Calling an Uber or Lyft driver has replaced calling a taxi driver for many. You can download an app and hail a ride almost any time, anywhere, and because of this, ridesharing has exploded in popularity since its industry was established.
Unfortunately, a rideshare company like Uber or Lyft doesn’t have to follow the same safety regulations or standards that a traditional taxi company has to, leading to rides that can be more dangerous.
If an Uber driver or a driver for another ridesharing company caused your accident and you can’t afford to get your injuries treated, a Tracy rideshare accident lawyer at Nadrich & Cohen can get you to quality doctors who won’t charge you for treatment until your case is over. Doctors are willing to do this for our car accident victims because they know we obtain great settlements for our clients.
If you or a loved one has been injured or killed in an Uber or Lyft accident, or in an accident involving another ridesharing company, an experienced Tracy Uber accident lawyer at Nadrich & Cohen can help you. Call us today for a free, no-risk consultation or text us from this page in order to learn more regarding your legal opportunities and rights. We understand ridesharing cases and how to fight to obtain the most financial compensation possible in a personal injury claim involving ridesharing companies. You could be owed financial compensation by Uber, Lyft or another ridesharing company.
Why You Need A Tracy Lyft Accident Lawyer
Lift any stress off your shoulders by hiring the right Lyft accident attorney the first time.
It’s important for you to hire a lawyer regardless of the circumstances of your injuries. Insurance adjusters, as well as the corporate lawyers representing insurance companies, Uber or Lyft, will attempt to minimize your Lyft accident claim or immediately offer you a tiny settlement, hoping you accept it and, in the process, sign a document waiving your rights to future Lyft accident claims.
These things won’t happen to you if you hire the experienced Tracy Uber accident lawyers at Nadrich & Cohen. If you have us at your side, we’ll fight to obtain all of the financial compensation you’re entitled to under California law.
We have tremendous experience regarding the complexities of car accident law as well as handling cases involving ridesharing accidents. We regularly handle ridesharing accident cases and have recovered countless settlements and awards for our clients.
By hiring us, you can:
- Obtain a head start regarding your Uber or Lyft accident claim
- Get protected from the insurers and lawyers representing Uber or Lyft
- Receive information in a timely manner and gain a thorough understanding of the legal rights granted to you by California law
- Focus completely on recovering from your injuries while we handle every aspect of your case
- Remove stress from your life by leaving the legal details to us
- Obtain the most financial compensation possible for your medical bills, lost wages, pain, suffering and more
Uber and Lyft’s insurance companies won’t pay you what you deserve after you’re injured in Uber and Lyft accidents unless you have a lawyer. They know that if you can’t sue them and win, you can’t make them pay you what you deserve, so they’ll only offer you a fraction of what you deserve unless you have an experienced Tracy Uber accident attorney like the lawyers at Nadrich & Cohen by your side.
Insurance adjusters are also experts at manipulating injury victims into saying things that imply their own fault for accidents, or that minimize their injuries. They do this because when injury victims say these things accidentally, typically while being recorded, they can use those statements to pay them less or not pay them anything at all.
An experienced Tracy Lyft accident attorney at Nadrich & Cohen can handle all negotiations and communications with insurance companies for you, make sure that you’re offered a fair settlement, and, if need be, take your case to trial for you if no fair settlement is offered.
Ridesharing Accident Compensation
If you have been injured in a Lyft or Uber accident in Tracy, CA, you’re probably wondering how much your case is worth. Between filing insurance claims and possibly filing a lawsuit, you possess the chance to obtain justice and financial compensation.
You can’t change the pain and suffering you’ve endured by obtaining a financial recovery. However, financial compensation can prevent you from experiencing financial hardship.
To make sure all of your losses are considered, a Tracy rideshare accident attorney will classify your losses as being economic damages or non-economic damages.
Economic damages are damages with an objective value attached to them. These damages include:
- Medical bills: Those injured in accidents caused by Uber and Lyft drivers are often left with expensive medical bills as a result. These can be bills you’ve already racked up, or these can be bills you’ll face in the future to deal with ongoing treatment. Both past and future medical bills are recoverable after car accidents involving rideshare drivers.
- Lost wages: Those hurt in motor vehicle accidents involving Uber or Lyft can end up missing time from work, whether it be to attend medical appointments or whether it’s simply because their injuries left them unable to work. The Tracy Uber accident attorneys at Nadrich & Cohen can help you recover any wages you were unable to earn due to your injuries.
- Loss of earning capacity: If you’ve been injured in an accident caused by a rideshare driver, you may no longer be able to work again, or you might not be able to ever do the job you once did again. We can help you obtain financial compensation for any reduction or loss of your earning capacity.
- Property damage: Uber accidents can lead to property damage, such as damage to your vehicle and the things inside of it. The Tracy Lyft accident lawyers at Nadrich & Cohen can help you obtain compensation for any property damage sustained in your accident.
