Are you thinking about hiring a Modesto slip and fall lawyer to obtain for you financial compensation for your slip and fall injuries?
If so, you should know the following about Nadrich & Cohen:
- We have recovered over $350 million on behalf of our clients since our firm was founded in 1990;
- We successfully obtain financial compensation for our clients in over 99% of our cases;
- We offer free consultations and contingency fee representation so our clients never owe us a penny;
- We’ve obtained $2,200,000 for a woman who fell because of black ice in a Modesto parking lot and developed complex regional pain syndrome;
- We’re an A+ Better Business Bureau accredited business and have been named a member of the National Trial Lawyers top 100 trial lawyers.
Call our Modesto personal injury attorneys now for a free consultation if you or a loved one was injured in a slip and fall accident. You may be eligible for financial compensation for your medical bills, lost wages and more. Our services are free if we don’t obtain financial compensation for you.
What Is A Slip And Fall Accident?
A slip and fall accident is when a person slips or trips and falls and becomes injured.
Slip and falls can be caused by many different types of conditions, including but not limited to:
- Wet or torn flooring
- Narrow steps
- Dim lighting
- Uneven sidewalks
- Outdoor hazards such as snow and ice
- Objects left in walkways
- Missing or broken handrails
About 9.2 million Americans needed emergency room treatment after a fall in 2016.
Nadrich & Cohen Accident Injury Lawyers
Modesto, CA 95354
Slip and fall accidents often happen on property owned by someone else than the person who falls. Property owners may be liable for damages incurred in these falls. It can be difficult to prove who is liable for your injuries if you slipped and fell on someone else’s property.
It is necessary to demonstrate the following when proving responsibility for a slip and fall accident:
- The slip and fall happened because of a dangerous condition
- The owner of the property knew or should have known about the condition and the danger it posed
- The property owner failed to fix the condition, protect against harm from the condition or warn about the condition, such as by posting adequate warning signs
You may be eligible to recover damages for lost wages, pain and suffering and medical bills if you can demonstrate these things. However, demonstrating these things can be difficult if not impossible for lay persons without intricate knowledge of the law. You need the help of experienced Modesto slip and fall lawyers in order to prove negligence in a slip and fall lawsuit.
Do I Need Modesto Slip And Fall Attorneys?
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident which wasn’t your fault, the ultimate source of financial compensation for your injuries is going to be insurance company who represents the at fault party. However, that insurance company is not going to offer you anywhere near what you’re entitled to under California law if you’re not represented by an experienced Modesto slip and fall lawyer like the lawyers at Nadrich & Cohen.
If you don’t have a lawyer, the insurance company will know it can get away with offering you a lowball offer. The insurance company will know that your only option after they present you with a lowball offer is to sue them over the offer, and they know you can’t successfully navigate the legal process and win a lawsuit if you’re not represented by an experienced slip and fall law office like Nadrich & Cohen.
It is very common for insurance companies to suddenly offer our clients what they actually deserve for their injuries after months of nothing but lowball offers once they know that our legal team is representing our clients and threatening legal action against the insurance company. Almost all of our cases settle out of court because of our long track record of success in terms of litigating slip and fall cases.
In addition, it’s vital that you have lawyers to handle all communications and negotiations with insurance companies for you, since insurance adjusters are experts at tricking injury victims into saying things they can use to pay them less compensation or no compensation at all. It is very easy to fall for these tricks without realizing it. Providing a simple “fine” in response to an insurance adjuster asking how you are could be used by the insurance company as evidence that you’re not actually hurt badly enough to deserve the financial compensation you’re entitled to under California law. By hiring the slip and fall lawyers at Nadrich & Cohen, you can rest assured we will handle all communications and negotiations with insurance companies for you, as well as every other aspect of your case, while you simply sit back and focus on recovering from your slip and fall injuries.
Common Slip And Fall Injuries
Some slip and fall accidents involve minor injuries but some of them involve serious injuries. These accidents can instantly change your life by causing extreme hardship and pain. The personal injuries a slip and fall accident can cause include but are not limited to:
- Broken bones: Broken bones are often the result of a slip and fall accident. Breaks can be minor but they can also be severe and necessitate surgery. Tissues around the bone can be injured as well when a bone breaks. A fall injury of this type sometimes necessitates chronic pain therapy. Seek medical attention immediately if you feel sharp pain in a bone or joint or experience bleeding and swelling after a slip and fall.
