There were 40 truck accidents in Salinas, CA from 2015 to 2020, leading to 52 injuries and two deaths.
Truck accident injuries can be especially severe because large trucks weigh so much. Large truck accidents involve tremendous forces due to the weight of the trucks, and serious injuries are often the result.
The Salinas truck accident lawyers at Nadrich & Cohen are actively representing truck accident victims. If you’ve been injured in a truck accident, we can help you obtain financial compensation for your medical bills, loss of earning capacity, loss of wages, pain and suffering, and more.
If you can’t afford treatment for your truck accident injuries, a truck accident attorney at Nadrich & Cohen can get you to the best doctors in Monterey County who will treat you on a lien, meaning you don’t have to pay for treatment until your case is over.
Best of all, the Salinas truck accident attorneys at Nadrich & Cohen are contingency fee lawyers. This means that you won’t be charged a fee for us to represent you until and unless we recover financial compensation for you. Our only fee is a portion of any financial recovery we obtain, so you won’t ever owe us a penny out of your own pocket.
Call us today or text us from this page for a free consultation if you or a loved one was injured or killed in a truck accident in Salinas. You may be eligible for financial compensation.
Do I Need A Salinas Truck Accident Attorney?
A truck accident claim can be extremely complicated. Numerous defendants may be involved, such as:
- The truck driver
- A trucking company who employs truck drivers
- Anybody who loaded the truck if the trucking accident was the result of loose cargo
- Leasing companies, when drivers work independently
- Truck manufacturers, in truck accident claims involving mechanical defects
You may end up having three, four or more defendants in the event you file a truck accident injury claim.
You’re probably dealing with severe injuries if you or a loved one was hurt in a truck accident. You’re probably extremely stressed out because you have medical bills to pay and may not be able to work to pay them off because of your injuries. This is not the time to have to deal with a complicated legal matter like this by yourself. An experienced truck accident attorney at Nadrich & Cohen can fight for you and recover the just, fair compensation you deserve.
We can handle every single aspect of your case for you so you can concentrate on recovering from your injuries. Our experienced truck accident attorneys have the resources and experience to handle cases involving numerous defendants and have a thorough understanding of all applicable federal and state laws regarding truck drivers and their trucks.
Nadrich & Cohen Accident Injury Lawyers
Most truck accident cases end up with injury victims being paid by insurance companies. The trucking companies’ insurance companies do not want to pay a truck accident victim what they deserve for their injuries, and they won’t unless they’re made to. The only way to make them pay you what you deserve is to threaten a lawsuit or sue them, so they know that they don’t have to pay you what you’re entitled to under California law if you don’t have a lawyer, since you can’t win a lawsuit against them without an attorney. It is very common for an insurance company involved in a commercial truck accident to offer an injury victim a fraction of what they deserve, only to end up offering them a fair settlement offer once the victim hires a lawyer. Almost all of the commercial truck accident claims we handle end up settling out of court because insurance companies know us and know that if we sue them, we’ll win.
In addition, insurance companies are very, very good at tricking you into saying things they can take advantage of in order to pay you less money or not pay you any money at all. You shouldn’t ever talk with the at-fault party’s insurance company after an accident, as they will record your statements and use every little thing you say against you. You should leave talking to insurance companies to an experienced truck accident lawyer like the lawyers at the personal injury law firm of Nadrich & Cohen.
Call us today for a free consultation if you or a loved one was hurt or killed in a truck crash. We’ll take care of every aspect of your case for you, talk with the insurance companies for you, make sure the insurance companies don’t rip you off with their settlement offers and, if necessary, take your case to trial.
When you hire Nadrich & Cohen, we will:
- Provide you with a no-obligation, free case review
- Listen to what you have to say and answer any questions you have
- Make sure you understand your legal options and rights
- Perform a thorough case investigation
- Collect and assemble any evidence that is relevant
- Negotiate with insurance companies for you to maximize your financial recovery
- Represent you in court, if necessary
Truck Accident Compensation
Salinas truck accidents can leave their victims with many damages to their pocketbook and quality of life. If you’ve been injured in a large truck accident, we can help you obtain financial compensation for:
- Medical expenses: Common truck accident injuries such as traumatic brain injuries, broken bones, neck injuries and back injuries can leave their victims owing a lot of money in medical bills. Victims of truck accidents can even face ongoing medical treatment which continues well past the end of their case. We can help you obtain compensation for any medical bills you’re already facing as well as any medical bills you may face in the future related to your accident.
- Damage to property: We can help you obtain financial compensation for any property damage sustained in the crash, including automobile damage.
- Pain and suffering: When a truck strikes a passenger vehicle because of truck driver fatigue, overloading or other common truck accident causes, the passenger vehicle’s occupants are often hurt badly, leading to physical pain and mental suffering. We can help you get compensated for your physical pain, psychological suffering and any physical limitations caused by your accident.
