A slip or trip and fall accident can lead to brain trauma, broken bones and many other serious injuries which can change your life in an instant. The Palm Desert slip and fall accident attorneys at Nadrich & Cohen will fight for you to obtain for you the financial compensation you deserve to pay for lost income, medical bills and any other damages you have sustained because of your injuries. Call us today for a free consultation.
Do I Need A Slip And Fall Lawyer?
If you have been injured in a slip and fall which was someone else’s fault, the at-fault party is legally obligated to pay you for any damages related to your accident. The at-fault party’s insurance company will be the ultimate source of any payout you receive in almost every case.
However, while the insurance company is technically legally obligated to pay you for your damages, they don’t actually have to pay you what you’re entitled to if you don’t have a lawyer, practically speaking. This is because the only thing you can do when an insurance company refuses to pay you what you deserve is sue them over it, and insurance companies know you can’t win a lawsuit without a lawyer.
Because of this, the only way to get an insurance company who is refusing to pay you what you deserve is to show them you mean business by hiring experienced slip and fall lawyers like Nadrich & Cohen. Insurance companies keep files on lawyers, so when you hire slip and fall attorneys like Nadrich & Cohen, who have a track record of success in slip and fall cases going back over 30 years. insurance companies know you mean business, and know it’s foolhardy to waste expensive legal fees taking you on in court. Almost all of our cases are settled out of court because insurance companies respect and fear us.
In addition, insurance companies are very good at tricking injury victims into saying things which imply their own fault for an accident, or imply their injuries aren’t actually severe. Insurance adjusters are literally trained to manipulate injury victims like this so they can pay them less or even nothing at all. Experienced lawyers like Nadrich & Cohen can handle all communications and negotiations with insurance companies for you so you don’t have to worry about incriminating yourself.
California Slip And Fall Damages Which Can Be Recovered
The damages which can be recovered in a slip and fall case in California depend on the unique circumstances of each individual case. When you obtain the legal representation of Nadrich & Cohen, our lawyers will closely evaluate invoices relating to expenses caused by your accident, your medical bills and other evidence to come up with an exhaustive list of damages you may be eligible to recover. California slip and fall plaintiffs can recover compensation for:
- Past, present and future healthcare expenses: If you have suffered a personal injury in a slip and fall accident, you likely already owe money in the form of medical bills. If you have been injured particularly badly, you may also require future medical treatment which will lead to yet more bills. You may be able to be compensated for any past, present or future medical bills.
- Loss of income: Many people who are injured after slipping and falling are unable to work for a while after being hurt. In addition, many injury victims find themselves needing to take time off of work to attend medical appointments or treatments. A personal injury lawyer at Nadrich & Cohen can help you obtain compensation for any lost wages as a result of your slip and fall.
- Loss or reduction of earning capacity: Unfortunately, some slip and fall victims end up hurting themselves so badly that they can no longer work again, or can no longer do the work they used to before the accident. If a slip and fall has caused your earning capacity to disappear or be reduced, a personal injury attorney at Nadrich & Cohen can help you obtain compensation for the loss or reduction of your earning capacity.
- Pain and suffering: Being injured in an accident can lead to a great deal of physical pain and emotional suffering. California personal injury law entitles injury victims to financial compensation for pain and suffering when their injury was someone else’s fault.
- Loss of enjoyment: It can be difficult for some to enjoy life after being hurt badly in a slip and fall. A Palm Desert personal injury lawyer at Nadrich & Cohen can help you get compensated for your loss of enjoyment of life after being injured.
- Loss of companionship: Unfortunately, sometimes severe injuries have consequences like the loss of a partner. The law firm of Nadrich & Cohen can help you obtain financial compensation if you lost a partner due to a slip and fall accident.
- Disability: It is unfortunately common for injury victims to end up disabled because of their injuries. Personal injury cases often end with plaintiffs obtaining financial compensation for their newfound disabilities, including compensation for the inability to work as well as compensation for necessary modifications to homes or vehicles.
- Disfigurement: When injuries lead to disfigurement, the disfigurement can necessitate expensive treatments, and can also psychologically damage someone for life. The law offices of Nadrich & Cohen can help you obtain financial compensation for any financial losses or emotional trauma relating to disfigurement.
- Punitive damages against those responsible for your slip and fall: Punitive damages are not awarded in every personal injury case. However, when defendants’ conduct is particularly reckless or even malicious, the personal injury lawyers at Nadrich & Cohen can help you obtain punitive damages intended to punish the defendants and deter others from behaving similarly.
Many factors determine what kind of damages you can recover in a slip and fall case, including how much income you lost while you recovered from your injuries, the severity of your personal injuries, whether or not you can return to work, how your injuries affect your relationships and more. Our slip and fall lawyers will carefully and thoroughly calculate your damages to ensure all possible damages you can recover for are included in your claim.
How Long Do I Have To File A Slip And Fall Lawsuit?
There is a time limit in California when it comes to filing personal injury lawsuits such as slip and fall lawsuits. That time limit is known as a statute of limitations.
