As a Lyft driver or passenger, it can be overwhelming to file a claim after an injury. It can get even more confusing when a third party is involved. If you’re dealing with recovery and paying for medical care and car repairs, the last thing you want to do is try to unravel the complicated web of liability that comes with rideshare car accidents.
Thankfully, our car accident lawyers have experience resolving cases like yours. Our Palm Desert Lyft accident lawyer can help you seek compensation from the appropriate parties and handle all other aspects of your case.
Damages You Can Claim After a Lyft Accident in Palm Desert
You can experience a variety of losses after an accident. Some of them are more difficult to value, but that doesn’t make them less of a loss. The potential damages available for recovery generally fall into two categories.
These are financial losses that can generally be tracked with documentation. Examples include:
- Hospital visits
- Medical treatment
- Ambulance rides
- Prescription drugs
- Physical therapy or rehab
- Temporary cost of transportation
- Lost wages or benefits
Our team will use receipts, bills, payment stubs, medical records, and other documents to establish the extent of your economic damages.
Nadrich & Cohen Accident Injury Lawyers
Palm Desert, CA 92260
These cover your non-financial losses that are more subjective in nature. These damages may include:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life
- Loss of consortium
Non-monetary hardships may be more challenging to recognize than monetary damages. Our attorney can review your case to figure out which losses you can recover, including some that might not fit precisely into this list.
How a Palm Desert Lyft Accident Lawyer Can Strengthen Your Case
While you are not obligated to hire legal help to lead your compensation claim, doing so can help you take advantage of the knowledge, experience, and resources Lyft accident attorneys from our firm have at their disposal.
When you work with a Lyft accident attorney from Nadrich & Cohen Accident Injury Lawyers, we may be able to help your case in the following ways:
- Our team can evaluate the facts of your case to assess a settlement value
- We will determine who holds liability for your accident and the resulting injuries
- We will collect evidence to support your claim
- We will interview witnesses, so you don’t have to relive your accident
- We will handle the negotiation process and fight for a fair settlement
- We will represent your case in court if your attorney deems it necessary
Our law firm is fully ready to handle every aspect of your Lyft accident case, so you can devote your energy and other resources to healing from your injuries and attending to personal matters.
A Lyft Accident Lawyer in Palm Desert Can Prove Liability
Your Lyft accident attorney in Palm Desert can review the evidence available in your case to establish fault and liability for your rideshare accident. Here are some individuals and entities that may be responsible for your Lyft accident:
The Lyft Driver
California mandates Lyft to maintain automobile liability coverage worth $1,000,000 per accident. Different limits apply depending on what the driver was doing when the accident occurred. Here are some conditions that may change which insurance you are eligible to use:
- The driver isn’t logged into the app: If the driver is not logged into the Lyft app when the accident happens, then their own personal auto insurance will come into effect to cover losses. Lyft insurance will not apply in this case.
According to California’s Department of Motor Vehicles, all drivers must carry minimum liability insurance with:
- $15,000 for bodily injury to one person
- $30,000 for injury to more than one person
- $5,000 for property damage
- The driver is logged on to the app, waiting for a ride request: If an accident occurs during this period, Lyft’s liability insurance will cover what the driver’s insurance does not. This includes:
- $50,000 for bodily injury per person
- $100,000 for bodily injury per accident
- $30,000 per accident for property damage
- The driver is about to pick up or is transporting a passenger: In this case, Lyft’s full insurance policy may apply:
- $1,000,000 auto liability per accident
Lyft often has provisions for accidents with underinsured or uninsured drivers, among others. They may also still cover damages for the driver even if they are liable.
Our Palm Desert Lyft accident lawyer can help you determine which insurance pertains to your case and will file with the appropriate party.
A Third-Party Driver
If another driver’s negligence contributed to the accident, you could initiate a claim against that driver’s insurer. As mentioned, Lyft may hold additional insurance for drivers and passengers injured in accidents with a liable third party.
After investigating your case, your lawyer can explain which individuals and entities can be pursued for compensation.
Your Time to Pursue Compensation for Lyft Accident Injuries is Limited
According to California Code CCP § 335.1, you generally have two years to file a civil action lawsuit against the liable party. Since insurance companies are aware of this deadline, they may be less inclined to offer full compensation if you miss it.
It can also be more difficult to collect evidence to support your case if a long time has passed since the accident. Filing quickly can give your lawyer ample time to collect time-sensitive evidence and build a strong case.
Schedule a Consultation With Our Palm Desert Lyft Accident Attorney
Lyft accidents can cause tremendous setbacks in your life. You may have to shoulder significant bills from your injuries while also focusing on recovery. Allowing us to help you seek compensation will alleviate some of the financial burdens you may be facing right now.
Contact us today to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with our Lyft accident attorney in Palm Desert. We are here to handle your case from start to finish, discuss your options, and guide you through the legal process.