accident. You may be eligible for financial compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain, suffering, wrongful death and more.
What Should I Do After A Motorcycle Accident In Salinas?
The fate of your motorcycle accident claim may rest on the decisions you make after your accident. It is vital that you do certain things to protect your legal rights. You will have to identify who is at fault for your accident, collect evidence and make sure any claims or lawsuits are filed in time. A Salinas motorcycle accident attorney can help you do all of these things and help you recover fair compensation for your injuries.
- Get to safety: Remain at the accident scene, or in the vicinity of the scene, if you can do so safely. Check to see if yourself or anyone else has been injured.
- Move your bike: Move your motorcycle off the road, if you’re able to, to prevent another accident from happening.
- Call 911: You’re legally obligated to report any accident resulting injury, death or $1,000 or more in property damage to police. If needed, ask for an ambulance.
- Collect information: Get the contact information, insurance information, driver’s license number and license plate number of any drivers involved in the accident. Get the contact information of any witnesses to the accident. Ask the police for a copy of the police report.
- Take pictures: Take photographs of your motorcycle, the accident scene and anything else important, such as property damage, roadway conditions, traffic signs and signals, etc.
- Seek immediate medical attention: Motorcycle accident victims should immediately seek medical attention even if they don’t think they’re hurt. It’s common for an injured motorcyclist not to realize they’re hurt until days, weeks or even months after an accident. Having any injuries documented immediately by a healthcare provider prevents an insurance company from claiming your accident didn’t cause your injuries.
- Follow medical orders: Do what the doctors tell you to. Dutifully attend any follow-up appointments or treatments. Insurance companies can use a failure to do these things as evidence you’re not actually injured that badly.
- Gather information: Collect info regarding your accident such as police reports and medical records. Your lawyer will need this information.
- Call Nadrich & Cohen: Talk with a lawyer at Nadrich & Cohen before speaking with any insurance adjusters. We can protect your legal rights and handle all communications with insurance companies for you.
Insurance adjusters are not your friend and they don’t want to pay you what you deserve for your injuries. They won’t offer you what you deserve for your injuries unless you have a lawyer, since the only way you can make them pay you what you deserve is to sue them, and they know you can’t win a lawsuit without a lawyer. If you don’t have a lawyer, they’ll try to protect their own profit margin by offering you a fraction of what you deserve and trying to convince you to accept it, knowing you’re probably desperate for money. They’ll also try to trick you into saying things they can use to pay you less or nothing at all.
Hiring a Salinas motorcycle accident lawyer at Nadrich & Cohen protects your legal rights and allows you to have a professional to talk to and negotiate with insurance companies for you. A professional like the lawyers at Nadrich & Cohen won’t settle for lowball offers. Almost all of our cases settle out of court for fair amounts because insurance companies know that if they don’t pay our clients what they deserve, we’ll sue them and win.
Call us today for a free consultation before you start the motorcycle claims process.
Motorcycle Accident Compensation
Nadrich & Cohen Accident Injury Lawyers
If you or a loved one was injured or killed in a motorcycle accident, you may be entitled to financial compensation for numerous damages, such as:
- Medical expenses: Those injured in motorcycle crashes often suffer catastrophic injuries such as spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries or broken bones. An injured motorcycle rider may be eligible for financial compensation for any bills related to their motorcycle accident, such as ambulance costs, costs for treatment at the accident scene, treatment in the emergency room, doctor bills or any other treatment related to the crash. You may qualify for compensation for both past and future medical bills, as many common motorcycle accident injuries require long-term treatment, including physical therapy, medication or surgery.
- Lost wages: Motorcycle riders are often left unable to work for some time after their accident due to a catastrophic injury such as a traumatic brain injury or spinal cord injury. An motorcycle accident victim may also need to miss some time at work in order to attend medical appointments. Whether you miss days, months or years of work, a personal injury lawyer at Nadrich & Cohen may help you recover financial compensation for any wages you were unable to earn due to your accident.
- Lost wages in the future and lost earning capacity: A motorcycle accident injury claim may involve permanent loss of wages. Those who file motorcycle accident claims are often eligible for compensation for future earnings that are lost. Another thing an experienced motorcycle accident attorney at Nadrich & Cohen can help you recover is loss of earning capacity. Maybe you can no longer perform a job you were in training for due to severe injuries. You’d be eligible for compensation for lost earning capacity in this scenario.