- Wrongful death: Uber or Lyft accidents sometimes lead to deaths, and surviving family members can obtain financial compensation for burial costs, funeral costs, their loved one’s financial support, their loved one’s medical bills and more.
Nadrich & Cohen Accident Injury Lawyers
Tracy, CA 95376
Non-economic damages are damages which don’t have an objective value attached to them. They are subjectively valued, and their values can vary widely since they affect each accident victim’s life differently.
The Tracy Lyft accident attorneys at Nadrich & Cohen will thoroughly investigate all of your non-economic damages to make sure every one of them is considered. You may be compensated for:
- Pain and suffering: Rideshare accidents can cause injuries which lead to physical pain and mental suffering, and you may be compensated for this.
- Disfigurement: An accident caused by a ridesharing driver may lead to disfigurement such as scarring or amputation. This disfigurement can be emotionally devastating and you may recover compensation for the mental and emotional impacts of this disfigurement.
- Loss of love and companionship: If you lost a loved one to an accident involving an Uber vehicle, the Tracy rideshare accident lawyers at Nadrich & Cohen can help you recover financial compensation for the loss of the companionship and love of your loved one.
Not every personal injury case involving Uber drivers will result in punitive damages. However, in some cases, rideshare companies and their drivers may be punished when intentional, reckless, or grossly negligent behavior led to an accident. This punishment comes in the form of punitive damages awarded to the plaintiff.
The court system, by awarding punitive damages to a Lyft or Uber accident victim, punishes the defendant for their behavior and discourages others from behaving in a similar fashion.
If you have questions regarding how much your Lyft or Uber accident claim may be worth, call the Tracy rideshare accident attorneys at Nadrich & Cohen today for a free consultation.
What Should I Do After A Lyft Or Uber Accident?
If you are involved in a rideshare accident, there are steps you should take to build an insurance claim properly and protect your rights. You should:
- Keep calm and stay at the accident scene: It’s illegal for you to flee the scene of an accident.
- Don’t admit fault: Don’t apologize for the accident either. Anything you say at the scene of the accident can be used against you when it comes time to try to recover compensation for your injuries.
- Call 911: You must do this if anyone was hurt or killed in the accident or if the accident involved $1,000 or more in property damage. You also want police to show up so you can get a copy of the police report, which may be important for convincing an insurance company to pay you what you deserve for your injuries.
- Get contact information: Get the contact and insurance information of the driver. Get the contact information of any witnesses.
- Take pictures: A picture is worth 1,000 words. Take pictures of the accident scene, including pictures of your injuries, any damage to vehicles, the road conditions, the weather conditions, any traffic signals or signs nearby, etc.
- Get medical treatment right away: Get medical treatment as soon as you can even if you don’t think you’re hurt. It’s vital you have any injuries documented by a medical professional as soon as possible so insurance companies can’t claim that you were injured by something other than your accident. Dutifully attend any follow-up appointments, tests or treatments, as failure to do so can impact your ability to be compensated for your injuries.
- Report the accident to Lyft or Uber.
- Call an experienced personal injury attorney at Nadrich & Cohen: If you obtain our legal representation, we can handle every aspect of your case for you, handle all communications with insurance companies for you and obtain the maximum compensation possible for your injuries.
Is There A Time Limit For My Uber Or Lyft Accident Case?
There is a deadline to file any lawsuit in California. Meeting this deadline is vital for the outcome of your case. You could end up in financial distress if you miss this deadline.
For personal injury lawsuits such as Uber and Lyft accident lawsuits, including wrongful death lawsuits, you usually have two years from the date of the accident to file a case.
We will need evidence regarding fault, negligence and liability in order to file a lawsuit on your behalf. We will also need to perform an investigation in order to determine what fair compensation is for your injuries. We can’t expect a good outcome if we file a lawsuit for you a single day before the time limit expires. Calling us today gives us the best opportunity to build a convincing case and obtain for you the financial compensation you deserve.
Who Is Liable For My Rideshare Accident?
Your lawyer can assist you with determining who is liable for your rideshare accident. California rideshare drivers have numerous levels of insurance coverage, such as property damage and medical coverage for their riders. If you have a lawyer to help you with a claim, your accident will be recreated by an investigator, who will figure out whose fault the accident was.
The rideshare driver could be liable. Another driver could be liable. A ridesharing company may be liable, especially if your rideshare driver didn’t possess the coverage required.
Tracy Lyft And Uber Accident Lawyer
We have been handling car accident cases since 1990. We have recovered over $350,000,000 on behalf of our clients. We have been handling rideshare accident cases since the very beginning of the rideshare industry.
Hiring the right lawyers with the right experience could mean the difference between being financially comfortable and facing huge medical bills for the rest of your life. Having experienced rideshare accident lawyers like us by your side gives you the best chance of recovering the most financial compensation possible for your injuries.
Call us today for a free consultation. You may be eligible for financial compensation.