Los Angeles is a car city. It was designed for cars. It is famous for its streets being packed to the brim with cars. Cars are everywhere in Los Angeles, and virtually the entire city gets engulfed in gridlock traffic during rush hour.
Accidents are bound to happen in a city with so many cars on the road. Our tough, experienced car accident lawyers have been helping Angelenos injured in car accidents obtain financial compensation for their medical bills, lost wages and more since 1990.
Our Los Angeles car accident lawyers know what it takes to force insurance companies to offer policy limits settlements and we can obtain a settlement for you on a contingency fee basis, meaning you won’t be charged a fee unless we obtain a recovery. We only charge a fee if we obtain a recovery and the fee is simply a small percentage of the recovery.
If you’re looking for the best car accident lawyer in Los Angeles, call our Los Angeles personal injury lawyers now for a free consultation if you or a loved one was injured or killed in a car accident in Los Angeles. We might be able to obtain financial compensation for your injuries. You can also text us from this page or complete the claim evaluation form on the right.
Why Do I Need A Car Accident Lawyer?
You need a car accident lawyer because insurance companies won’t offer you a fair settlement if you don’t have a lawyer, insurance companies can trick you into implicating your own fault in an accident, and a good car accident lawyer can get you to the best doctors who won’t charge you until your case is over.
Insurance Companies Won’t Respect You Without A Lawyer
Insurance companies have only their profit margin in mind. They won’t offer you a fair settlement if they don’t respect you. They won’t respect you if you don’t have a lawyer.
Why would they respect you without a lawyer? Your only recourse in the event they offer you a tiny, unfair settlement is a lawsuit. They know you can’t beat their lawyers in court if you don’t have lawyers on your side.
Insurance companies don’t just respect Nadrich & Cohen, they fear us. We’ve been handling car insurance cases for 30 years and have developed relationships with all of the best car accident experts in Southern California in that time. Insurance companies know we’ll win in court due to our experience and that of our experts, so they almost always settle out of court with us for the full, fair and just amount our clients deserve.
It’s Dangerous For You To Talk To Insurance Companies
Do not talk to the at-fault driver’s insurance company. Let a lawyer do that for you. Insurance adjusters are trained to manipulate you into implying you’re at fault for an accident. They do this so they don’t have to pay you for your injuries.
We Can Get You To The Best Doctors
Nadrich & Cohen Accident Injury Lawyers
Los Angeles CA 90025
We know all of the best doctors in Southern California. They know the insurance companies fear us. They know almost all of our cases settle out of court. That’s why they’ve agreed to treat our clients without charging them until their case is over.
We can get you the finest medical treatment for your car accident injuries and you won’t even have to pay for it until your case is over.
What Compensation Can A Los Angeles Car Accident Lawyer Obtain For Me?
If you have been injured in a car accident in Los Angeles, CA, you may be eligible for financial compensation for numerous damages, including:
- Medical bills: You have probably already incurred medical bills as a result of your car accident injuries. You may also need future medical care or treatments if your injuries were particularly severe, and this will lead to even more medical bills. Car accident victims also often find themselves unable to pay their medical bills because their injuries have left them unable to work. A car accident attorney at Nadrich & Cohen may be able to recover financial compensation for any medical bills you have already incurred as a result of your auto accident as well as any future medical bills that you may incur due to your personal injury.
- Lost wages: You may have missed time from work due to the injuries sustained in your car accident. You may also have missed time from work due to having to attend medical appointments or treated made necessary by your accident. It is common for a car accident claim to include damages for lost wages. The car accident attorneys at Nadrich & Cohen can help you obtain financial compensation for any time your car crash caused you to miss from work.
- Loss of earning potential: Sometimes victims of motor vehicle accidents end up not being able to do the work they used to, or not being able to work at all due to their injuries. Common car accident injuries such as neck and back injuries can leave victims permanently disabled. The auto accident lawyers at Nadrich & Cohen can help you obtain financial compensation for any loss of earning potential caused by your car accident injuries.
- Pain and suffering: Being in a car accident can be a physically painful and emotionally traumatizing event. While pain and suffering are not objectively measurable damages, an experienced car accident lawyer at Nadrich & Cohen can nonetheless place an accurate value on your pain and suffering for you and obtain financial compensation for any pain and suffering involved in your car accident case.
- Wrongful death: If you have lost a loved one to a car accident in Los Angeles, we are sorry for your loss. The auto accident attorneys at Nadrich & Cohen can help you obtain financial compensation for funeral costs, burial costs, the loss of your loved one’s income, the loss of your loved one’s companionship and love, and more.
What Sources Of Compensation Are Available?
An auto accident attorney at Nadrich & Cohen can identify all sources of financial compensation for you after a car accident. These sources can include:
- The at-fault party’s insurance company: Drivers must carry car insurance under California law. This insurance pays for injuries as well as property damage caused by them. The primary source of financial compensation for an accident victim is usually the at-fault party’s insurance company. Our lawyers will evaluate the at-fault party’s insurance policy and determine if it’s adequate to fully compensate you for your injuries.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage: If the at-fault driver is uninsured, or if their insurance policy is not adequate to fully compensate you for your injuries, a Los Angeles car accident lawyer at Nadrich & Cohen can perform a thorough review of your car insurance policy to determine if you have coverage such as uninsured motorist coverage, underinsured motorist coverage, comprehensive coverage, collision coverage or medical payment coverage.
