Nadrich & Cohen is actively representing victims of slip and fall accidents.
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, a Salinas slip and fall attorney at Nadrich & Cohen can help you obtain financial compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain, suffering and more.
The experienced Salinas slip and fall lawyers at Nadrich & Cohen have been handling slip and fall claims for over 30 years. We have recovered over $350,000,000 for our clients since 1990.
We will handle your slip and fall case on a contingency fee basis, meaning no fee is charged until and unless we win your case. The only fee we charge is a portion of any financial recovery obtained. No fee is charged if we don’t obtain financial compensation for you.
If you can’t afford to get your slip and fall injuries treated, our Salinas slip and fall attorneys can get you to the best doctors in California who will treat your injuries and won’t charge you until your case is over. Doctors are willing to do this for our clients because they know we get our clients great results.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a slip and fall accident, call the Salinas slip and fall accident lawyers at Nadrich & Cohen today for a free consultation, or text us from this page. You may qualify for financial compensation through a slip and fall claim or slip and fall lawsuit.
What Compensation Is Available After A Slip And Fall Accident?
If you have suffered serious injuries in a slip and fall accident, you may be eligible for financial compensation for many types of damages through a premises liability claim or lawsuit. A Salinas slip and fall lawyer at Nadrich & Cohen can help you obtain financial compensation for:
- Medical expenses: You are probably already facing medical bills related to your slip and fall accident. You may also need further treatment for your injuries in the future, which will lead to yet more medical bills. The Salinas slip and fall accident attorneys at Nadrich & Cohen can help you obtain financial compensation for any past or future medical bills related to your injuries.
- Lost wages: Those who suffer a fall injury often miss time from work because of it. The injuries suffered can cause you to be unable to work, or you may need to miss work to attend medical appointments because of the injuries sustained. The personal injury attorneys at Nadrich & Cohen can help you obtain a financial recovery compensating you for any wages you were unable to earn because of your injuries.
- Loss of earning capacity: As a result of a slip and fall victim’s injuries, the victim may be unable to work ever again, or unable to ever do the job they used to again. A Salinas slip and fall accident attorney at Nadrich & Cohen can help you get compensated for any loss of your earning capacity caused by your injuries.
- Pain and suffering: The injured person in a slip and fall accident often experiences physical pain and mental suffering, and our Salinas slip and fall law firm can help you obtain financial compensation for any pain and suffering related to your injuries.
- Wrongful death: Unfortunately, sometimes slip and fall accidents lead to death. If you have lost a loved one to a slip and fall accident, no amount of money can bring your loved one back, but, in order to prevent you from experiencing financial hardship, we can help you obtain financial compensation for funeral and burial expenses, the loss of your loved one’s love and companionship, the loss of your loved one’s wages, any medical bills your loved one incurred from the fall, any pain and suffering your loved one experienced due to the fall, and more.
What To Do After A Slip And Fall Accident
At Nadrich & Cohen, what we value most is your well-being and safety. If you have slipped and fallen and been injured:
- Don’t wait to receive medical attention, even if you don’t think your injuries are that serious. The property owner’s insurance company can claim something other than your fall caused your injuries if you wait too long to seek medical attention.
- File a report with the property owner or store manager.
- Get the names, addresses and phone numbers of any witnesses to your fall.
- Take pictures of the scene of your accident as well as anything which may have played a role in your slip and fall. For example, if there’s spilled liquid on the ground without a sign warning about it, take a picture of it.
- Fill out an accident report if you’re asked to, and request a copy of the report. If you’re not asked to, write down what happened and keep it for yourself, and do this right away as memories fade quickly.
- Get the job title and name of any employee who you talk to.
- Look for cameras near the accident scene. Take pictures of the cameras. Your lawyer may request footage from the cameras to bolster your case.
- Don’t post anything about your accident on social media, as insurance companies look at accident victims’ social media to try to find accidentally incriminating information. Be careful in general about what you post on social media, as insurance companies are watching you, hoping you post something they can use to pay you less for your injuries.
- Keep all expense receipts, medical records, and the shoes and clothes you wore when you slipped and fell. This is all evidence which can make your slip and fall accident case stronger.
- Don’t speak with insurance companies, the property owner or any of their representatives. Don’t say anything about the accident while you’re being recorded. Leave dealing with the insurance companies to your lawyer.
- Call Nadrich & Cohen as soon as possible for a free consultation.
Call Nadrich & Cohen for a free review of your case right away if you’ve been injured after slipping and falling. Our Salinas law firm has been helping slip and fall accident victims receive the most compensation and the finest medical treatment for over 30 years. And remember: we won’t charge you if we don’t win your case. Call us today.
Is Someone Else At Fault For My Slip And Fall Accident?