- Spinal cord injuries: Some of the most severe slip and fall injuries can lead to spinal cord injuries. Spinal cord injuries need immediate medical attention and can be severely life-altering. Paralysis may result. A serious injury like a spinal cord injury needs a lot of treatment which can be very expensive. It is critical to obtain the services of a lawyer in these cases. Slip and fall attorneys can obtain for you the maximum possible financial recovery in a personal injury case to help pay for the costs of an accident like this.
- Soft tissue injuries: Injuries like this are the reason it is important to obtain medical attention immediately after a slip and fall, even if you don’t think you’ve been injured. Soft tissue injuries are often not noticed until well after an accident, but if you wait too long to seek medical attention for them a defendant in a slip and fall case can claim the injuries resulted from something other than the slip and fall. Soft tissue injuries include sprains and torn ligaments.
- Head injuries: Again, it is critical that you seek medical attention immediately after being involved in a slip and fall incident. You may think you’re OK but you might really have a concussion. Serious head injuries resulting from slip and falls can lead to traumatic brain injuries. These can create permanent, expensive health problems, so it’s important you get an experienced personal injury attorney to obtain you the most compensation possible for these kinds of injuries.
Slip And Fall Damages
There are many different kinds of damages you can obtain financial compensation for in a slip and fall lawsuit, including:
- Past and future medical bills: If you are a slip and fall injury victim, you have probably already incurred medical bills as a result of your serious accident. However, you may also be reasonably expected to incur further medical expenses in the future which will be related to your slip and fall accident. A slip and fall attorney at Nadrich & Cohen can help you obtain financial compensation for any past or future medical bills related to your accident.
- Lost wages: It is common for those injured in slip and fall accidents to miss time from work. Sometimes they are simply unable to work until their injuries heal. Other times they need to miss time from work in order to see doctors. We can help you recover compensation for any lost income that resulted from your slip and fall accident.
- Loss of earning capacity: Accidents happen, and sometimes they result in accident victims being unable to ever work again, or being unable to do the job they used to do before the accident. A loss of earning capacity results when this happens, and you may be eligible to obtain financial compensation for any loss of earning capacity that results from your slip and fall accident.
- Pain and suffering: Being injured in a slip and fall can be very painful, both physically and mentally. You may entitled under California law to just compensation for any physical pain or mental suffering experienced as a result of your slip and fall accident.
- Wrongful death: Unfortunately, sometimes slip and fall accidents lead to death, and we are truly sorry for your loss if you have lost a loved one to a slip and fall accident. Our law firm can help you obtain financial compensation for burial expenses, funeral expenses, the loss of your loved one’s companionship and love, the loss of your loved one’s income and more.
California Slip And Fall Statute Of Limitations
California plaintiffs have two years from the date of injury to file a slip and fall accident injury lawsuit. This time limit is reduced to six months if the responsible party is a public agency.
Modesto Slip And Fall Lawsuit
Our aggressive, battle-tested Modesto slip and fall accident attorneys will fight tenaciously to obtain the financial compensation you deserve for your injuries. Some lawyers take every kind of case under the book, from criminal cases to civil cases to corporate law cases. Nadrich & Cohen is dedicated to handling personal injury cases, and slip and fall cases are some of the most common personal injury cases. We have handled hundreds of these cases and know them inside and out due to our dedication to personal injury. We are experts at proving that our clients’ injuries are the result of someone else’s negligence.
Our Modesto personal injury lawyers offer our clients a no fee promise, meaning we will represent you on a contingency fee basis. You will not pay any legal fees unless we obtain a recovery for you. You will only owe us a percentage of the recovery if we obtain it for you.
Call a Modesto personal injury lawyer at Nadrich & Cohen today if you or a loved one was injured in a slip and fall accident in Modesto, CA. We offer free consultations. You can also fill out the “Do I Have A Claim?” form or text us from this page.