California law states property owners must take care of their property. This means ensuring the property is free from hazards that could cause injury to guests and other people. However, many property owners neglect their responsibility, and as a result, people get hurt. Those injured due to this negligence can hold the property owners accountable for their injuries and other damages.
You or a loved one may be a victim of an accident on personal property. If so, you might decide to reach out to a Santa Rosa premises liability lawyer to pursue damages for your injuries. Our team at Nadrich & Cohen is here to help you take care of your legal matters so that you can focus on recovery.
What Damages Can I Claim in a California Premises Liability Case?
As a result of your accident, you may be struggling with pain and finances from a lengthy and costly recovery. You can pursue personal injury damages through and injury claim or lawsuit against the liable party in your case. Although this may sound daunting, you don’t have to handle it all by yourself.
A Santa Rosa premises liability attorney can help you determine which damages you can seek. Your list of damages may include:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Any mental anguish your pain or experience caused
- Lost earnings due to an inability to work
- Medical bills for your treatment
- Any bills for services related to rehabilitation, such as physical therapy
- Bills for any assistive devices you may need, such as a wheelchair
- Bills for any of your personal property that was damaged in the accident
Damages in a Wrongful Death Case
Some premises liability incidents are fatal. In such a case, a close family member of the victim can file a wrongful death lawsuit and seek other damages. If you have a wrongful death case, you can seek damages for:
- The deceased loved one’s physical pain before passing
- Your mental anguish due to the loss
- The loved one’s lost income for your family
- The loved one’s unresolved medical bills for any treatment
- Your loss of companionship and consortium
- Your children’s loss of parental support
- Cost of the funeral and related costs
We know how difficult this time is, and we know compensation does not make up for the loss of a beloved family member. You still deserve justice, and we will fight for the compensation that you need to help ease the financial burdens of your loved one’s passing.
Negligence in Your Santa Rosa Premises Liability Case
You may be unsure whether the other party in your case is responsible for your damages. This party can be held responsible as long as they were negligent and this negligence led to your incident and injuries. In your case, the other party may have been negligent by:
- Leaving potentially hazardous clutter on personal property
- Leaving a slippery substance on a walking surface
- Not maintaining equipment at a recreation facility
- Not hiring adequate security for a building
- Leaving a swimming pool unsupervised
- Leaving a property susceptible in some way to a fire, a flood, or toxic fumes
- Letting a dangerous dog off the leash on personal property
- Not taking action in response to customer complaints of potential danger
Nadrich & Cohen Accident Injury Lawyers
Evidence of Negligence
As your legal representative, we will have to find evidence of the other party’s negligence. This evidence will help to establish the other party’s liability for your damages. Evidence in your case could be:
- Photos of the other party’s personal property
- Time logs of the other party’s employees
- Security camera footage of the accident
- Prior reports of a dog owner’s negligence
- Equipment maintenance reports
- Customer complaint logs
- Your medical bills
- The police report
Representing Your Interests in a Premises Liability Case
Once you begin working with a Santa Rosa premises liability lawyer from our firm, they can work on assessing damages and gathering evidence. Our lawyers can also file your insurance claim or lawsuit and pursue a settlement.
Negotiation involves the two parties in the dispute sitting down and trying to agree on a solution or agreement on their own. This can be complicated. Often, insurance companies argue against a claimant’s damages and case, but your lawyer will be there to assist by defending you and the evidence. If necessary, your lawyer may threaten to take the insurer to court, which sometimes may be enough to convince the insurer to settle the case to avoid a lengthy trial.
When the two parties cannot come to an agreement, they may end up in the litigation process. Regardless of the situation, your premises liability lawyer in Santa Rosa will provide guidance on how to resolve your case fairly.
The deadline for filing a personal injury suit in California is two years from the date of an accident, per CCP § 335.1. Your lawyer will be able to assist you in making sure that these deadlines are met.
Contact Nadrich & Cohen Today to Begin Your Premises Liability Case
Since 1990, the attorneys at our firm have been fighting for people like you throughout California. To date, they have recovered over $350,000,000 for our clients and their families, and have held many negligent property owners accountable for their actions. If you or a family member suffered from a property owner’s negligence, reach out to us today. You can expect your premises liability lawyer to be resourceful and committed to recovering your due damages.
There’s no risk since your attorney will work for you on a contingency-fee-basis. Since you won’t pay us any upfront or ongoing fees, you can put your finances toward your treatment and your family. We can tell you more during a free initial consultation with a member of our team. During this free confidential consultation, we’ll also review your case and advise you on how best to proceed. Do not hesitate to contact Nadrich & Cohen today to learn more.