Landowners and residents who have suffered property damage, business interruption, or evacuation costs due to the Dixie Fire should file a lawsuit against PG&E to recover their financial losses.
PG&E was found responsible for starting the Dixie Fire by a CAL FIRE investigation. Utilities are liable under California law for any damages caused by fires that they are responsible for starting. Filing a Dixie Fire lawsuit can force PG&E to pay you for your property damage, evacuation costs, business losses, and more.
For a free legal consultation, call (800) 718-4658
PG&E has set up a website where Dixie Fire victims can file claims for compensation. However, those who file claims through this website will not be eligible for compensation for evacuation costs and will likely not be paid what they actually deserve for their property damage. PG&E’s claims program appears to be an attempt to get away with paying Dixie Fire victims less than they are entitled to under California law. Those who accept claims through the program are barred from filing lawsuits against PG&E.
If you want to receive all the financial compensation you are entitled to under the law for your Dixie Fire losses, you need to file a Dixie Fire lawsuit against PG&E. The experienced Dixie Fire lawyers at Nadrich & Cohen are currently representing thousands of California wildfire victims, including victims of other wildfires started by PG&E, such as the Camp Fire, Zogg Fire, and Kincade Fire.
FEMA has provided Americans with a helpful guide for rebuilding after a wildfire. Suggestions in the FEMA guide include:
• Creating an area with reduced fire fuels between the wildland and your home
• Treating and maintaining the area of reduced fire fuels
• Making sure the outside materials of your home are made of fire-resistant materials
• Mitigating against potential damage by floods, since charred ground with all of its plant material burned away can be prone to flooding
You should file a Dixie Fire lawsuit if you have suffered financial losses due to the Dixie Fire because filing a Dixie Fire lawsuit is the only way you will recover every penny that you are entitled to under California law for your damages.
PG&E’s Dixie Fire claims website appears to be an attempt to get away with offering Dixie Fire victims lowball compensation offers that don’t represent what California law says the victims are actually entitled to.
There are many issues with PG&E’s Dixie Fire claims program that will prevent Dixie Fire victims from obtaining full compensation for their losses. These issues include PG&E’s claims program:
• NOT paying Dixie Fire victims for the costs of their evacuation
• ONLY paying homeowners $400 per square foot for destroyed homes, a flat $240,000 for manufactured homes, and $150 per square foot for destroyed outbuildings, regardless of the actual cost to replace the homes or outbuildings
• NOT paying homeowners for emotional distress or interest
• ONLY paying renters $140 per square foot for personal property lost, a flat $150,000 for manufactured homes, and $50 per square foot for personal property regarding outbuildings, regardless of the actual cost to replace the items
• NOT paying renters for emotional distress or interest
• DEDUCTING any insurance available rather than the amount paid by insurance, so if you have $300,000 of insurance available, but your insurance only paid you $100,000, the full $300,000 will be unfairly deducted from your payout from PG&E
If you accept a claim filed through PG&E’s claims program, you will be barred from suing them for the rest of the money they will still owe you under California law, and this could be a lot of money.
The only way to obtain all the compensation you deserve for your Dixie Fire losses is to file a lawsuit against PG&E. For that, you’ll need experienced California wildfire lawyers like Nadrich & Cohen by your side.
Our experienced wildfire attorneys have been helping Californians obtain financial compensation from parties who have harmed them since 1990. We have obtained over $350,000,000 on behalf of our clients in that time, and we don’t charge a fee unless and until we win our clients’ cases.
You will only be charged a fee if we obtain financial compensation for you. That fee will merely be a portion of the compensation we obtain for you. This means you will never owe us anything out of pocket.
This means you have nothing to lose by calling us for a free consultation if you or a loved one suffered financial losses due to the Dixie Fire. Let our experienced Dixie Fire attorneys hold PG&E accountable for starting the Dixie Fire and obtain for you the justice and financial compensation you deserve.
Contact the California Wildfire Lawyers at Nadrich & Cohen
Nadrich & Cohen have a wealth of experience in proving that PG&E started the wildfires that caused our clients’ losses, and this experience will allow us to make sure that PG&E pays you every penny that you deserve for your Dixie Fire losses.
Call us today or contact us online for a free consultation if you or a loved one suffered property damage, evacuation costs, or business interruption due to the Dixie Fire. We only charge a fee if we obtain financial compensation for you.