Property owners and businesses in California cities such as Tracy are duty-bound to provide individuals on their premises with safe environments. Businesses and property owners who fail to provide safe environments can be found liable for accidents such as slip and fall accidents which occur on their property. The insurance company employees representing the property where you slipped and fell are experts at denying you the full monetary compensation you deserve. You stand little chance of obtaining an adequate recovery from them on your own. It is therefore imperative that you seek the assistance of an experienced slip and fall lawyer in Tracy if you’ve been injured after a slip and fall accident.
Call us now at (209) 937-0888 if you or a loved one was injured in a slip and fall accident in Tracy. You may be eligible for financial compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering and more. Our services are free if we don’t obtain compensation for you.
Those who enter properties in California can reasonably expect to be safe as long as they don’t do anything that contributes to a dangerous situation. Residents and owners with control over a property are liable for injuries which occur on the property under premises liability law. The most common type of premises liability injury is a slip and fall injury.
Slip And Fall Accidents
The most common type of premises liability accident is a slip and fall accident. About 9.2 million Americans were treated in emergency rooms after falls in 2016, according to The National Safety Council. One group of people who is at special risk for injuries from falls is older Americans. Over 25 percent of older people fall every year.
The Responsibilities Of Business Owners
Business owners are duty bound to make sure that their premises are free of defects and safe for the public. They are obligated to repair any dangerous conditions on their properties and warn the public about any defects.
The Responsibilities Of Homeowners
Nadrich & Cohen Accident Injury Lawyers
Tracy, CA 95376
Slip and fall lawsuits are sometimes filed after a person is injured because of an unsafe condition at a home they are visiting. Homeowners in California are obligated to warn guests about any defects in their homes. They must not only warn guests about obvious defects but are also obligated to warn guests about any “hidden” defects which would be found by a reasonable investigation of the premises. A common example of this would be “loose boards” in steps that homeowners are unaware of. We have successfully obtained recoveries in many cases involving this type of accident.
Ice And Snow Accumulation Accidents
“Natural” accumulations of ice and snow which cause someone to be injured do not lead to homeowners and businesses being liable for the injuries. However, when homeowners or business owners incompletely or improperly try to clear snow or ice from their property and create a dangerous condition in the process, they can then be held liable for any injuries caused by their shoddy clearance.
Visitor Legal Status
Premises liability law recognizes three types of visitors:
- Invitees are people allowed to access the property lawfully, like a store’s customers. Invitees can reasonably expect that the premises are safe.
- Licensees enter properties at the consent of the owner. Social guests are licensees.
- Trespassers enter premises without permission. They cannot reasonably expect safety on the property, but in some exceptions can still recover damages for their injuries.
What To Do After A Slip And Fall
- Seek medical attention immediately after a slip and fall. Do whatever you can to document your injuries. Seek medical attention even if you don’t think you’re injured. Injuries sometimes don’t reveal themselves to people for hours or even days after the injury. Delays in seeking and obtaining medical treatment can hurt your chances of getting the largest possible financial recovery for your injuries, so it is important to seek medical attention as soon as possible.
- Do whatever you can to document the dangerous condition(s) that led to your slip and fall injury. Take photos and obtained signed incident reports.
- Do not talk with the insurance company representing the property you slipped and fell on. Their employees are trained to manipulate you into saying something incriminating which allows them to pay you less money. They will probably offer you a quick, tempting settlement. It is best to obtain the help of an experienced slip and fall lawyer instead of taking this settlement, which will almost always be much smaller than what you deserve. Let a lawyer deal with the insurance company for you and obtain you the full compensation you deserve.
Slip And Fall Case Methodology
Our aggressive, battle-tested attorneys have been handling slip and fall cases since 1990. We have the experience and know-how to successfully handle your slip and fall claim by doing the following:
- We demonstrate the accident-causing condition’s nature;
- We demonstrate that the owner of the property had constructive or actual notice of the condition. Constructive notice implies that a property owner should have been aware of a defective or dangerous condition since enough time had passed for a property owner exercising reasonable care to discover the condition. Actual notice means the owner of the property was directly aware of the dangerous condition;
- We demonstrate that the owner of the property was responsible for the condition which caused the injury.
The Premier Tracy Slip And Fall Law Firm
Our strong, experienced lawyers possess decades of legal experience and they’ve obtained numerous six-to-seven-digit recoveries for slip and fall injury victims in that time. We know all of the legal intricacies of slip and fall law and the insurance companies respect and fear us because of this.
We handle cases on a contingency fee basis. This means the only money you’ll ever owe us is a percentage of your recovery. You owe us nothing if we don’t obtain a recovery for you.
Call us today at (209) 937-0888 for a free consultation if you or a loved one was injured in a slip and fall accident. You may be eligible for financial compensation. You can also complete the free case evaluation form, email us at email@example.com or chat with our free live chat service.