Nadrich & Cohen is representing those who have been injured in Tesla battery fires.
Tesla electric cars are powered by lithium ion batteries. Lithium ion batteries can cause fires when they are defective, made from low quality materials, are built incorrectly, are recharged or used incorrectly, or get damaged, according to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
If you have been injured in a Tesla car battery fire, it may be Tesla’s fault, and we may be able to recover financial compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain, suffering and more.
We have been representing injury victims since 1990. We have recovered over $350,000,000 for our clients in that time. Helping injury victims recover compensation for their injuries is our primary focus and we are experts at it. Our experience and expertise mean we can obtain the largest possible financial recovery for your Tesla fire injuries.
We will not charge victims of electric car battery fires a fee to represent them until and unless we obtain money for them. This means that we won’t charge you a fee until we win your car fire case.
Call us today for a free consultation or text us from this page if you or a loved one was injured in a fire caused by a battery in a Tesla model. You can also fill out the free case evaluation form on this page. You may qualify for financial compensation.
Tesla Battery Fire Compensation
If you have been injured in a Tesla vehicle fire caused by a battery, our Tesla fire attorneys may be able to help you recover compensation for:
- Medical bills: When Tesla batteries catch fire, severe injuries may result. You may be facing huge medical bills after spending time in a burn unit. You may also require ongoing treatment for your injuries. You may qualify for compensation for any past and future medical expenses connected with your battery fire.
- Lost wages: Car fires involving Tesla car batteries can cause people to miss time from work, whether it be because they’re too injured to work or because they have to take time off for medical treatment. You might qualify to be compensated for any wages you’ve been unable to earn because of a battery fire.
- Loss of earning capacity: Fires involving Tesla vehicles may cause people to be injured so badly they can never work again, or can never do the job they used to again. You may be eligible for compensation for any loss or reduction of your earning capacity caused by a Tesla battery catching fire.
- Pain and suffering: Fires in electric vehicles may cause physical pain and mental suffering, and we may be able to help you get compensated for this pain and suffering.
- Disfigurement: Unfortunately, many people who are involved in vehicles end up permanently disfigured. This can have a terrible effect on someone’s quality of life. You may qualify for financial compensation for the effect that disfigurement has on your life.
- Wrongful death: You may have lost a loved one to a Tesla battery fire. If this is the case, while financial compensation can’t bring your loved one back, it can help make sure you don’t go through financial distress due to the death of your loved one. We may be able to secure compensation for you for your loved one’s medical bills, funeral costs, burial costs, pain and suffering. We might be able to recover for you compensation for the loss of your loved one’s love, companionship, household services and income.
How Much Do Our Tesla Battery Fire Lawyers Cost?
We will not charge you any fee to represent you until and unless we recover financial compensation for you. In other words, we will not charge you a fee until and unless we win your Tesla battery fire case.
We will never charge you any upfront fee. You will never owe us any money out of your own pocket.
How Can Nadrich & Cohen Help Me Win A Tesla Battery Fire Lawsuit?
You may be sure that Tesla owes you financial compensation after a battery fire. However, you might be unsure how one of our lawyers can assist you in recovering that compensation. When you hire Nadrich & Cohen, our experienced, professional team will do the following for you:
- Gather evidence which is relevant in order to support your claim
- Discover what parties are financially liable for your injuries
- Speak with specialists and experts regarding vehicle defects
- Calculate how much non-economic and economic damages you are eligible for compensation for
- Negotiate with the defendant(s) for you
- Determine what kind of defect the fire was caused by
- File a lawsuit if negotiations end up being unsuccessful
It is important for you to hire lawyers with enough resources to handle your case if you’re trying to recover compensation from a large company like Tesla. At Nadrich & Cohen, we have the resources to handle every part of your case, from filing a claim or lawsuit to negotiations to trial.
Why Do Lithium Batteries Catch Fire?
Lithium ion batteries, according to OSHA, are typically safe and are typically unlikely to fail, as long as they aren’t damaged or defective. However, defective or damaged lithium ion batteries can fail, causing Tesla fires.
Lithium ion batteries are composed of interconnected lithium cells. When a lithium cell fails, it releases heat, which can damage the cells nearby. This causes those cells to fail and release heat, and this leads to a chain reaction which is called thermal runaway. Tesla car battery fires may result from thermal runaway.
Lithium cells can fail when they are damaged by physical impacts or punctures, high or low temperatures, or improper charging. They can also fail when chemical reactions occur inside the cells. These reactions involve electrolyte solution and electrode by-products increasing pressure inside a cell until the walls of the cell expand and the by-products, which are often combustible, leak out.
Unfortunately, lithium ion battery fires may cause especially severe injuries and may be especially likely to be fatal since they are very difficult to put out. For one, when lithium comes into contact with water, it produces hydrogen gas, which is extremely flammable. In addition, lithium salts are self-oxidizing, which means they can’t be easily starved of oxygen like traditional fires.
A lithium ion battery fire needs to be put out by cooling the battery, and this requires a ton of water. An Austin Fire Department Division Chief told The Independent that while an average car fire can be put out using 500-1,000 gallons of water, 30,000 to 40,000 gallons of water may be needed to extinguish a Tesla fire.
Call us today for a free consultation if your Tesla caught fire due to a battery fire. You may be eligible for financial compensation for your injuries.
Tesla Battery Fire Lawyer
We have been representing victims of defective vehicles for over three decades. We know all of the ins and outs of defective product liability law in California. We have the experience and knowledge to prove that your injuries were caused by a defective Tesla battery.
In addition, as we’ve been representing injury victims for over 30 years, we’ve built up a large database of all of the finest experts in California in that time. We can call on these experts to testify for you that your injuries were caused by a defective Tesla battery.
We’ve recovered millions of dollars for victims of defective products such as Tesla batteries, including:
- $14,250,000 for a child who took Children’s Motrin and developed Stevens-Johnson syndrome
- $5,000,000 for a woman who used a diet drug and developed primary pulmonary hypertension
- $3,000,000 for a man who developed an infection after a heater-cooler device was used during a surgery
A Tesla fire lawyer at Nadrich & Cohen can take any steps necessary to perform an investigation and prove that your fire was caused by a defective Tesla battery. It’s important that you have an experienced, competent Tesla fire attorney by your side to fight for your right to fair compensation for damages and injuries. We will give you a free consultation where we become able to understand what happened. This lets us identify if your case has merit and understand if a defective battery or Tesla’s negligence caused your injuries. We will then create a legal strategy which will assist in obtaining for you the best possible case outcome.
Call us today for a free consultation if you or a loved one was injured or killed because of a Tesla battery fire. We might be able to recover financial compensation on your behalf.