- Other compensation sources: Other compensation sources sometimes exist in car accident cases, such as when defective car parts or dangerous road conditions are responsible for accidents. Our experienced car accident lawyers can identify any and all parties responsible for your car accident in order to maximize your financial compensation.
What Should I Do After A Car Accident?
The first thing you should do after being in a car accident is to move to safety. You should move yourself and your vehicle, if possible, as far to the roadside as possible.
Do not discuss specifics about the accident with anyone while you wait for police to show up. Doing this could harm your ability to obtain financial compensation for your injuries later on. However, you should obtain the contact information and insurance information of any drivers involved in the accident, and the contact information of any witnesses to the accident.
When the police show up, give them your registration, insurance info and ID. Tell them the facts about how your accident occurred. Take down the name of the police officer, and request a copy of the police report. While police reports are not admissible as evidence in court, they can be vital in terms of convincing insurance companies to compensate you for your injuries.
You should get evaluated by a healthcare provider immediately after your accident, even if you don’t think you’ve been injured. It is common for car accident victims to not realize they’ve been hurt at the scene of an accident due to adrenaline and endorphins, and some injuries take weeks or even months to display symptoms. Insurance companies can deny your personal injury claim, claiming your injuries weren’t caused by your accident if you wait too long to get them documented by a healthcare provider, so it’s vital to seek medical attention as soon as possible.
Finally, call the experienced personal injury law firm of Nadrich & Cohen. We’ve been handling personal injury claims for over 30 years. A personal injury attorney at Nadrich & Cohen can help you open an automobile accident claim with an insurance company. You shouldn’t ever speak with insurance adjusters yourself or sign any insurance companies’ settlement offers yourself. You should instead let Nadrich & Cohen handle communications with insurance companies for you so you don’t incriminate yourself, and you should let our battle-tested, aggressive lawyers negotiate tenaciously for you so you end up with the best settlement possible. Let us handle every aspect of your case for you and take all of the load and stress off of your shoulders while you simply focus on recovering from your injuries.
What If An Accident Was Partially My Fault?
California car accident laws allow those who are partially at fault for accidents to still obtain financial compensation for their injuries in car accident claims or personal injury lawsuits. This is because California is a pure comparative negligence state.
The way pure comparative negligence works is this: in California, if you are found 20 percent at fault for an accident, the damages you can recover are simply reduced by 20 percent. Thus, if you suffered $100,000 in damages and were found 20 percent at fault for the accident, you would be eligible to recover $80,000 in damages.
How We Can Obtain Compensation For Your Injuries
We can obtain compensation for your injuries because California Civil Code Section 1714 (a) holds anyone who causes harm via negligence liable for that harm.
CACI No. 401 states it is negligent to fail to be reasonably careful in preventing harm. Acting and failing to act can both be negligent, as one should do what a reasonably careful person would do and one should not do what a reasonably careful person wouldn’t do.
CACI No. 400 states that to successfully establish a negligence claim one must prove that negligence substantially caused harm.
We can obtain a financial recovery which can help pay for your medical bills, lost wages, loss of earning capacity, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, wrongful death and more by proving that your car accident was the result of somebody else’s negligence.
Los Angeles Car Accident Statistics
There were 30,070 traffic collisions in Los Angeles in 2018, leading to 44,930 people being injured and 292 people being killed, according to UC Berkeley data. 6,553 of the collisions occurred on state highways, 3,294 of the collisions involved pedestrians, 1,890 involved bicycles and 2,085 involved motorcycles.
1,548 of the collisions involved severe injuries.
9,080 of the collisions were broadside collisions, 8,930 of the collisions were rear-end collisions and 3,884 of the collisions were sideswipe collisions.
The time period which saw the most collisions was the time period between 3 PM and 5:59 PM.
8,094 of the collisions involved unsafe speed and 6,796 of the collisions involved automobile right of way violations.
The intersections with the most collisions within 250 feet of the intersection in Los Angeles in 2018 were:
- Florence & Vermont, 31 collisions
- Manchester & Western, 24 collisions
- Highland & Hollywood Bowl, 21 collisions
- Florence & Main, 20 collisions
- Florence & Western, 20 collisions
Los Angeles Car Accident Lawsuits
Car accident cases are our bread and butter at Nadrich & Cohen Accident Injury Lawyers. They have been our primary focus since 1990 and they make up the bulk of our cases. Your injuries deserve better than a jack-of-all-trades lawyer. Your injuries deserve Nadrich & Cohen.
We can obtain fair compensation for your injuries, we can get you to the best doctors and we can do it all without charging you for our services until and unless we obtain a recovery for you.
We and our partners have obtained numerous settlements and victories for car accident victims, including:
- $5,700,000 for the family of a 9-year-old who died in an auto accident
- $4,200,000 for a truck passenger who was hurt in an accident which occurred while he was in the truck’s sleeper compartment
- $1,500,000 for the family of a 15-year-old boy who was a passenger in a truck which was struck by another truck
- $1,000,000 for an injured driver whose vehicle got struck by a motorcycle
- $700,000 for a passenger who was injured and needed neck surgery
Call us now if you or a loved one was injured or killed in a car accident in Los Angeles. We may be able to obtain a financial recovery for you.