- Lost wages: A truck accident case will often involve a truck accident victim having to miss time from work because of their accident, whether it be because they can’t work due to their injuries or because they had to attend medical appointments. We can get you compensated for any time you miss from work.
- Loss of earning capacity: Truck accidents can lead to catastrophic injuries which can diminish victims’ ability to make a living. We can obtain compensation for you if you’ve been left unable to work for good, or if you can no longer do the work you used to.
- Changes to your lifestyle: Trucking accidents can cause debilitating injuries which can cause their victims to lose enjoyment of their life, and we can get you compensated for any lifestyle changes necessitated by a truck accident.
- Life care: Commercial truck accidents often leave victims badly injured and they may require non-medical needs which are ongoing as a result. You may be compensated for these needs.
- Punitive damages: Truck accident litigation doesn’t always involve punitive damages. However, in some cases, a truck accident lawsuit may lead to a court awarding punitive damages to a plaintiff to punish a defendant for reckless or intentional acts.
- Wrongful death: While most truck accidents don’t lead to deaths, many do due to the tremendous forces involved. A wrongful death claim could see you compensated for funeral expenses, burial expenses, the loss of your loved one’s income, your loved one’s medical bills, your loved one’s pain and suffering, the loss of your loved one’s love and companionship, and more.
What Should I Do After A Truck Accident?
- Stay safe: Your number one priority is the safety of yourself and those around you. Get medical attention if you’re hurt.
- Watch what you say: Don’t admit fault or apologize to anyone. Anything you say can be used against you when it comes time to seek financial compensation from an insurance company.
- Call 911: You must call law enforcement if anyone has been hurt or killed, or if $1,000 or more of property damage has occurred, by law. You’ll also want the police to show up and write up a police report, which you should request a copy of, since police reports can be critical for recovering compensation from insurance companies.
- Get the truck driver’s info: Get the driver’s license number, license plate number, insurance information and truck registration. Don’t argue with any drivers about fault.
- Get witness info: Get the contact information of any witnesses to the accident.
- Gather evidence: Take photos of the site of the accident, including photos of injuries, property damage, street lights, roadway conditions, weather conditions, traffic signs, traffic signals, etc.
- Seek immediate medical attention: Seek medical attention quickly even if you don’t think you’re hurt. It’s important to have any injuries documented by a healthcare provider as quickly as possible so insurance companies can’t claim those injuries weren’t caused by your accident.
- Call Nadrich & Cohen: Call us before speaking with any insurance adjusters. Let us talk with insurance companies for you so you don’t accidentally say anything to them that implies you’re at fault for your accident, or that your injuries aren’t as bad as you claim.
California Truck Accident Statute Of Limitations
When it comes to your Salinas truck accident claim, you should not take time for granted. Accident victims, under California law, usually have two years from the date of the accident to file negligence claims in the civil court system, barring few exceptions.
This time limit might expire prior to you having a chance to file a lawsuit against a trucking company. Your claim might be dismissed by the court as a result.
Don’t waste time after a truck accident. You or your loved one should call a truck accident lawyer in Salinas like the lawyers at the law firm of Nadrich & Cohen now.
Common Reasons For Truck Accidents
Federal regulation of the trucking industry exists to make sure that truck drivers and others on roadways are safe. Those who don’t follow these regulations are negligent, and their negligence can cause catastrophic injuries. For example, truck drivers who are forced to drive for too long may fall asleep while driving or drive carelessly due to fatigue. A failure to follow weight restrictions or load cargo properly can lead to cargo dislodging on the road, or can lead to trucks jackknifing, striking those around them in the process. Speeding in order to meet impractical deadlines, drunk driving and distracted driving are other common examples of negligence by truckers.
We have experienced tremendous success in representing truck accident victims because we meticulously investigate what caused truck accidents. After commercial truck accidents, we investigate every fact to figure out if the accident was the result of driver negligence or if another factor like a defective truck part was involved. Multiple parties can be at fault for semi truck accidents. Our experienced truck accident attorneys in Salinas handle truck accident cases aggressively to ensure each and every negligent party is held responsible.
Call A Truck Accident Lawyer in Salinas, CA At Nadrich & Cohen Today
We have been successfully recovering financial compensation for truck accident victims since 1990. Our firm has recovered over $350,000,000 on behalf of our clients in that time.
We have recovered countless settlements and awards for truck accident victims, including:
- $4,200,000 for a truck passenger who became a quadriplegic after an accident with a different truck
- $1,500,000 for the death of a 15-year-old boy who was killed after the truck he was in was struck by another truck on the freeway
- $545,000 for a pedestrian who was struck by a truck
Our vast experience in handling truck accident claims for decades allows us to recover the maximum financial compensation possible for our clients.
Don’t settle for just any lawyers if you’ve been hurt in a truck accident. Hire the experienced truck accident experts at Nadrich & Cohen so you can obtain full and fair compensation for your medical bills, pain, suffering, lost wages and more.
Call us today for a free consultation.