Your slip and fall accident may be the fault of the owner of the property that you slipped and fell on. If this is the case, the property owner is financially liable for any damages you sustain as a result of your injuries.
Nadrich & Cohen Accident Injury Lawyers
The property owner is at fault for your injuries if:
- A condition on their property was unreasonably dangerous
- They knew or should have known about the condition
- They failed to warn about, protect against harm from or fix the condition
Call us today for a free consultation if you were injured in a slip and fall accident which you believe was the property owner’s fault.
How Long Do Slip And Fall Cases Take?
There is no one-size-fits all answer to this question, as every slip and fall case will take a different amount of time based on the individual circumstances of the case.
Most people who experience a slip and fall accident in Salinas, CA will be impatient for their case to settle. Your family may be in debt due to lost wages and medical expenses. However, you shouldn’t need to pay medical bills if your accident wasn’t your fault.
Unfortunately, you need to wait for your slip and fall case to reach a settlement or jury verdict before you can receive financial compensation from any at-fault parties.
The amount of time you’ll need to wait will vary from case to case. While some cases are settled within months, many other cases take over a year to settle. Delays may occur in your case due to:
- How long it takes you to recover: Cases typically don’t end until the injury victim reaches maximum medical improvement, meaning they fully recovered or recovered as much as can be reasonably expected. Settling before you reach maximum medical improvement risks receiving a settlement which doesn’t cover all of your losses. A longer recovery time means a longer case.
- Complex factors: The more complex your case is, the longer it will likely take to settle. Complex cases can involve severe injuries, numerous defendants, comparative negligence or liability disputes.
- Trial vs. settlement: Most of our cases settle out of court because insurance companies know about our track record of success and know that taking us on in court is a waste of their time and money. However, if your case needs to go to trial, it will probably take longer to resolve than a case which is settled out of court.
Typical slip and fall claims involve an insurance claim being filed, an insurance company investigation, acceptance or denial of the claim by the insurance company, and negotiations regarding a settlement. Slip and fall cases sometimes end up in court when negotiations fail or insurance companies deny claims. Slip and fall lawsuits can be composed of discovery, pretrial motions, a mediation phase and a trial. A slip and fall lawyer in Salinas can assist you and make legal processes like these go by more quickly.
How Long Do I Have To File A Slip And Fall Lawsuit?
California has a time limit regarding the filing of personal injury lawsuits such as slip and fall lawsuits. That time limit is two years from the date of the injury. The time limit is known as a statute of limitations.
Failure to file a lawsuit within this time period can forever prevent you from obtaining the financial compensation you deserve for your injuries.
It can take a long time to put together a convincing slip and fall case, submit the case to an insurance company, negotiate a settlement, and file a lawsuit if negotiations fail. Calling us today gives the the most time possible to put together the most convincing case possible for you and ensure that your legal rights are protected, so call us today for a free consultation.
Why Do I Need A Slip And Fall Lawyer in Salinas?
The best chance you have to receive full, fair compensation for your injuries and hold at-fault parties responsible for your injuries is to work with a Salinas slip and fall attorney. Slip and fall incidents can often be quite severe, leading to long-term injuries which cause emotional trauma and necessitate years of rehab.
Contact our Salinas slip and fall lawyers today in order to seek financial compensation for lost wages, pain, suffering, medical bills and more. Slip and fall cases can be very complicated. An experienced Salinas slip and fall attorney can assist you with navigation of the legal system.
If you don’t have medical insurance, contacting our lawyers immediately will make sure you’re properly represented after an accident. We will handle every aspect of negotiations so you can focus on recovering and rehabilitating from your injuries.
It is almost always an insurance company who ends up paying slip and fall victims for their injuries. However, insurance companies won’t pay slip and fall victims what they deserve for their injuries unless they are made to. The only way to make them is to threaten a lawsuit over lowball offers. If you don’t have a lawyer, the insurance company knows you can’t win a lawsuit, so they’ll never offer you anything more than a fraction of what you deserve.
Insurance adjusters are trained to trick you into saying things they can take advantage of in order to pay you less for your injuries or pay you nothing at all. Therefore, it’s vital that you be represented by a lawyer who can handle all communications and negotiations with insurance companies for you.
We will handle all discussions with insurance companies, insurance adjusters, and the insurance companies’ lawyers for you, always keeping your best interests in mind. We won’t charge you a fee unless we win your case and we won’t ever charge an upfront fee.
If you want to talk with an attorney, our lawyers will answer all of your questions. We will address any concerns or questions about the slip and fall legal process and the right you have to be compensated for your injuries. We will make sure you have a thorough understanding of any details involved in your case.
If you or a loved one was injured in a slip and fall accident which was someone else’s fault, call us today or text us from this page. You might be entitled to financial compensation.