- Pain and suffering: A bill cannot be attached to pain and suffering. However, you may recover compensation for it. You may be compensated for how difficult life is to live after an accident due to things like aches and pains. If your life has been disrupted by serious injuries sustained in your accident, you may be compensated for it in a personal injury claim. You can be compensated for pain and suffering even though it is intangible.
- Punitive damages: Punitive damages aren’t available in every case. However, drivers who cause an accident by behaving recklessly or maliciously may end up owing punitive damages which are meant to punish them. Punitive damages are often awarded to victims in drunk driving cases.
- Wrongful death: Motorcycle fatalities are an unfortunate reality of motorcycle accidents. Financial compensation can’t bring back your loved one if you lost a loved one to a motorcycle crash. However, financial compensation can help prevent families from experiencing financial distress after fatal motorcycle accidents. A personal injury attorney at Nadrich & Cohen can help you recover financial compensation for the loss of your loved one’s income, the loss of your loved one’s companionship and love, funeral and burial expenses, your loved one’s medical bills, any pain and suffering your loved one experienced, and more.
What Can Nadrich & Cohen Do For Me as a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Salinas?
Riding a motorcycle, for many, is all about freedom; the freedom to go anywhere. However, while riding a motorcycle can make you feel like a free, self-reliant individual, smart motorcyclists still know when it’s best to request help, especially when a situation requires someone else’s expertise. Recovering full, fair compensation for injuries after a motorcycle accident is a situation where it’s best to ask for help.
A Salinas motorcycle lawyer at Nadrich & Cohen can perform many complicated tasks to help you obtain financial compensation you require to pay medical bills, compensate for any income lost, and remove burdens from your life. Some of the things Nadrich & Cohen can do for you include:
- Making sure you have a thorough understanding of the motorcycle injury claim process and any legal options available to you
- Analyzing insurance policies to figure out what coverage is available
- Collecting evidence like records of wage loss, medical bills and records, police reports, videos and photos
- Collecting witness statements
- Handling all communications and negotiations with insurance companies to protect your best interests
- Analyzing how valid any liens on your case are
- Performing tough negotiations with insurance companies for you
- Filing a lawsuit for you if necessary and taking your case to trial if necessary
- Analyzing any jury verdicts to figure out if appeals are necessary and viable
What Is California’s Motorcycle Accident Statute Of Limitations?
In most cases, motorcycle accident victims have two years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit. However, if a government entity is involved, that time limit is reduced to six months.
Injured motorcyclists must file claims with the correct government entity within six months of their motorcycle accident. Forms for doing so are usually available online.
Claims involving government entities can include claims involving:
- Drivers working for a government entity injuring a motorcyclist
- Hazardous roadway conditions such as insufficient lighting, badly designed intersections, insufficient warning signs, potholes and more
Once the government entity denies your claim, which it almost always will, the motorcycle rider has six months in order to file any lawsuit.
It can take a long time to put together a convincing motorcycle accident case. For this reason, it’s best that you contact a Salinas motorcycle attorney at Nadrich & Cohen today for a free consultation so we can have as much time as possible to put together a convincing case for you and meet any applicable filing deadlines for you.
What If I’m Partially At Fault For A Motorcycle Accident?
You can still obtain financial compensation for your injuries if you are partially at fault for a motorcycle accident in California.
The way this works is this: if you are found 30 percent at fault for a motorcycle accident, the damages you are eligible to recover are simply reduced by 30 percent.
Call us today for a free consultation if you were injured in a motorcycle accident which was partially your fault. We will work hard to minimize the percentage of fault attributed to you in order to maximize your financial recovery.
Salinas Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Motorcycle accidents can lead to terrible injuries which can impact the victim for the rest of their life. You may be injured, facing huge medical bills, and unable to pay those bills because you’re out of work. You may require medical treatment for the rest of your life which will generate yet more bills. With the stakes this high, you can’t afford to get your choice of motorcycle accident lawyer wrong.
You need strong, experienced, battle-tested lawyers on your side; lawyers like Nadrich & Cohen who have been fighting for maximum compensation from insurance companies for over 30 years.
We have recovered countless settlements and awards for our motorcycle accident clients, including:
- $1,650,000 for a motorcyclist who collided with a badly-lit barricade, leading to brain damage
- $1,590,000 for a motorcyclist who hit a cement barrier which was placed negligently
- $1,500,000 for a motorcycle rider who suffered a serious shoulder injury
Best of all, you will owe us nothing if we don’t win your case. That is our no fee promise.
Call us today for a free consultation if you or a loved one was injured or killed in a motorcycle accident. You may qualify for a financial recovery.