The streets of San Francisco possess many unique challenges for drivers, such as steep hills, swiftly-moving bike messengers and light rail. The experienced car accident lawyers at Nadrich & Cohen are here to obtain financial compensation for your injuries, pain and suffering, medical costs, time missed at work, damaged car and more if you or a loved one was injured or killed in a car accident in San Francisco.
You will receive nothing for your troubles but a disrespectfully low offer from the at-fault driver’s insurance company if you try to handle your car accident injury claim by yourself. The offer will be disrespectfully low because the insurance company will only respect you if you are represented by a strong, battle-tested law firm with a proven track record like Nadrich & Cohen. Insurance companies know that if they offer you a disrespectful lowball offer, your only option for getting the money you deserve out of your car accident case is to sue them over it. Insurance companies also know that you can’t successfully sue them over San Francisco car accidents unless you have a lawyer, so you’ll never get a fair settlement or maximum compensation out of an insurance company without a lawyer.
Allowing experienced car accident attorneys to talk to the insurance companies for you also prevents you from accidentally saying things, things the insurance companies intentionally trick you into saying, that can allow them to pay you less money. You could find yourself having accidentally implicated your own fault in an accident that wasn’t actually your fault if you don’t obtain the representation of a car accident law firm. You might also find yourself saying something to the insurance company that implies your auto accident injuries aren’t as severe as you claim. This could be something as simple as saying “fine” when they ask you how you’re doing. It’s important to have lawyers talking to the insurance companies for you so you don’t have to worry about saying the wrong thing.
The Bay Area is home to some of the finest medical care in the country, and we’ve been representing victims of auto accidents for 30 years. We have, in that time, developed working relationships with the finest medical practitioners in the area. These doctors know that almost all of our car accident claims are settled out of court for a fair and just amount, so they agree to not charge our clients until their cases are over.
We won’t charge you until your case is over, as well, and we won’t charge you at all for our services if we don’t obtain a recovery for you. That is our no fee promise. Our only fee is a portion of your recovery and it is only charged if we obtain a recovery.
Call our personal injury attorneys now for a free consultation if you or a loved one was injured or killed in a car accident in San Francisco. We may be able to obtain a financial recovery to compensate you for your injuries. You can also fill out the form on the right or text us from this page.
What To Do After A Car Accident In San Francisco
- Get to safety: The first thing you should do at the accident scene is get to a safe place, if possible. Get yourself and your vehicle as far off of the road or to the side of the road as possible if you can.
- Call 911: You are legally obligated to call 911 after an accident if anyone has been hurt or killed. However, there’s another reason you should call 911: a traffic collision report can be a vital piece of evidence in terms of convincing an insurance company to pay you for your injuries. You want the police to show up and craft a police report, which you should request a copy of. While police reports aren’t admissible as evidence in court, they are often the single most important piece of evidence in personal injury cases in terms of negotiating with insurance companies. Check to see if anyone has been injured, then call 911.
- Seek medical attention: It is important that you receive medical attention as soon as you can after an accident, even if you don’t think you’ve been hurt. Many common car accident injuries don’t make themselves known to you until hours, days, weeks or even months after an accident. Adrenaline and endorphins can mask pain at the scene of an accident, and many injuries simply don’t show symptoms for a long time. However, insurance companies can claim that the injuries sustained in motor vehicle accidents were actually sustained in a different event if you wait too long to have your injuries documented by a medical professional, so it’s vital for you to seek medical attention right away if you’ve been in a car accident in San Francisco, CA.
- Gather evidence: Take photos and/or video of the accident scene, including your injuries, any property damage, roadway conditions, any signs or signals in the area, etc. Get the contact and insurance information of any other drivers involved. Get the contact information of any witnesses to the accident. Keep your conversation to a minimum while doing all of this. Anything you say at the scene of the accident can and will be used against you by an insurance company. Only do the bare minimum speaking necessary to obtain contact information, etc.
- Call Nadrich & Cohen: If you’re looking for the best car accident lawyers in San Francisco, look no further than Nadrich & Cohen. We have been representing victims of serious injuries in San Francisco since 1990. Our experience will allow us to obtain the most compensation possible for you in your personal injury claim. We will handle every aspect of your case for you, including all communications and negotiations with the insurance companies. All you have to do is call a San Francisco car accident lawyer at Nadrich & Cohen and let us take care of your case while you focus on recovering from your injuries.
