The herbicide paraquat has been linked to Parkinson’s disease and other health problems. If you or a loved one was exposed to paraquat and are suffering health issues as a result, Nadrich & Cohen can pursue compensation for your losses.
If you have any questions about paraquat, how you may have been exposed, and what types of compensation you may receive, we have answers. A Santa Rosa paraquat lawyer from our personal injury firm is ready to help you.
What to Know About Paraquat Toxicity
There are now well-established links between paraquat, a popular herbicide, and health conditions like Parkinson’s disease. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) explains that paraquat is:
- “A toxic chemical”
- Classified for “restricted use” by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- “Highly poisonous”
- Despite these dangers, widely used in America
There is no doubt about the danger that paraquat poses. As the Journal of Medical Toxicology explains, the European Union banned paraquat from markets in 2007, citing evidence of its toxicity as the rationale.
Unintentionally ingesting paraquat can be fatal. Most legal cases, though, involve unintentional exposure to dangerous amounts of paraquat.
Parkinson’s Disease and Other Health Conditions from Paraquat Exposure
Nature explains that several studies have linked pesticide exposure, and paraquat exposure in particular, to the onset of Parkinson’s disease. As Healthline explains, dangerous exposure to paraquat may also cause:
- Abdominal pain
- Pain and swelling in your mouth and throat
- Bloody diarrhea
- Lung scarring
- Organ failure
Whether in short order or over time, paraquat exposure can be fatal. As Mayo Clinic explains, Parkinson’s disease is a debilitating condition that generally worsens over time. Symptoms that you may experience from Parkinson’s disease include:
- Changes in your speech, including slurring
- Muscle stiffness
- Lessened mobility
The symptoms of Parkinson’s disease can completely change your life. They may rob you of independence, physical abilities, relationships and your pre-Parkinson’s lifestyle.
Who Is Liable for My Exposure to Harmful Paraquat?
Liability for your Paraquat exposure may fall upon agriculture company Syngenta or another manufacturer of paraquat. Manufacturers distribute the herbicide under several different brand names.
Nadrich & Cohen Accident Injury Lawyers
Liability varies in each civil case. Our firm may determine liability in your case by:
- Learning the circumstances of your paraquat exposure
- Tracing the origins of the paraquat that may have caused your (or a loved one’s) health problems
- Working to determine who manufactured the paraquat in question
Those who manufacture and distribute herbicides have several duties. They must conduct thorough testing on the herbicide, determine whether the herbicide is safe to sell to the public, and issue all necessary warnings to those who purchase the herbicide.
Your Lawyer Will Hold the Responsible Parties Liable
Considering that paraquat is widely accepted to be a toxic chemical, a Santa Rosa paraquat lawyer can argue that manufacturers have been negligent in distributing paraquat to the public. Let Nadrich & Cohen review your case and prepare a legal strategy for you.
Nadrich & Cohen Will Lead Your Paraquat Lawsuit in Santa Rosa
Clients value Nadrich & Cohen for our resources, experience and tireless work ethic. We know this because client testimonials tell us so:
- “The attorneys and paralegals never rushed to get me off the phone. They took their time to answer questions and address all of my concerns. That really meant a lot to me and made me feel secure in my decision to hire them to represent me and my family.” – Jeremy K., former client
- “Hiring Nadrich & Cohen lifted a huge weight off of my shoulders. They handled the bullies at the insurance company and let me rest.” – A. Slate, former client
- “They made it very easy to hire them. I called for a free consultation and had them send me the paperwork. I hired them in less than an hour after my first conversation with the attorney.” – Tom S., former client
We want to make the legal process as easy for you as possible. Our team will handle as much of your lawsuit as we possibly can. If we need you to give a statement, or we need to consult you about decisions in your case, we’ll work to make your involvement as convenient as possible.
How Nadrich & Cohen Assists Those Bringing a Paraquat Lawsuit
Our team will handle your case from start to finish. Paraquat lawsuits generally require us to:
- Investigate the nature of your exposure: Making an effective case starts with understanding your story. We’ll work with you and our experts to determine how your paraquat exposure happened.
- Gather evidence for your case: We’ll speak with witnesses, conduct all necessary testing, and obtain any other evidence that may be useful to your case.
- Determine liability: Those liable for your paraquat exposure may become defendants in your lawsuit.
- Seek a fair settlement: Before we consider going to trial, we’ll negotiate for a fair settlement.
- Handle any necessary trial: If your case does require us to go to trial, expect us to represent you throughout court proceedings.
Issues of agriculture, chemistry and geology may all be relevant to your case. These topics can be complex, and we’ll hire any experts that can lend credence to your lawsuit. We will spare no expense in presenting the strongest case that we can.
Recoverable Damages in Your Paraquat Lawsuit in Santa Rosa
If we win your case, then you may get compensation to cover medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost income, lost earning power, and other damages you’ve experienced. We’ll project the cost of any future damages you’re likely to suffer.
Paraquat exposure can cause death. If your loved one passed away or passes away from their paraquat exposure, we’ll handle your wrongful death action. You may receive compensation for loss of spousal companionship, loss of parental guidance, funeral costs, healthcare expenses, pain and suffering, and other damages.
Call Nadrich & Cohen Today to Start Your Sonoma County Paraquat Lawsuit
Paraquat exposure causes life-changing health consequences. A paraquat lawyer from Nadrich & Cohen will work to secure justice for you. Our firm has the utmost compassion for those we represent, and you can expect memorable client service from every member of our team.
Call Nadrich & Cohen today for a free consultation about your case in California. We may face a deadline for filing your case, so don’t wait to call.