If you or a loved one suffered injuries due to the negligence of a company, organization or government agency, you can seek compensation through a mass torts claim. Mass torts claims are different than personal injury claims. In mass torts claims, multiple plaintiffs suffering similar harm pool their arguments and evidence together in a single case against a defendant.
A Hayward mass torts lawyer with Nadrich & Cohen can help you and your family seek justice and compensation. We can investigate your case to see if you can join an existing mass torts claim, start one, or simply begin an individual personal injury lawsuit.
How Is a Mass Torts Claim Different from a Class Action Lawsuit?
It’s easy to confuse mass torts claims with class action lawsuits. These two types of cases differ in various ways, though, including how a settlement or verdict is distributed among plaintiffs.
In class action lawsuits, plaintiffs are grouped into a single representative case, and their potential settlement is split evenly among them. In a mass torts claim, individual plaintiffs receive compensation proportional to their injuries and losses.
Mass torts claims give plaintiffs the opportunity to pool their resources together while also pursuing fair compensation reflecting their individual damages. Our Hayward mass torts lawyers can help determine if you can join a mass torts claim or help you file an individual lawsuit. Either way, we are dedicated to fighting for fair compensation for your losses.
What Are the Requirements for Mass Torts Claims?
Nadrich & Cohen Accident Injury Lawyers
Mass torts claims are brought against a single defendant, and plaintiffs must:
- Have similar losses and arguments about the defendant’s negligence, even though the extent of their losses differ
- Provide proof of their losses and the defendant’s negligence
- Be able to link their losses to the defendant’s negligence
In some ways, these requirements do not differ from individual personal injury lawsuits. In mass torts claims, plaintiffs essentially pursue the same defendant simultaneously, and their compensatory damages reflect their individual cases.
What Are Some Examples of Mass Torts Claims and Potential Defendants?
Plaintiffs in a mass torts claim often pursue a private or public company, such as a manufacturer of a defective product. Some examples of defendants in mass torts claims include:
- Pharmaceutical companies that manufacture dangerous drugs
- Manufacturers of defective or dangerous products, such as auto parts, medical devices, and construction equipment
- Industrial factories that caused hazardous exposure, such as toxic waste disposal or water or air contamination
- Commercial airlines responsible for plane crashes
- Construction companies that use asbestos
What Are Potential Damages in a Hayward Mass Torts Claim?
As with a personal injury lawsuit, you can seek both economic and non-economic damages in a mass torts claim. Ultimately, your potential compensation will reflect your losses. Some examples of damages our Hayward mass torts team can seek include:
- Current medical bills, such as for surgeries, hospital stays, diagnostic testing and doctors’ appointments
- Future medical bills, such as for rehabilitative therapy
- Home modifications if your injuries require them
- In-home aid if you require assistance with daily tasks
- Lost wages from time you took off work, including missed bonuses, paid time off and benefits
- Reduced earning capacity if you cannot earn your pre-injury income
- Pain and suffering for your physical pain and emotional turmoil
- Loss of quality of life
- Loss of consortium
- Out-of-pocket injury-related expenses
Our Hayward mass torts attorneys will make sure to account for both your current and future losses. The last thing you want is to leave anything to chance during negotiations. We can determine what fair compensation looks like in your case and use every resource available to go after it.
What Can Our Hayward Mass Torts Lawyers Do to Help?
Any legal matter can get complicated, but mass torts bring their own unique challenges. With so many plaintiffs, communications alone can get overwhelming. Our team of Hayward mass torts attorneys can act as a liaison between you and other plaintiffs’ legal teams, collecting and sharing evidence for the case.
They can also:
- Consult your medical professionals to gather evidence of the extent of your injuries
- Interview eyewitnesses and experts to gather testimonials
- Calculate your losses so your potential settlement fairly reflects them
- Handle all the necessary paperwork for your mass torts claim
- Negotiate with the defendant’s legal team
- Handle the litigation process, including representing you in a trial if necessary
We go the extra mile for our clients, so you can also expect us to keep you up to date on the progress of your case. Once we take on your mass torts claim, you can contact us any time to ask questions and voice concerns.
What Sets Our Hayward Mass Torts Attorneys Apart?
At Nadrich & Cohen, we have secured millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for victims of negligence, and now we want to fight for what you deserve. Our case results speak for themselves. Look at a few of our previous victories when it comes to mass torts claims:
- $1.2 million for a dangerous drug that led to a woman’s pulmonary hypertension
- $14.25 million for a dangerous over-the-counter drug that led to a child’s severe medical condition
- $3 million for a defective medical device used in our client’s surgery
Mass torts claims can involve severe injuries, and no one should have to suffer due to another’s negligence. Defendants in mass torts claims often have large legal teams, though. We can handle them while you focus on your health.
Call Nadrich & Cohen to Work with a Hayward Mass Torts Lawyer
Whether you are pursuing a mass torts claim or a personal injury lawsuit, our Hayward lawyers can help. Call us for your free consultation today and discuss your Alameda County case.