What Financial Compensation Is Available After A Car Accident In San Francisco?
You are entitled under California law to recover compensation if you have been injured in a car crash which wasn’t your fault. Our legal team can help you recover financial compensation for:
- Medical bills: You may qualify for compensation for any medical bills you have already incurred as a result of your injuries. However, we may also be able to obtain compensation for any medical bills you can be reasonably expected to incur in the future which are related to your car accident injuries.
- Lost wages: You may have missed time from work due to your accident. You may have been left unable to work for some time, or you may have had to miss work to attend medical appointments or treatments. You may qualify for compensation for any wages you were unable to earn due to your injuries.
- Loss of earning capacity: If your injuries have left you unable to work or unable to do the work you once did, you may be able to obtain compensation for any loss of earning capacity related to your car accident injuries.
- Pain and suffering: Being injured in a car accident can be very painful, both physically and mentally. You may be eligible for financial compensation for any physical pain or emotional suffering that are the result of your accident.
- Property damage: It is common to either have one’s vehicle totaled, or suffer thousands of dollars in vehicle repair costs after a car accident. You may qualify for financial compensation for any property damage sustained in your accident.
- Wrongful death: If you have lost a loved one in a San Francisco car accident, we are truly sorry for your loss. You may qualify for compensation for the loss of your loved one’s love and companionship, the loss of their income, funeral costs, burial costs and more.
How We Can Obtain Financial Compensation For Your San Francisco Car Accident
California Civil Code Section 1714 (a) is what gives us the ability to obtain financial compensation for your injuries. It holds the driver who is at fault for your accident (or, in effect, their insurance company) financially liable for your injuries and any other damages resulting from those injuries, such as lost wages and medical bills. It does this because it holds anyone who causes harm via negligence liable for that harm.
Negligence in California is defined by civil jury instructions as failing to be reasonably careful in order to prevent harm from happening. Acting and not acting can both be negligent. Doing what a reasonably careful person wouldn’t is negligent. Not doing what a reasonably careful person would is negligent. Juries are told to consider what a reasonably careful person would or wouldn’t do in the same situation when evaluating if a defendant was negligent.
California juries are instructed that it must be proven that negligence occurred and was a substantial factor in causing harm in order to establish a negligence claim.
Our personal injury law firm can obtain financial compensation for your injuries by proving that your accident was the result of someone else’s negligence.
The Unique Hazards Of San Francisco’s Roads
The roads of San Francisco contain many unique hazards, including:
Stalling can be an issue when climbing hills with manual transmissions in San Francisco. It’s important to keep enough speed to avoid stalling when shifting into at least second gear to climb a steep hill. Those not used to driving a manual transmission on steep hills may also wish to use the parking brake when stopping on an uphill incline, such as at a stop sign, so as to avoid rolling backward and hitting the car behind you when attempting to move forward again.
To avoid your car rolling away on hills when parking, turn your wheels away from the curb when facing uphill and parking, and turn your wheels toward the curb when facing downhill in parking.
Nadrich & Cohen Accident Injury Lawyers
San Francisco, CA 94127
One-Way Streets, Bus-Only Lanes And More
San Francisco has lots of one-way streets so it’s easy to find yourself in a very dangerous situation, driving against the flow of traffic, if you don’t pay attention to street signs.
Bus-only lanes and signs that tell you that you can’t make a left turn at a specific time of day are also examples of hazards you can encounter if you don’t pay attention to street signs in San Francisco.
Bicyclists And Pedestrians
San Francisco has a lot of cyclists, including speedy messengers. It is important to always keep an eye out for cyclists when driving in San Francisco. Assume they may not follow the rules of the road.
San Francisco is a famous walking town and not only are there a ton of pedestrians, jaywalking is simply part of the culture. Always keep an eye out for pedestrians while driving in San Francisco. You must yield to pedestrians in San Francisco regardless of if they’re in a crosswalk or not.
San Francisco Car Accident Lawsuits
We’ve been representing car accident victims in San Francisco since 1990 and have recovered over $350,000,000 on behalf of clients in that time. We have amassed a network of the best car accident experts in the Bay Area in that time, and between their help and our experience, almost all of our car accident cases settle out of court for the full amount our client deserves.
Call a car accident attorney at Nadrich & Cohen now for a free consultation if you or a loved one was injured or killed in a car accident in San Francisco. We may be able to obtain financial compensation for you in a car accident claim or car accident lawsuit.