You have two years from the date of your injuries to file a slip and fall lawsuit in California. If you fail to file a lawsuit within this time period, you will no longer be allowed to file a lawsuit, putting an end to your hopes of obtaining full compensation for your injuries.
Nadrich & Cohen Accident Injury Lawyers
Palm Desert, CA 92260
In addition, if your slip and fall accident was the fault of a government entity, that time limit is reduced to only six months.
Call us today for a free consultation so we can have as much time as possible to prepare a convincing case for you and file it on time. Because time is limited, acting now gives you the best chance at obtaining maximum compensation for your injuries.
What Should I Do After A Slip And Fall?
Taking the right steps after being injured in a slip and fall accident maximizes your chances of obtaining full compensation for your injuries. You should:
- Report the accident
- Never accept fault
- Investigate the accident scene for dangerous conditions
- Take pictures and/or video of your injuries and the accident scene
- Get the contact information of any eyewitnesses
- Seek medical attention immediately, even if you don’t think you’re hurt, as getting any injuries, even ones you may be unaware of, documented as soon as possible is vital in terms of preventing insurance companies from claiming your injuries were caused by something other than your slip and fall
- Keep the shoes and clothes you wore when the accident occurred
- Keep a file containing any documents or evidence related to your accident
- Call Nadrich & Cohen for a free consultation
We will help you navigate every phase of filing a slip and fall insurance claim or lawsuit after you call us. We will handle every step of the way for you so all you have to do is focus on recovering from your injuries.
Common Slip And Fall Types
Slip and fall accidents can occur anywhere in the Palm Desert area. Sometimes all it takes is a single spilled drink to cause devastating injuries.
The lawyers at Nadrich & Cohen rely on their exhaustive experience and knowledge relating to California premises liability laws to help our injured clients obtain financial recoveries in the following slip and fall accident types:
- Indoor accidents
- Outdoor accidents
- Falls resulting from slipping on spilled liquid
- Slip and fall accidents caused by plumbing leaks
- Slipping and falling on walkways or sidewalks
- Slipping and falling in supermarkets
- Accidents involving boats
- Accidents at marinas
- Weather-related falls
- Falls in apartment complexes
- Falls that result from inadequate lighting
- Accidents caused by a lack of handrails
- Slip and fall accidents in elevators or on escalators
- Slip and fall accidents which happen on carpet, tile, linoleum or concrete
Every slip and fall case is different. Some may have one liable party and some may have several liable parties. It is important to hire a slip and fall attorney in Palm Desert, CA who will give your case the personalized attention it deserves since every slip and fall case is unique. The lawyers at Nadrich & Cohen will conduct a thorough, prompt investigation of your case to identify any and all parties which may be liable for your injuries.
We will quickly gather all liability evidence before it becomes impossible to do so. This evidence may include:
- Testimony from witnesses
- Video evidence of your fall
- Expert witness testimony
- Photographs of the dangerous condition which led to your fall
- Records documenting previous slip and fall accidents at the same property
- Incident and police reports
- Records of maintenance
California Slip And Fall Liability
People in California are duty-bound to protect those on their property from harm. Those who own, occupy, lease or control property have this duty. Insurers and parent companies can sometimes also be liable for slip and fall injuries in California. For example, a person slips on a spilled drink at a convention and is badly injured. The convention center was rented out to the company responsible for the convention for the day. The company responsible for the convention, the convention center’s owner, the convention center’s parent company, all of these peoples’ insurers and maybe even the employees of the convention center and the company responsible for the convention are all potentially liable parties in this hypothetical slip and fall case.
Slip and fall plaintiffs in California need to establish the following to recover slip and fall accident damages:
- The property was owned, occupied or leased by the defendant
- The defendant’s maintenance or use of the property was negligent
- The plaintiff sustained harm by falling on the property
- The negligence of the defendant was a substantial reason why the plaintiff was harmed
- The property contained a condition which presented those on the property with an unreasonable risk of harm
- This risk was known or should have been known by the defendant
- The defendant failed to give adequate warning about the condition, protect against harm caused by the condition or repair the unsafe condition
Nadrich & Cohen Can Help You
Our lawyers, once hired by you, will speak with insurance companies and the at fault parties on your behalf. We will do everything for you, including finding you the best doctors who work on a lien for you. This means you won’t have to pay for medical treatment until your case is over. We will do everything for you so you can concentrate on getting better. These doctors’ fees, as well as ours, will come out of your recovery so you will never owe us any money. You will not owe us any money if we don’t obtain a recovery for you.
We have been handling slip and fall cases since 1990 and have obtained numerous recoveries for slip and fall accident victims, including:
- $300,000 for a tire shop customer who slipped and fell on a slipper surface, leading to a torn rotator cuff and multiple fractured ribs
- $90,000 for a shopper who tripped on a wooden pallet which was negligently placed at a shopping center, fracturing her hip
- $50,000 for a guest at a residence who suffered a lacerated leg after stepping out of a hot tub onto a defective step
Call an experienced attorney at Nadrich & Cohen today for a free case evaluation if you or a loved one was injured in a slip and fall accident. You can also text us from this page or complete the free “Do I Have A Claim?” case evaluation form.