Slip and fall accidents are one of the most common reasons for hospitalization in the United States: over nine million ER visits every year are caused by falls. These accidents are the number one cause of death for Americans over the age of 65, and are the number one cause of traumatic brain injuries in America. Slip and fall accidents can cause other severe injuries, such as broken bones.
Since slip and fall accidents can cause such severe injuries, they can often lead to gargantuan medical bills. Paying these bills can be difficult under normal circumstances, but paying them can become impossible if you’re also unable to work due to your injuries.
That’s where the Susanville slip and fall attorneys at Nadrich & Cohen come in. We can force the insurance companies to pay you every dollar you’re entitled to for your injuries under the law, and we can get you to the best doctors in the state who won’t charge you until your case is over.
Our aggressive, experienced slip and fall lawyers in Lassen County have a 30+ year track record of success representing injured clients. We’ve recovered over half a billion dollars for our clients in that time.
We don’t charge a fee for our services until and unless we obtain financial compensation for you. Our only fee is a percentage of any recovery we obtain for you. This means anyone can afford us, as our representation in a slip and fall claim or lawsuit is essentially free.
Call us today at (530) 296-1202 or text us from this page for a free consultation if you or a loved one was injured in a slip and fall accident in Susanville or Lassen County. You may be eligible for a financial recovery.
Can I Sue Over My Susanville Slip And Fall Accident?
You have a valid claim for compensation for your slip and fall accident, and can file a lawsuit, if your slip and fall was the result of someone else’s negligence.
If you injured yourself in a slip and fall accident that wasn’t your fault, our team of Lassen County slip and fall lawyers, experts and investigators have the knowledge and resources to prove that:
- A dangerous condition existed
- The property owner, lessee or controller knew or should have known the dangerous condition existed
- The property owner, lessee or controller failed to correct the condition despite having enough time to fix it, or failed to warn about the condition
Examples of dangerous conditions which can lead to slips, trips and falls include:
- Spilled liquids
- Inadequately lit locations, especially stairwells
- Torn flooring
- Construction sites which aren’t properly roped off
- Wet floors
- Uneven sidewalks
- Dangerously placed electrical cords
- Icy surfaces
- Crumbling sidewalks
- Uneven flooring
- Missing or broken staircase rails
- Broken stairs
Nadrich & Cohen Accident Injury Lawyers
Property owners, lessees and controllers in California are responsible for ensuring that properties are safe for anyone who enter them, and are liable for any injuries caused by unsafe conditions they should have fixed or warned about.
How Much Is My Slip And Fall Case Worth?
The amount of money our Susanville slip and fall lawyers can recover for you depends on the individual circumstances of your accident and injuries. Calculating the value of a slip and fall case can be very complex and difficult without the help of experienced lawyers like Nadrich & Cohen. Some of the things which can add to the value of your slip and fall case include:
- Past and future medical bills
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Expenses caused by your accident, such as child care while you’re unable to care for your children
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Wrongful death – these damages are paid to the family of a loved one who dies from a slip and fall accident
- Punitive damages – these are sometimes awarded when a defendant’s conduct showed a willful and wanton disregard for others’ safety
Medical bill damages and lost earning damages can be difficult to calculate if you were working at the time of the accident or if you need long-term medical treatment after the accident. Our experienced Lassen County slip and fall attorneys can calculate these damages for you to make sure you obtain the largest possible recovery.
Do I Need A Slip And Fall Lawyer?
You need a slip and fall lawyer by your side if you want to be compensated fully and fairly for your injuries. Insurance companies will not pay you what you deserve if you don’t have a lawyer.
Put yourself in an insurance adjuster’s shoes for a moment. Your job is to minimize your employers’ financial liability. You know your employer has expensive, strong, experienced corporate lawyers at their side. You know that injury victims can’t beat them in court without a lawyer. Are you going to offer an injury victim a fair settlement, or are you going to offer them a small fraction of what they deserve and dare them to take your employers to court over it? Naturally, you’ll do the latter to protect your employers’ profits. That’s your job.
Thus, being represented by experienced lawyers in Nadrich & Cohen who have a proven track record of taking on Fortune 500 companies in court and winning is crucial if you want an insurance company to respect you enough to offer you a fair settlement.
Not only will insurance companies not offer you a fair amount if you don’t have a lawyer, but they also train their adjusters to trick you into admitting fault for your own injuries. They are very good at this, so they can even trick you into admitting fault when you’re not at fault. Thus, you need experienced attorneys like Nadrich & Cohen to deal with insurance companies for you while you focus on recovering from your slip and fall injuries.
What Should I Do After A Slip And Fall Accident?
The most important thing to do after a slip and fall accident is to seek medical attention, even if you don’t think you’re hurt. Many accident victims don’t realize they’re hurt until days or weeks after an accident. Insurance companies can claim your injuries were caused by something other than your slip and fall accident if you wait too long to seek medical attention.
In addition to seeking medical treatment immediately:
- Take pictures of the accident scene, including pictures of anything which may have caused you to fall
- File a report with the owner or manager of the property/store
- Get the job title and name of anyone you talk to
- Get the contact information of any witnesses to your fall
- Look for cameras which may have seen your fall, and photograph them
- Fill out an accident report if you’re asked to, and request a copy of it
- Keep the clothes and shoes you were wearing when you fell, all expense receipts related to your fall and all medical records in a secure place – this is all important evidence
- Don’t speak to insurance companies, property owners or property representatives – let lawyers do this for you
- Do not post about your accident on social media
- Call the experienced slip and fall accident lawyers at Nadrich & Cohen immediately
Susanville Slip And Fall Attorneys
Insurance companies keep records about the lawyers they deal with. When insurance companies look at their records on us, they see we have a 30+ year track record of successfully holding negligent parties responsible for our clients’ injuries. They look at their records on us and immediately realize they can’t win in court against us. This is why almost all of our cases are settled out of court for the fair amount our clients deserve.
Call us today at (530) 296-1202 for a free consultation if you or a loved one was injured or killed in a slip and fall accident in Susanville. You may be entitled to financial compensation.